Lucario@Choice Specs
252Satk / 252Spe
Modest Nature
Ability: Steadfast
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- HP Fire / Vacuum Wave

This set could seem good, but it absolutely lacks power: It isn't even capable of OHKO the almighty Lv.1 Gastly of all things with Aura Sphere, and it's fucked over by this great Scolipede, with Flash Cannon leaving you bait for Aegislash if you can kill him.
Moreover, it is blown away by a gust of wind, and it has a speed just sitting high enough for not being slow and a little low to be fast.

INSTEAD

Machamp@Choice Specs
252HP / 252 Satk
Modest Nature
Ability: No Guard
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Dark / Hidden Power Electric
- Vacuum Wave / Round

This set is great: Working off machamp's expansive Special Movepool, and backed up by a massive 65 SAtk, Machamp has all it needs: The power of unmissing Focus Blast is so great that it 2HKOs Blissey with a manageable SR + 3 Spikes Layers!
And, last but NOT least, he manages to OHKO Aegislash-Blade with Fire Blast!
Also, it packs priority, capable of picking off threats like Weavile, or maybe a strong Round to kill these Ninjask and Azumarill in a pinch without wasting Focus Blast's PP
provided they are level 50
So, we will se we later!

Special Talonflame with Roost, Fire Blast, HP Ground, and unknown 4th move. Wasn't on the lower ladder so I'm not sure if the guy was going for a surprise factor or what.

I will start this project with an offstat team compounded of:
Specs Machamp
Curse Resttalk Sylveon
Nasty Plot Mandibuzz
Special Excadrill
Calm Mind Cinccino
Belly Drum Smeargle without BP

Objective: Stay down in ladder and keep note of everything strange

Last edited:
Specs Machamp
Curse Resttalk Sylveon
Nasty Plot Mandibuzz
Physical Empoleon
Special Dragonite
Swords Dance Jumpluff

Swords Dance Jumpluff, Special Dragonite, and Physical Empoleon are actually viable.

'Viable' doesn't mean 'good' :/
Special Dragonite sounds like a lure for physical walls. I used it in Gen III, but that's because I was on a special attacker binge. Explains my Rayquaza too.

Physical Empoleon is because of Trollfreak giving it Defiant for some stupid reason. And it has Swords Dance for some reason too. At least it has Aqua Jet...

Kangaskhan with Bite, Power-Up Punch, Return and Drain Punch, surprisingly it was somewhat effective regaining a good amount of HP with DPunch, but I don't understand the meaning of Bite there.

Specs Machamp
Curse Resttalk Sylveon
Nasty Plot Mandibuzz
Special Excadrill
Calm Mind Cinccino
Belly Drum Smeargle without BP

It's too hard, I dare you to succeced. You can go for a team with 1 Shedinja with Final Gambit/Sandstorm and still won't be able to stay on 1000s

I suggest this set for your team:

Ferrothorn @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Anticipation
EVs 252 Sp Atk/ 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Thunder Wave
-Gyro Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Solarbeam

It's too hard, I dare you to succeced. You can go for a team with 1 Shedinja with Final Gambit/Sandstorm and still won't be able to stay on 1000s

I suggest this set for your team:

Ferrothorn @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Anticipation
EVs 252 Sp Atk/ 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Thunder Wave
-Gyro Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Solarbeam
Ferrothorn learns Thunderbolt? I didn't know that. That will teach Charizard not to switch in to it.

Hax. Lots of hax.
Missing 3 or 4 Toxics out of 10 used
NOT getting a Special Defense drop in 15 Shadow Balls (about 20% chance)
and, finally, +2 Mega Gyarados flinching Skarmory with Waterfall, allowing it to kill without being Whirlwinded out. This allowed it to sweep.
Funny, my friend recently got the first special defense drop off of shadow ball in his life...and it was on a malamar.

ok so I try out the random doubles for the first time against a friend. I GET THE WORST TEAM EVER.
my team.
regirock
simisage
LUVDISC
DUNSPARCE
mega aggron (with rocks and twave, which regirock already had)
donphan

his team:
suicune
zygarde
cressilia
klingklang
terrakion
dragonite

apparently random doubles hates me so bad that including the mostly crummy team I also got the crummy sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)