Shows you wish you could've seen...

LCD Soundsystem was atop my "must see live" list for a hell of a long time. I'd still kill to see James Murphy do something, and maybe I'll have the chance to, but it's not quite the same.

In addition, King Crimson's phenomenal monstrosity of a live album that is The Great Deceiver was recorded a twenty minute drive from where I live. In addition to being performed by the most badass of all King Crimson lineups, it was one of their last performances prior to their first major hiatus. The cool improv tracks were probably a hell of a thing to hear live, and, while the studio version of "Starless" definitely has more, uh... coherent lyrics, the guitar work that ends the track is beyond perfect. It gives me chills to hear it through headphones 40 years later - I imagine experiencing it firsthand would've been a religious experience.

Micheal Jackson would've been cool to go see, he was my favorite artist for a good while not close to the time of his death but I still loved his music. It would've been nice to see the Beatles with john to.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
talking heads / wire / gang of four / any late 70s-early 80s punk band would be amazing, i'm a white boy and i just want to dance =/

also my bloody valentine when they were in their prime; not sure how their live stuff is now but i didn't care much for m b v and i also figure that they'd play a lot of that

bit of a bump, but i'm disappointed that nobody mentioned franz liszt, the original rock star:
After 1842, "Lisztomania" swept across Europe. The reception Liszt enjoyed as a result can be described only as hysterical. Women fought over his silk handkerchiefs and velvet gloves, which they ripped to shreds as souvenirs. Helping fuel this atmosphere was the artist's mesmeric personality and stage presence. Many witnesses later testified that Liszt's playing raised the mood of audiences to a level of mystical ecstasy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)