Silly Things You've Seen In Other Metagames

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-226844387
Non-Prankster Sableye. The ability-change mechanics are weird; I could have sworn your new ability kicks in the turn you mega. Also, Blast Burn misses twice (odds of that: 1%), allowing Sableye to get two free Calm Minds. You poor thing.

EDIT:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-226846032
Hyper Voice Blissey. Also, Heal Bell for some reason. Heal Bell with no status? Also, I'm guessing Hyper Voice was its only attack. I know it's STAB, but you have so many options...and so little stat to work with...

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-226846958
What the hell, hax god? Giga Miss, Blizzard Hit...that's seriously screwed up (see above). Wow, the RNG has not been kind to you, has it?
Comments in bold for this and the other set.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-226848807
This guy tried to Encore a Pokémon slower than him. Actually, Lopunny was faster. He tried to Encore on turn one when he was faster. Which is even sillier.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-226849133
Pikachu and Emolga. And no third. Fake Out Pikachu, possibly without a Light Ball.

The stuff you see in 1v1.

And the stuff you see in AG. You have to see this. I'll comment as usual, but this game simply must be experienced.
  • (L) Kyurem-B with Freeze Shock and Giga Impact. Yes, not one, but two two-turn moves! And it's mixed, with Draco on top of those.
  • (R) Gengar with Confuse Ray, Thunderbolt, Hypnosis and Nightmare. The Hypnosis-Nightmare combo is some kind of attempt to emulate Darkrai, I guess, but Thunderbolt hits what? Oh, and Gengar gets Swagger.
  • (R) Flygon switching into Kyurem-B. After it had shown Draco. Said Flygon was special with Fire Blast, which it used, but of course that's only a neutral hit because Ice/Dragon.
  • (L) Kyu-B Draco spamming, allowing Flygon to live two of them and actually put a decent dent into Kyu--with only Fire Blast. No Draco of your own?
  • (R) Mega Blastoise with Hydro Cannon and Protect.
  • (R) Sceptile with Low Kick, which takes down Kyu-B...and actually makes a modicum of sense, although I would question why no Drain Punch. But, alas, it had Hyper Beam.
  • (L) Celebi with Leaf Storm, Double-Edge, and Solar Beam (no sun, natch)...the last of which it used to finish Sceptile. At 5%.
  • (R) Charizard with Dragon Claw, Flamethrower and Fly, which actually got on a roll thanks to L's refusal to switch.
  • (L) Landorus-T with Outrage. What an outrage (geddit). With a freaking Aguav Berry.
  • (L) Rhyperior with Focus Punch (no sub, natch) and Iron Tail.
  • (L) Arceus with Blast Burn, Blizzard, and Draco Meteor. At least this was full-special, and that particular type combination has amazing coverage; only Azumarill resists all three. But it's still stupid.
  • (L) Magnezone with Hyper Beam and Giga Impact.
  • (R) Dragonite with Thunder Wave, which it used on Magnezone.
I can't top that. I just can't. But I can try:
  • (R) Mega Blaziken with Knock Off (good), Hi Jump Kick (good), and Fire Blast (well, it does have 130 SpA).
  • (L) Deoxys-D trying to stack rocks.
  • (L) Chansey trying to Toxic Blaziken when it was already paralyzed.
  • (L) Darkrai trying to Dark Void Blaziken when it was already paralyzed.
  • (L) Aerodactyl with Rock Slide (good), Sky Drop (has its uses, I'm seeing) and Protect.
  • (L) Talonflame with Substitute. That's new.
  • (L) Chansey with Snatch (?), probably anticipating another Rock Polish from (Primal) Groudon, but it didn't work.
  • (L) Latios trying to Thunder Wave Groudon.
  • (R) Groudon using Precipice Blades on Latios.
  • (L) A moment of self-awareness in the chat: ★drewarosa:Well, We both failed there.
  • (L/R) The players' ranks, respectively: 1283 and 1394.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level

