Simisage Physical Attacker

Looked at the Simisage thread and it doesn't have any physical sets even though it has decent attack and great speed and a really good physical movepool. It really has some great points and with some testing I think this could probably be split into more unique sets, it really does have a wonderful movepool, but alas, such is what happens in a new metagame and that is what this section is for. Anyway, on to the set.

[SET]
move 1: Seed Bomb
move 2: Crunch
move 3: Rock Slide
move 4: Low Kick / Brick Break / Toxic
item: Life Orb / Choice Scarf / Choice Band
ability: Gluttony
nature: Jolly / Adamant
evs: 252 Att / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

- Fast and still hits hard
- Moves provide great coverage together. The only thing not hit neutrally is lol Croagunk.
- Seeb Bomb is strongest physical stab and has pretty good coverage in the tier.
- Crunch deals good damage to Missy and the very common psychic types in the tier.
- Rock Slide is the strongest attack against the fliers and bugs in their of which there are many.
- Fighting attacks let it break down the bulky normals that are common in the tier and to hit the steels.
- Toxic is a great help for breaking down tangela and quagsire switchins.

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

- EVs are pretty standard. Outspeeds base 90s with Adamant but like Jolly to outspeed Jynx.
- Is a great way to lay hits on the enemy team's rock or steel type poke.
- Better speed than other grasses except for Serp and Pluff who both hit much weaker.
- Has great difficulties beating physical walls such as tangela and weezing.
- Magmortar and SubCM Mesprit make goos teammates as they both set up on it's counters.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hmmm. At first, I saw this set and thought "this is straight up outclassed" due to my work with Simipour, but upon closer inspection there's some aspects of it which hold up really well. Simisage actively lures in Ice types like Cryogonal and Jynx most of the time, and the ability to OHKO them with Rock Slide is useful. Low Kick also seems pretty good since it can still hit stuff like Probopass without the chance of missing that Focus Blast entails. And as you said, Crunch is pretty good at dealing with Misdreavus, as they probably won't try to Burn you at first and you might be able to go for the KO. Seed Bomb on the other hand is pretty much inferior to Grass Knot, Energy Ball or Leaf Storm since its targets are mostly physically defensive, like Regirock and Alomomola. If I were to run this set, I'd do something like...

move 1: Leaf Storm
move 2: Crunch
move 3: Rock Slide
move 4: Low Kick
item: Life Orb
ability: Gluttony
nature: Naive
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

This means you can still hit opponents hella hard with a STAB LO Leaf Storm, and you can stay in afterwards when they expect you to switch thanks to all of your physical options. I'd get rid of Brick Break and Toxic from the slashes and put them in AC as, realistically, not very many people will use them. I'd also just keep to using a Life Orb on this set, as it provides power to both your physical offense and Leaf Storm, and a Choiced physical Simisage is ridiculously easy to switch into most of the time.

I haven't tested it, but it seems like a good idea. Perhaps you could give it a try?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)