Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 39 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Who in Shalour City do I talk to for the Footprint Ribbon? I'm assuming my pokemon has max happiness since the person in Laverre City now responds to me with "It's amazingly friendly toward you! It must be so happy spending every day with you!"
Second building west of the PKMN center.

LF a Knock Off tutored flawless IV Adamant Ralts/Kirlia/Gallade in any non-pokeball ball. Alternatively, looking for a female Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir in a unique ball (Abilities don't matter for ANY of these), and looking for opinions on a Gallade moveset (Don't post here if you wanna give advice for the moveset, just VM me).

Lastly, looking for offers this total hottie.

Female / Bulletproof
31/31/31/x/31/31
Also, how viable is Choice Scarf Gallade with full speed IVs?

It could be my personal taste but I prefer versatility with a life orb or if you are going to use him use a choice band, hes a very go hard or go home pokemon.
I'm already using a Life Orb on my team, so I'll probably go with Choice Band or Assault Vest then.

should be studying for calc finals, but
back with another moveset // EV training question ! * O *
this time, it's a modest samurott, 5ivs in everything but attack;
i already EV trained her in special attack, and now i'm torn between either
putting it into hp or putting half and half into the defenses ~
I feel as though investing speed in a samurott won't be too viable, so that's out ~

also, what moveset should I run for her?
I was thinking the hydro pump & blizzard combo plus wide lens,
or just surf/scald and ice beam (for the good accuracy),
but i'm completely lost on the what to have for the last two moves...
i regret not trying to go for adamant nature or breeding for modest air slash ; m ;

I feel as though investing speed in a samurott won't be too viable, so that's out ~

i regret not trying to go for adamant nature or breeding for modest air slash ; m ;
EVs: 252 SpA/4 Def/252 Spe
I prefer the SD set over the Special set, but if you want to run special, go Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, HP Grass, Megahorn.

I prefer the SD set over the Special set, but if you want to run special, go Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, HP Grass, Megahorn.
yeah, but she's modest nature, so wouldn't it be a waste to invest in physical attack ? ; A ;
also, she doesn't have HP Grass, it think it's dragon or something ~

yeah, but she's modest nature, so wouldn't it be a waste to invest in physical attack ? ; A ;
also, she doesn't have HP Grass, it think it's dragon or something ~
Attack doesn't get any EVs. You could run Taunt over Megahorn, but Samurott is slow. Her special movepool is pretty bad too. I guess you could go Grass Knot over HP Grass.

I'm still looking for a legit Mew with near perfect 31 Ivs. I have lots to offer. I have been playing since the 90s and I've never owned a Mew so this would be kind of a big deal to me to find one

Nein, nein.
Modest with no Attack shouldn't be running Megahorn. That's not doing much to... Psychic types. :P

Samurott has nice mixed offenses, but for this one, I would say a spread of 228 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 28 Speed.
Speed breaks ties in the common 70 tier (Toed, Hitmontop, Metagross, among others), HP minimizes Burn / Poison damage, and Sp. Atk is obvious. An Assault Vest could work; as could Specs.
Scald / Ice Beam or Blizzard / Grass Knot / Hydro Pump works with what we have. Taunt and Encore are nice but that means no Assault Vest and its a tad slow for both :P
You could Aqua Jet just to pick off annoying Sash / Sturdy mons as well. Never used Samurott so I don't know what else to say tbh.

I'm already using a Life Orb on my team, so I'll probably go with Choice Band or Assault Vest then.
Never used Gallade either :P
Gardevoir runs an effective Scarf set, I don't see why Gallade can't. Assault Vest could be funny with that beefy Sp. Def as well.
imo its slow for sweepy Band and squishy for a tanky Band.

Nein, nein.
Modest with no Attack shouldn't be running Megahorn. That's not doing much to... Psychic types. :P

Samurott has nice mixed offenses, but for this one, I would say a spread of 228 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 28 Speed.
Speed breaks ties in the common 70 tier (Toed, Hitmontop, Metagross, among others), HP minimizes Burn / Poison damage, and Sp. Atk is obvious. An Assault Vest could work; as could Specs.
Scald / Ice Beam or Blizzard / Grass Knot / Hydro Pump works with what we have. Taunt and Encore are nice but that means no Assault Vest and its a tad slow for both :P
You could Aqua Jet just to pick off annoying Sash / Sturdy mons as well. Never used Samurott so I don't know what else to say tbh.

Never used Gallade either :P
Gardevoir runs an effective Scarf set, I don't see why Gallade can't. Assault Vest could be funny with that beefy Sp. Def as well.
imo its slow for sweepy Band and squishy for a tanky Band.
Samurott doesn't really have an effective Special Movepool. Hydro Pump/Surf, Ice Beam, Grass Knot are musts, and HP Fire would be the next slot, but HP Dragon won't work. I guess Aqua Jet works, but it won't be hitting that hard.

Attack doesn't get any EVs. You could run Taunt over Megahorn, but Samurott is slow. Her special movepool is pretty bad too. I guess you could go Grass Knot over HP Grass.
Yeah, but I meant that because her special attack is high, wouldn't it be better to have another special attack instead of megahorn ? But yes, can't believe I forgot grass knot, thanks ! * U *
and yep, Samurott's are kinda slow, which is why I don't want to EV train her in speed -I was thinking about putting it into defense/special defense instead, so she'll be able to take attacks from those quicker than her * U *

Nein, nein.