And the stuff you see in AG. You have to see this. I'll comment as usual, but this game simply must be experienced.
  • (L) Kyurem-B with Freeze Shock and Giga Impact. Yes, not one, but two two-turn moves! And it's mixed, with Draco on top of those.
  • (R) Gengar with Confuse Ray, Thunderbolt, Hypnosis and Nightmare. The Hypnosis-Nightmare combo is some kind of attempt to emulate Darkrai, I guess, but Thunderbolt hits what? Oh, and Gengar gets Swagger.
  • (R) Flygon switching into Kyurem-B. After it had shown Draco. Said Flygon was special with Fire Blast, which it used, but of course that's only a neutral hit because Ice/Dragon.
  • (L) Kyu-B Draco spamming, allowing Flygon to live two of them and actually put a decent dent into Kyu--with only Fire Blast. No Draco of your own?
  • (R) Sceptile with Low Kick, which takes down Kyu-B...and actually makes a modicum of sense, although I would question why no Drain Punch. But, alas, it had Hyper Beam.
  • (L) Celebi with Leaf Storm, Double-Edge, and Solar Beam (no sun, natch)...the last of which it used to finish Sceptile. At 5%.
  • (R) Charizard with Dragon Claw, Flamethrower and Fly, which actually got on a roll thanks to L's refusal to switch.
  • (L) Landorus-T with Outrage. What an outrage (geddit). With a freaking Aguav Berry.
  • (L) Arceus with Blast Burn, Blizzard, and Draco Meteor. At least this was full-special, and that particular type combination has amazing coverage; only Azumarill resists all three. But it's still stupid.
  • (R) Mega Blaziken with Knock Off (good), Hi Jump Kick (good), and Fire Blast (well, it does have 130 SpA).
  • (L) Aerodactyl with Rock Slide (good), Sky Drop (has its uses, I'm seeing) and Protect.
  • (L) Chansey with Snatch (?), probably anticipating another Rock Polish from (Primal) Groudon, but it didn't work.
  • (L) A moment of self-awareness in the chat: ★drewarosa:Well, We both failed there.
To be fair, SubSetup Talonflame with Sitrus Berry+Acrobatics is actually a decent set,as is parashuffler bulky Dragonite, and Landorus-T was great with Outrage... Last gen during Dragon spam :I Gotta get all da POWAH. When teambuilding, I am reasonably certain that guy went down the list of moves and picked the ones with the most power lmao

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will

Not to mention using Giga Impact and Hyper Beam on Gengar, Protect on the turn Magnezone needs to recharge on, and Blast Burn on a 6% Charizard.

Jesus Christ. What's the point of playing AG if you're going to use OU Teams? I can probably sweep those guys with a semi-decent Team (a.k.a. one that features Mega RayRay, the only Mega you should use in AG).

• (L) Kyurem-B with Freeze Shock and Giga Impact. Yes, not one, but two two-turn moves! And it's mixed, with Draco on top of those.Mixed Kyu-B is not a bad set. Now this version.....My mind is kill.
  • (R) Gengar with Confuse Ray, Thunderbolt, Hypnosis and Nightmare. The Hypnosis-Nightmare combo is some kind of attempt to emulate Darkrai, I guess, but Thunderbolt hits what? Oh, and Gengar gets Swagger. Stop encouraging Swag-Spam. >:(
  • (R) Flygon switching into Kyurem-B. After it had shown Draco. Said Flygon was special with Fire Blast, which it used, but of course that's only a neutral hit because Ice/Dragon. RegenVest anyone?
  • (L) Kyu-B Draco spamming, allowing Flygon to live two of them and actually put a decent dent into Kyu--with only Fire Blast. No Draco of your own? Pardon? No Contrary? No problem!
  • (R) Mega Blastoise with Hydro Cannon and Protect. Both are viable. Hydro Cannon Mega Blastoise needs S+ rank in AG lol.
  • (R) Sceptile with Low Kick, which takes down Kyu-B...and actually makes a modicum of sense, although I would question why no Drain Punch. But, alas, it had Hyper Beam. Lol
  • (L) Celebi with Leaf Storm, Double-Edge, and Solar Beam (no sun, natch)...the last of which it used to finish Sceptile. At 5%. What?
  • (R) Charizard with Dragon Claw, Flamethrower and Fly, which actually got on a roll thanks to L's refusal to switch. Those aren't that bad, except Fly. Even Fly can be good on a gimmicky TFlame set. But on one set, no thank you.
  • (L) Landorus-T with Outrage. What an outrage (geddit). With a freaking Aguav Berry. What?????
  • (L) Rhyperior with Focus Punch (no sub, natch) and Iron Tail. Much skill, very much appreciated.
  • (L) Arceus with Blast Burn, Blizzard, and Draco Meteor. At least this was full-special, and that particular type combination has amazing coverage; only Azumarill resists all three. But it's still stupid. Blast Burn? Blast Burn is illegal on Arceus. Only the fully evolved forms of the fire starters can learn Blast Burn.
  • (L) Magnezone with Hyper Beam and Giga Impact. No comment.
  • (R) Dragonite with Thunder Wave, which it used on Magnezone. Thunder Wave Dragonite, but this is dumb.
  • (R) Mega Blaziken with Knock Off (good), Hi Jump Kick (good), and Fire Blast (well, it does have 130 SpA). U_U
  • (L) Darkrai trying to Dark Void Blaziken when it was already paralyzed. Those three are dumb.
  • (L) Aerodactyl with Rock Slide (good), Sky Drop (has its uses, I'm seeing) and Protect. See my comment on Fly.
  • (L) Talonflame with Substitute. That's new. FINALLY! Defensive TFlame ftw!
  • (L) Chansey with Snatch (?), probably anticipating another Rock Polish from (Primal) Groudon, but it didn't work. Why Snatch? WHY?
  • (R) Groudon using Precipice Blades on Latios. Those two moves are good on other targets.
  • (L) A moment of self-awareness in the chat: ★drewarosa:Well, We both failed there. How Long did it take for them to figure that out?
  • (L/R) The players' ranks, respectively: 1283 and 1394. BH is very much like AG in this way.
MY comments in red.

