Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 46 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which four of these egg moves should I breed on a Shuppet?
Phantom Force and Shadow Sneak are level-up moves anyway and for some reason it can't learn Gunk Shot from the ORAS move tutor.

Astonish, Confuse Ray, Destiny Bond, Disable, Foresight, Gunk Shot, Imprison, Ominous Wind, Phantom Force, Pursuit, Shadow Sneak

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Phantom Force and Shadow Sneak are level-up moves anyway and for some reason it can't learn Gunk Shot from the ORAS move tutor.

Astonish, Confuse Ray, Destiny Bond, Disable, Foresight, Gunk Shot, Imprison, Ominous Wind, Phantom Force, Pursuit, Shadow Sneak
Confuse Ray, Destiny Bond, Disable and Gunk Shot are the best ones IMO. Imprison could work instead of Gunk Shot too.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I would go: Destiny Bond, Disable, Gunk Shot and Imprison. If you're gonna use a confusion strategy you may as well just use Swagger (TM). Astonish, Foresight and Ominous Wind are all useless, Pursuit is ok but still a bit weak without STAB. Disable / Imprison are fun to use with Prankster, and Destiny Bond + Gunk Shot are the mandatory ones imo

How can I view the usage stats for Rotom-H/F/C/S on the Global Link website? All I can find is statistics for Rotom-W and regular Rotom.

Nevermind, I found them on my own. Kel9800 is right.

Will a pokemon with perfect nature but with 5iv and its highest stat is Defense, will the pokemon receive perfect stats but one of them would be lower than usual at lvl 100 ?

Not sure if I understood your question, but certain nature(s) boost one stat and lower the other regardless of what level the pokemon is. For example, an "adamant" natured pokemon would always have a boosted attack stat and a lowered special attack stat regardless of level.
I mean like
Not sure if I understood your question, but certain nature(s) boost one stat and lower the other regardless of what level the pokemon is. For example, an "adamant" natured pokemon would always have a boosted attack stat and a lowered special attack stat regardless of its level.
This is for an example, If a pokemon nature is adamant and its lvl.1 6IVs are:
Att=7
SpAtt=5
def=6
Spdef=6
Speed=7
it's lvl.100 stats are
Att=456
Spatt=234
def=302
Speed=456
---------------
but then I bred a 5iv one and stats came out like this:
Att=7
Spatt=4
Def=7
Spdef=6
Speed=7
would the attack of still pokemon have a base attack of 456? but it's defense is lower.

I mean like
This is for an example, If a pokemon nature is adamant and its lvl.1 6IVs are:
Att=7
SpAtt=5
def=6
Spdef=6
Speed=7
it's lvl.100 stats are
Att=456
Spatt=234
def=302
Speed=456
---------------
but then I bred a 5iv one and stats came out like this:
Att=7
Spatt=4
Def=7
Spdef=6
Speed=7
would the attack of still pokemon have a base attack of 456? but it's defense is lower.
Its impossible to tell at level 1 with the stats themselves. you still need to know the ivs. For instance: the one you called 6iv clearly isn't since it's defense isn't as high as it could be.

Check it with the iv judge (in either kiloude or battle resort depending on what game you're playing)

If the judge doesn't tell you the stat is perfect(is anything other than 31), it can never and will never be it's max at lvl 100

Will a pokemon with perfect nature but with 5iv and its highest stat is Defense, will the pokemon receive perfect stats but one of them would be lower than usual at lvl 100 ?
If it's best stat is just Defense, (and '...can't be beat!') then it's not 5IV. Every IV point off from 31 is one less point it will have at level 100 for that stat. Stat points could mean anything, so you need to speak with the IV judge (and likely also check with the Hidden Power checker and the Battle Institute) and THEN input the stats and HP type into an IV calculator. Serebii has one on their site, but others here seem to be fond of metalkid's IV calculator. Either should work.

I have a question: does the effects of the lansat berry can be compared with the effects of a single focus energy ?

I mean, if I run a critdra, can I replace the move focus energy with substitute holding the lansat berry?

Its impossible to tell at level 1 with the stats themselves. you still need to know the ivs. For instance: the one you called 6iv clearly isn't since it's defense isn't as high as it could be.

Check it with the iv judge (in either kiloude or battle resort depending on what game you're playing)

If the judge doesn't tell you the stat is perfect(is anything other than 31), it can never and will never be it's max at lvl 100
But
Each stat is independent of the other, so yes, the attack stat would still be 456 regardless of what the defense stat is.
What if it was bred like this:
Att=7
Spatt=4
Def=6
Spdef=6
Speed=7

But

What if it was bred like this:
Att=7
Spatt=4
Def=6
Spdef=6
Speed=7
Stats at level 1 do not matter. Go to Kiloude city in XY or battle resort in ORAS and ask the psychic trainer ( XY) or the Ace trainer near the map (ORAS) in the pokemon center to check the iv. If all the ivs are 31 then it will get maxed out ( not accounted for 252 evs) .

Stats at level 1 do not matter. Go to Kiloude city in XY or battle resort in ORAS and ask the psychic trainer ( XY) or the Ace trainer near the map (ORAS) in the pokemon center to check the iv. If all the ivs are 31 then it will get maxed out ( not accounted for 252 evs) .
How do I know if it's maxed out what will he say?

He's says this to me: "The Pokemon has relatively superior potential overall. That's how I judge it, anyway. Stats like those... They simply can't be beat! That's how I judge it. He says nothing bad about the stats

Moderator edit: Don't double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question: does the effects of the lansat berry can be compared with the effects of a single focus energy ?

I mean, if I run a critdra, can I replace the move focus energy with substitute holding the lansat berry?
Yup, they (Lansat and Focus Energy) both give you +2 raise for a chance to crit. FWIW, you can't stack them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)