Other Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder: V2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure the combination of Intimidate, Will-o-wisp, and Morning Sun make Arcanine usable defensively, even in OU. Especially since it can use its decent Attack stat with Flare Blitz to deal with squishier wallbreaker types, and heal back with Morning Sun. Rocky Helmet is silly, though, as is trying to go mixed.

Also, uh, Energy Ball isn't particularly silly on any special attacker right now, since Rotom-W is everywhere.

Pretty sure the combination of Intimidate, Will-o-wisp, and Morning Sun make Arcanine usable defensively, even in OU. Especially since it can use its decent Attack stat with Flare Blitz to deal with squishier wallbreaker types, and heal back with Morning Sun. Rocky Helmet is silly, though, as is trying to go mixed.

Also, uh, Energy Ball isn't particularly silly on any special attacker right now, since Rotom-W is everywhere.
It is silly on Ninetales, because Solarbeam and Drought.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Good news, everyone! Murrow is shit!

*Slaps PlatypusPrincess*

One of the Mentors told me to do that. Subject18 also shut down the conversation about it, so if that doesn't convince you I don't know what will.

Last edited:
Because you could be using it on an opponent whose base attack is even higher than Mawile's pre-Huge Power boost, which then still gets the Huge Attack boost. The result is an attack that is even higher than 678.

This allows you to build a defensive M-Mawile and then use it on physical threats.

I don't use it myself, but it's perfectly legitimate. It's certainly not "silly".
Guys god damnit why's everyone bashing kabbes for calling the FP mawile set legit?
Lets conveniently forget that mawile has one of the best defensive typings shared with klefki to begin with and a pretty nice bulk amirite
50/110/95 (I think, not sure) is pretty decent for a support set, and it's much better than some support mons such as klefki and sableye (even though their primary use is due to priority status)
plus it's got a sky high attack, yes, an ACTUAL OFFENSIVE PRESENCE for a support mon So does slowbro and donphan but they suck right guys
Because everyone and their mom thinks mawile's gonna go SD+play rough, it can influence play which can really help

Well, it's not the best option, but that certainly doesn't make it stupid.
this is why the rest of the internet thinks we're elistist douchebags

Blizzard Milotic
Fire Pledge Infernape

Both were used against my Rotom-H. Admittingly, my Rotom-H was KO'd by the Infernape...but it only had like 5% health left

Also, the Milotic had Dragon Tail. Is that really a thing for Milotic? I honestly don't know

Milotic used Dragon Tail to phaze opponents since it doesn't have Roar. It's a set commonly seen in UU during BW/BW2
Fair enough. I guess it REALLY just hated my Politoed since the first move of the game was to use Dragon Tail against my Specially Defensive Politoed. I still managed to Toxic it first though

GreeGree joined.
I'm Vladimir Putin joined.
Format:
OU
Rated battle

Baton Pass Clause: Limit 3 pokemon knowing Baton Pass
Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokemon
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
HP Percentage Mod: HP is reported as percentages
I'm Vladimir Putin's team:Deoxys-Speed / Scolipede / Espeon / Togekiss / Sylveon / Gardevoir
GreeGree's team:Cacturne / Mienshao / Ambipom / Banette / Persian / Gengar
ihateyourpancreas joined.
Battle between GreeGree and I'm Vladimir Putin started!

GreeGree sent out Cacturne!

Go! Deoxys-Speed!
Deoxys-Speed is exerting its pressure!
Turn 1

The opposing Cacturne used Sucker Punch!
But it failed!

Deoxys-Speed used Reflect!
Reflect raised your team's Defense!
Turn 2

But it failed!

Deoxys-Speed used Light Screen!
Light Screen raised your team's Special Defense!
Turn 3

Deoxys-Speed, come back!

Go! Scolipede!

But it failed!
Turn 4

GreeGree forfeited.

I'm Vladimir Putin won the battle!
Ladder updating...
GreeGree left.

HE SPAMMED SUCKER PUNCH AGAINST A BATON PASS TEAM

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
How about on Bellossom, or Vileplume, or Meganium, or Ledian, or...

There's a ton of just random ass Pokemon that get Swords Dance. Also, Darkrai gets Swords Dance? I think I know my next Semi-Cereal Ubers Troll Team.
The worst part is Darkrai has a pretty good physical movepool to abuse :/

AwesomeFennekin

Banned deucer.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-113703169

Shuckle on Uber
Aerodactyl on Uber
Said Aerodactyl killing 3 mons
Quick claw Greninja (you know, gotta go fast)
Double team Curse Umbreon
Mixed Jirachi w/ dazzling gleam
Said Umbreon killing jirachi
Knock Off Darkrai

On other battle i saw a Swampert outspeed Zar-Y

EDIT: fixed link (i was sure i got the right link)
Mixed Jirachi is actually pretty viable. While Dazzling Gleam IS a little gimmicky, it's used to hit Dark types. I use Expert belt on it, but Life Orb is usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)