Random Shit: 50-50 Edition

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-227020973
Perish Song Jigglypuff beats Hidden Power Steel or Poison Milotic.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-227020203
Shedinja doing far more than it deserves to. Especially against a Fire mono.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-227020236
The requisite Dark Void+Nightmare+Dream Eater Darkrai, Palkia using Spacial Rend against Togekiss, Giga Drain Arceus-Fairy, and I don't even want to know what that Aggron and Gliscor were like.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-227022486
I think I found a use for Air Slash Charizard-Y. Specifically, killing Ludicolo and making Gyarados flinch.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-227017906
Giratina gets into a stall war with, of all things, Serperior.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-227022636
A mediocre Ubers team featuring Lustrous Orb Dialga (that's Palkia's orb), Red Orb Groudon, and Deoxys-N.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-227021832
Mind Plate Claydol, Torterra flinching a Clefable to death, Dig Swampert... welcome to low ladder Monotype.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-227022076
Dedenne tries to be clutch against a sun team. Predictably, it doesn't work. Also, what is Bibarel doing on a sun team?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-227020894
A slow Hypnosis RestTalk Darkrai, Ice Fang normal Manectric, and Dragon Pulse Charizard-X (at least it was actually mega).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-227022435
Mono Genesect>mono Darkrai. Especially when one of the Darkrai uses Sludge Bomb.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-227022195
If we see Swirlix in the AG usage stats, we know who to blame.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-227026978
Stealth Rock does not help against mono Sturdinja if you can't kill one of them. Also, that's another OU (plus Vivillon) team in BH.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-227024354
Left side:
-Stunky. Trying to repeatedly Toxic an Aggron.
-Lombre.
-Facade+Dark Pulse Cofagrigus.
-Normal Aerodactyl Toxicing a Gliscor after its Toxic Orb had been knocked off.
-Fire Fang Reshiram using Dragon Pulse on Gardevoir.

Right side:
-Detect Umbreon.
-Sandstorm Gliscor.
-Gardevoir with Draining Kiss waiting quite a while to mega evolve.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-227026431
Blaze Blaziken, Close Combat+Brick Break Heracross, Dazzling Gleam Mega Gallade, all part of a fighting mono in AG. And he won.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-227026274
Dazzling Gleam Pixie Plate Xerneas, Skiddo, Lillipup, and more.