Got it, thanks ! * U *
I like the idea of assault vest + aqua jet, and the EV spread makes sense to me ~

Thanks to the both of you for your help ! * U *

edit:
Samurott doesn't really have an effective Special Movepool. Hydro Pump/Surf, Ice Beam, Grass Knot are musts, and HP Fire would be the next slot, but HP Dragon won't work.
lol yeah, HP dragon is useless when she can learn ice beam instead XD
i really regret not breeding for air slash >__<

Yeah, but I meant that because her special attack is high, wouldn't it be better to have another special attack instead of megahorn ? But yes, can't believe I forgot grass knot, thanks ! * U *
and yep, Samurott's are kinda slow, which is why I don't want to EV train her in speed -I was thinking about putting it into defense/special defense instead, so she'll be able to take attacks from those quicker than her * U *

Got it, thanks ! * U *
I like the idea of assault vest + aqua jet, and the EV spread makes sense to me ~

Thanks to the both of you for your help ! * U *

edit:

lol yeah, HP dragon is useless when she can learn ice beam instead XD
i really regret not breeding for air slash >__<
Air Slash won't help though. Ice Beam is stronger and covers grass.

What are some standard Salamence's sets in VGC and what is the most viable of them all? I'm testing a couple of Salamence sets but I feel like they are still lacking.
So far I know of the mixmence set, Choice Scarf Set and Choice Specs sets. Choice Scarf and Choice Specs usually consist of the following:

Salamence/Timid/Intimidate
252 Sp Atk 252 Speed 4 HP
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor
Fireblast
Hydro Pump
Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Specs.

Anyone have any new ideas for Salamence sets and EV spreads because I can't think of any other creative and viable way to use him.

I'm still looking for a legit Mew with near perfect 31 Ivs. I have lots to offer. I have been playing since the 90s and I've never owned a Mew so this would be kind of a big deal to me to find one
I don't have a perfect 31 IVs one, but I've got a Mystery Mew(from the Event in Hoenn) if you're interested.

What are some standard Salamence's sets in VGC and what is the most viable of them all? I'm testing a couple of Salamence sets but I feel like they are still lacking.
So far I know of the mixmence set, Choice Scarf Set and Choice Specs sets. Choice Scarf and Choice Specs usually consist of the following:

Salamence/Timid/Intimidate
252 Sp Atk 252 Speed 4 HP
Dragon Pulse
Draco Meteor
Fireblast
Hydro Pump
Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Specs.

Anyone have any new ideas for Salamence sets and EV spreads because I can't think of any other creative and viable way to use him.
Here's info straight from PGL for the May International Masters division:
71.0% used Scarf, 9.9% used Life Orb, 4.8% choice Specs, 3.2% Haban Berry
52.0% Timid, 32.9% Modest, 6.0% Naive, 2.6% Adamant
91.6% used Draco Meteor. 70.6% Fire Blast, 54.4% Dragon Pulse, 38.1% Hydro Pump

And believe me, I saw more than a few and ALL were scarfed.
Some would run Stone Edge / Rock Slide as a Charizard-Y counter but that's about it. The massive intimidate / WoW spamming nowadays leaves physical sets fucked more often than not. PLus Kalos born Mence lacks Outrage,Dragon Claw sucks, and only I am stupid enough to use Dragon Rush.

MixMence is hard to breed without Time Machine method stuff, though I do have a few hexflawless females (of non-mixed natures of course. LOL) that were bred without it.

Looking for a Lileep/Cradily with stealth rock. It's for breeding so it doesn't need to be anything special, just that. I have a variety of 5IV babies so pm me and I'm sure we can work something out lol

Biggest giveaway ( i'll probably will never do this again, ever lol) :

So, to celebrate my 1 month of having a powersave and getting 20 self-bred shiny on my own. I am hosting a giveaway.

The winner will get 9 credits ( which is equivalent to 3 self bred shiny in my thread, yes i said 3 ) . It's my pokemon i can do what i want with it
I might raise up the prize because is is terribly hard
This event will end Sunday night gmt -8 .
Rule ( Must read them all ) .
1/ You have to get all the answer correct, not 4 out of 7 or 5 out of 7 you know . All correct
2/ There can be multiple winners
3/ I will announce them around 9 pm gmt -8
4/ 1 answer only, so think twice before posting it
5/ Post on my profile .

How to play:
I will give you the hint of the pokemon , and you tell me what pokemon it is . I won't tell you if they are in generation though :p
You have to get all of them to be able to win .
I typed up my answer in a notepad, so if you can hack into my computer you'll know the answer :)
You have to think about it, remember 1 entry only, no delete. If you delete i will disqualify you 718 pokemons, 6 possible answers lol.
DO NOT RUSH through it, this will go on until Sunday, so take your time

One last thing, this pokemon represents something in the hint that i am given, or animated objects you know :)
Question 1 :
This pokemon appears in a movie ( name the movie :D )
Question 2 :
This pokemon appears in a movie ( name the movie too :D)
Question 3 :
Question 4 :
Quesiton 5 :
This pokemon appears in an anime ( name the anime :D )
Question 6 :
This pokemon appears in an anime ( name the anime :D )

Have fun and good luck , i am crazy i know :) .
Okay since no one knows how to play this , i am going to give an example
Think about it, 6 questions = 6 generation ....
Let's say you guess Tyranitar right ? What is Tyranitar represents ? Kinda like Godzilla right ?
Then it would be Tyranitar appears in the movie Godzilla . Bam Easy stuff .....
If it isn't easy i would not give away 12 credits or 3 of my self-bred shinies guys and girls .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)