Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flareon named NO MOVES that immediately struggled on the first turn. Guessing Assault Vest.

Everything else about their team was pretty standard, except for the Flareon.
I AM OUTRAGED

I learn Flare Blitz, Superpower, Iron Tail , and even Bite in a pinch, I have the most coverage of the eeveelutions.

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW, JOLTEON
/Humour

On topic, I saw Dragon pulse/dragon claw/dragon rage/hp dragon Dragonite struggling to get past a CM Florges whilst it set up all over it.

On a semi off-topic note, I think that Eevee should have all the elemental fangs (which it gets by level-up in its various evolutions) as Egg Moves. That way, that Leafeon you're fighting could smite your Flying-type switch-in with Thunder Fang or Ice Fang. Water-type comes in on Flareon? Thunder Fang that too. Dragon-type comes in to tank Flareon? Oh, that can eat Ice Fang. That, and they need a Fairy Fang for Sylveon so it could also be added to the list. Think your Fighting-type can deal with their Umbreon? Nope! Fairy Fang.

On-topic: STAB Hidden Power on anything that's not Technician is the ultimate in noobishness. I mean, the only theoretical use for STAB Hidden Power I can see is if you somehow have a Special-based Dark-type with Technician, in which case HP Dark hits harder than both Dark Pulse and Technician Snarl and still lets you run perfect IVs. Snarl might still be a better move, though, thanks to the guaranteed Sp. Atk drop. I imagine there are probably a few other types that could benefit similarly due to lacking a 60 BP Special move. And Dragon is not one of those types, as if you've somehow got a Special-based Technician Dragon then Dragonbreath is better in every way.

^ Speaking of Hidden Power, I once saw a Smeargle with Hidden Power Fire. He said that it lures in and Technician HP Fire 2HKOs Scizor, Genesect and Ferrothorn. I almost thought that was legit, except for the fact that Smeargle can learn V-Create, Searing Shot and the likes if he really wanted those KOs.

^ Speaking of Hidden Power, I once saw a Smeargle with Hidden Power Fire. He said that it lures in and Technician HP Fire 2HKOs Scizor, Genesect and Ferrothorn. I almost thought that was legit, except for the fact that Smeargle can learn V-Create, Searing Shot and the likes if he really wanted those KOs.
Amusingly, max attack Jolly Smeargle still can't 1HKO Scizor with V-Create unless it runs an offensive item, either LO or Band, or outspeed Genesect without a Scarf. Either one can 1HKO back relatively easily.

Jeez, I keep forgetting how godawful Smeargle's base stats are. I imagine that the only offensive Smeargle set that's anything like worth using would be Spore+Lock On+Sheer Cold, if it wasn't for 1HKO Clause.

Actually, Fly is very fun to troll with on Talonflame. Give it an iron ball and Gale Wings gives Fly priority. Then, next turn Fly goes last cuz of the Iron Ball so you're basically immune if you have a dumb opponent.
I just tried this with an iron ball and a lagging tail and it didn't work. Both times fly still went first on the next turn, and neither time did the opponent use a -priority move.

Random Shit volume 27: At Least I Think It's 27 Edition
-Baton Passing +2 Attack... to an Empoleon.
-Chansey with both Wish and Softboiled.
-Rain Dance Ludicolo and Drought Ninetales on the same team. Oh, and Stoutland.
-Avalanche Blissey.
-Non Magic Guard Alakazam. Seriously, people, stop doing that.
-Aerial Ace Aegislash.
-Dual Chop (used against a Scizor)+Dark Pulse Bisharp.
-Klefki (a female one) with Attract. Unfortunately for her, the Ninetales she used it on was not a lesbian.
-Beheeyem.
-Fake Out Sableye. I think there are better users of that move.
-Gyarados using EQ on Thundurus.
-Yeah, I know this is Showderp, but the champ's opponent is just silly. For instance, Air Balloon Talonflame. And a Tynamo. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-86854095
-This one, starring SwagPlay Bisharp: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-86854422
-Air Slash Skarmory.
-Shell Smash+Icicle Spear Cloyster without Skill Link.
-EQ+Eruption Heatran.
-Hyper Beam M-Alakazam.
-Rest+Curse Spiritomb.
-Persian. With Double-Edge.
-Dazzling Gleam M-Gardevoir.
-Swellow.
-Blizzard Kabutops is far from the worst of this one... or is it?: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-86855010
-Mamoswine somehow outspeeding Infernape without a scarf. It also had Freeze-Dry.
-Shadow Ball Honchkrow and Metagross. The Metagross also had Psychic.
-Air Balloon Charizard.
-Apicot Berry Blastoise.
-Outrage Venusaur.
-Flame Charge Infernape. Gotta go fast.
-This one is really strange: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-86852969

Amusingly, max attack Jolly Smeargle still can't 1HKO Scizor with V-Create unless it runs an offensive item, either LO or Band, or outspeed Genesect without a Scarf. Either one can 1HKO back relatively easily.

Jeez, I keep forgetting how godawful Smeargle's base stats are. I imagine that the only offensive Smeargle set that's anything like worth using would be Spore+Lock On+Sheer Cold, if it wasn't for 1HKO Clause.
Either way, the point was that while whatever he did was actually -slightly- justified, but the fact that he picked hidden power over searing shot is just...

I don't have replays to prove it but there have been various occasions of people getting really cocky with one of their mons... And switching it in for it to be OHKO'd, and rage quitting. I even had, at one point, someone claim I hacked showdown (Which i saw Zarel claim is impossible, and I have no reason to do anyway) because my Infiltrator Chandelure, and Hyper Voice, were both getting past his sub.

Funniest though? TWaving Swampert repeatedly claiming he was just having bad luck... Another trying the same thing on a Galvantula. Some of the stuff people have tried to do are far ore than just facepalm worthy.

Then someone dared use the old Endevour, Quick Attack Rattata on me... And wondered why it wasn't hurting Golurk <.<

Not mine, but

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-86416885

how long is choice scarf
I couldn't figure out what you meant by the quote at first - oh my god I almost cracked up in the middle of a silent library (yay for self control).

Stuff I found looking through recent replays:
-DD Gyarados spamming Return
-Magnet Rise Jolteon
-Mud Bomb Politoed
-Pelipper and Floatzel (didn't get to see the sets)
-While I've seen people get upset about Focus Blast missing, I've never seen someone get upset over it NOT missing.
-Aerial Ace Ninjask (which actually managed to do about 60% to a Mega Heracross
-Rotom-W using Shadow Ball on Hippowdon
-Rowap Berry Bronzong (I don't even know what that is)
-Future Sight Xatu
-CM Swoobat without Simple
-Classic Red team in which Pikachu used first Thunderbolt, then Volt tackle against a Landorus-T as it set up two SDs
-Said Landorus-T went on to hit six stone edges in a row as he swept the team (not only is that unfairly lucky, why the hell didn't it have EQ?)

It's depressingly easy to find this stuff.

Attempt at using Focus Punch against my Golurk. Didn't even use Sub or Spore! What is wrong with people these days?

Do you not know what choice scarf is...

gosh i dislike people who cant see the truuly potencial on a choice scarf's Sword dancers

edit: a mouse holding a ballon? that bullshit you hacker
edit2: nevermind i just saw is a red ballon so..
While I'll admit the choice items are good... I just prefer to use other items over them. Keeps my options far more open than with the choice items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)