Edit: Two of the replays got completely ninja'd by Dr Ciel up there.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Using Stunky/Cofagrigus/Lombre/Ninetales/Gardevoir/Gliscor/Umbreon/Milotic/Aggron at all in AG, Double Team/Detect/Sucker Punch Umbreon, Facade/Dark Pulse Cofagrigus, using Toxic on Aggron TWICE, Poison Jab/Sandstorm/Brick Break Giscor, Toxic Aerodactyl using Toxic on PH Gliscor, using Poison Jab on Aerodactyl which resists Poison, Facade Aerodactyl, Rain Dance Milotic, Cofagrigus flinchaxing Aggron with Dark Pulse was pretty funny too, Fire Fang Reshiram, using 2 separate Fire moves in Rain, using Dragon Pulse on Gardevoir, Draining Kiss Gardevoir, excuse me, DRAINING KISS MEGA GARDEVOIR, not mega evolving right away, not using Hyper Voice, and both players saying gg at the end--it was not a good game <.<

Give me cookie?

Here's another one.
  • (L) Non-primal Kyogre, but this one at least had a Ludicolo to use the rain. Kyogre had Water Spout (good) and Muddy Water (um, no). Primal Groudon was on that team, however.
  • (R) Somebody wanna tell me how Sandslash is outspeeding Kyogre? Also, Sash rocks lead Sandslash. Not bad, but there are better leads.
  • (L) I'll let Fire Blast slide on Primal Groudon. It does have a wicked SpA to work with.
  • (R) Offensive Klefki with Dazzling Gleam. Base 80, folks. Also had HP super-effective on Blaziken (I'm guessing Water because Numel), but why are you staying in on a Blaziken?
  • (R) Giratina-Orgin with Shadow Force. Still pretty weird to me.
  • (L) Rayquaza with Outrage. It doesn't need it, but it did get rid of Tina.
  • (R) Greninja scores an Ice Beam freeze, allowing it to finish the game.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/anythinggoes-227033632

The usual stuff that shouldn't be used in AG along with tyranitar using EQ instead of crunch, offensive cofagrigus, and toxic stall hypno.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/anythinggoes-227035224
Tri-attack magnezone with thunder wave, lots of hax, and air ballon jellicent.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nimbus-anythinggoes-25336

LC in anything goes and using stuff that is banned from LC in the first place. That and: ★Champion F☯rest:Ice fang freezes often

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/anythinggoes-227033881

Waaayy too much is wrong with this one.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/anythinggoes-227033456
Mono Fairy vs Mono steel. in AG.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/anythinggoes-227039565
The usual bad AG stuff.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/challengecup1vs1-227040557
This is either the unluckiest person ever, or the other guy is just that good. this will probably never happen again.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/monotype-227038049
Bad Psychic mono vs bad Grass mono.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesou-227038876
Not sure if bad gimmick or genius team.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/balancedhackmons-227039313
This is what you get for not preparing for contrary

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen3ou-227036989
I may not be privy to gen 3 competetive, but i'm pretty sure sneasel is not viable there.

really bad mono ice vs really bad mono dark. featuring SUPPORT hoopa-u.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/anythinggoes-227042192
Mono rayquaza vs near-mono darkrai and lots of sleep/miss hax.

Last edited:
There is an Arceus event with BB. Probably the other moves too. I didn't check.
Um, okay. I don't know why GF did something as suicidal as that, but okay.
Using Stunky/Cofagrigus/Lombre/Ninetales/Gardevoir/Gliscor/Umbreon/Milotic/Aggron at all in AG, Double Team/Detect/Sucker Punch Umbreon, Facade/Dark Pulse Cofagrigus, using Toxic on Aggron TWICE, Poison Jab/Sandstorm/Brick Break Giscor, Toxic Aerodactyl using Toxic on PH Gliscor, using Poison Jab on Aerodactyl which resists Poison, Facade Aerodactyl, Rain Dance Milotic, Cofagrigus flinchaxing Aggron with Dark Pulse was pretty funny too, Fire Fang Reshiram, using 2 separate Fire moves in Rain, using Dragon Pulse on Gardevoir, Draining Kiss Gardevoir, excuse me, DRAINING KISS MEGA GARDEVOIR, not mega evolving right away, not using Hyper Voice, and both players saying gg at the end--it was not a good game <.<

