Showdown to In-Game?

I was wondering how well Showdown translates into the real games like X/Y. I've been getting pretty good in Showdown, but I'm worried that when I'm done breeding my game in team I won't be doing as well.

Skill tends to translate to both area's. Especially for prediction and sets. However I tend to find showdown users are better than the random pokemon fan at battling. Though it's really annoying to fight without the stat and hazard reminders.

Skill tends to translate to both area's. Especially for prediction and sets. However I tend to find showdown users are better than the random pokemon fan at battling. Though it's really annoying to fight without the stat and hazard reminders.
Alright, cool. I've doing well in Showdown, but I didn't want to breed that team and just start sucking again haha.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Battle Spot is more competitive precisely because the teams you face there have already had extensive PS testing or at least a lot of painstaking theorycrafting behind them, else the player wouldn't have wasted their team breeding the team. PS is still a valuable resource since it's much easier to make minor tweaks over time and play a larger volume of battles.

Come next season, (English) VGC players will probably migrate more to playing on PS exclusively once the Battle Spot rules are no longer equivalent to VGC rules.

Sunako

Battling on PS! can help you learn about the metagame and game mechanics in general. If you gain skills and experience from Showdown, then I don't see why it wouldn't help you with in-game playthroughs and wifi battles, as PS! is based entirely on the games.

_Tonks_

Battling on PS! can help you learn about the metagame and game mechanics in general. If you gain skills and experience from Showdown, then I don't see why it wouldn't help you with in-game playthroughs and wifi battles, as PS! is based entirely on the games.
PS!=Simulator. It doesn't always reflect the handhelds meta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)