Give me cookie?
Replay or didn't happen.
Random Shit: 50-50 Edition

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-227020973
Perish Song Jigglypuff beats Hidden Power Steel or Poison Milotic.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-227020203
Shedinja doing far more than it deserves to. Especially against a Fire mono.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-227020236
The requisite Dark Void+Nightmare+Dream Eater Darkrai, Palkia using Spacial Rend against Togekiss, Giga Drain Arceus-Fairy, and I don't even want to know what that Aggron and Gliscor were like.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-227022486
I think I found a use for Air Slash Charizard-Y. Specifically, killing Ludicolo and making Gyarados flinch.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-227017906
Giratina gets into a stall war with, of all things, Serperior.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-227022636
A mediocre Ubers team featuring Lustrous Orb Dialga (that's Palkia's orb), Red Orb Groudon, and Deoxys-N.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-227021832
Mind Plate Claydol, Torterra flinching a Clefable to death, Dig Swampert... welcome to low ladder Monotype.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-227022076
Dedenne tries to be clutch against a sun team. Predictably, it doesn't work. Also, what is Bibarel doing on a sun team?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-227020894
A slow Hypnosis RestTalk Darkrai, Ice Fang normal Manectric, and Dragon Pulse Charizard-X (at least it was actually mega).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-227022435
Mono Genesect>mono Darkrai. Especially when one of the Darkrai uses Sludge Bomb.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-227022195
If we see Swirlix in the AG usage stats, we know who to blame.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/balancedhackmons-227026978
Stealth Rock does not help against mono Sturdinja if you can't kill one of them. Also, that's another OU (plus Vivillon) team in BH.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-227024354
Left side:
-Stunky. Trying to repeatedly Toxic an Aggron.
-Lombre.
-Facade+Dark Pulse Cofagrigus.
-Normal Aerodactyl Toxicing a Gliscor after its Toxic Orb had been knocked off.
-Fire Fang Reshiram using Dragon Pulse on Gardevoir.

Right side:
-Detect Umbreon.
-Sandstorm Gliscor.
-Gardevoir with Draining Kiss waiting quite a while to mega evolve.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-227026431
Blaze Blaziken, Close Combat+Brick Break Heracross, Dazzling Gleam Mega Gallade, all part of a fighting mono in AG. And he won.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/anythinggoes-227026274
Dazzling Gleam Pixie Plate Xerneas, Skiddo, Lillipup, and more.

Edit: Two of the replays got completely ninja'd by Dr Ciel up there.
I have yet to watch all of these battles, but I'm scared to, for fear of hurting sides...

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Non-primal kyogre in AG. The guy probably selected actual primal kyogre in the teambuilder and gave it a different item since it was named "Kyogre - Primal"

In the replay I had the dude with non-primal Kyogre clearly understood how primals work in the teambuilder, since Groudon was primal. Still, there's zero opportunity cost and the only advantage the non-primals have is that their weathers can be used by teammates.

Anyway:
  • (R) Leafeon? What are you doing here? Four perfectly good OU mons, at least, Ninetales, and then you.
  • (L) Skarmory, outsped by Politoed, only gets up one layer of Spikes before going down. This is why the Custap Lead set exists.
  • (R) Hydreigon with Heat Wave (the improved accuracy of Flamethrower is well worth the 5 BP), which it used in the rain. The rain its own side set. Also had Solar Beam, which it at least used in the sun. And Flash Cannon, which got the drop on Braviary...a Defiant mon.
  • (R) Ninetales on the same team, with Hypnosis.
  • (L) Braviary with Retaliate.
  • (R) Mega Tyranitar...sadly, no Abomasnow or Aurorus. It came in to kill Braviary, which like Staraptor has that annoying tendency to pack a Fighting move (Superpower) and has already picked up a Defiant boost. You can guess what happens next.
  • (L) Braviary, despite being at low health after killing Tyranitar, hangs on after sand damage, allowing it one more shot. Mercifully, the game ends in a forfeit at this point.

Last edited:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Oh boy......here's a doozy of a battle.

- Pachirisu

- Iron Head Tyranitar who later in the battle forgets how levitate works.

- Light Screen / Flame Charge Gourgeist with a Maranga Berry

- Dark Pulse Rotom-W

- Sky Uppercut / Flamethrower Mega Blaziken

That's all I could get from this short battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)