Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 46 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks and yeah the Iv judge helps me a lot. One more question if the Iv judge says that all my stats are "superior" and "good" But he says that my spatt are sucky, will my flygon' attack still reach its maximum?
Your Flygon's attack will only reach maximum if it's IV is a perfect 31. Other IV values have no effect on each other. I swear there are guides explaining the basics of IVs...

Edit: Found it. I STRONGLY suggest you read this http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/breeding_guide_part1 that explains the basics of IVs and has all the answers you're looking for. If you still don't understand... I'm afraid there may be no help for you. T.T

Last edited:

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ok thanks and yeah the Iv judge helps me a lot. One more question if the Iv judge says that all my stats are "superior" and "good" But he says that my spatt are sucky, will my flygon' attack still reach its maximum?
You keep asking the same questions over and over with very little variation.

Use this: http://www.metalkid.info/pokemon/calculators/iv.aspx

Use local wifi to battle yourself if you have a second 3DS, use PSS to battle a friend if you don't. Set rules to flat Lv. 50 and check the stats that way

or

use Battle Institute Mauville City (ORAS) or Lumoise City (X/Y) to achieve the same thing.

Note with the judge says about IV's fill those in. Nothing will reach maximum without 31 IV's, nothing will reach an absolute maximum without 31 IV's and 252 EV's.

Edit: English is hard.

Last edited:
I have a simple VGC question for y'all:

If my Amoongus for instance, uses Rage Powder, and the opposing pokemon uses Hyper Voice or Rock Slide, would that sort of attack still hit both pokemon? Or would it all get re-directed to Amoongus, ignoring the team-mate?

If my Amoongus for instance, uses Rage Powder, and the opposing pokemon uses Hyper Voice or Rock Slide, would that sort of attack still hit both pokemon? Or would it all get re-directed to Amoongus, ignoring the team-mate?
They still hit both opponents. Rage Powder is like Follow Me, which only really works for single target attacks. Afaik anyway. =P

LF: flawless ORAS Thundurus/Tornadus/Impish Landorus

FT: Bold ORAS Cresselia 31/x/31/31/31/31, Bold ORAS Suicune 30/x/31/31/31/31, shinies on my thread

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Hey guys, I've been breeding Bastiodon with a Sassy (+SpD,-Spe) nature, in order to make Metal Burst go last. I've checked the speed tiers, and noticed that IVs don't let it underspeed anything relevant anymore, except perhaps Trick Room Pokemon. Would it be advisable to breed any specific Spe IVs just for the optics? Or should I focus on SpA in case anyone would want to run special attacks on him lol.

Hey guys, I've been breeding Bastiodon with a Sassy (+SpD,-Spe) nature, in order to make Metal Burst go last. I've checked the speed tiers, and noticed that IVs don't let it underspeed anything relevant anymore, except perhaps Trick Room Pokemon. Would it be advisable to breed any specific Spe IVs just for the optics? Or should I focus on SpA in case anyone would want to run special attacks on him lol.
Go for 31.31.31.x.31.0, or 31.31.31.0.31.0 for style points. I don't think anyone runs special attacks on this guy. :)

I think it's fair to say that, since Bastidon's base SpA is lower than base Atk, it'll be unlikely that anyone runs a special attacking variant. In fact, Bastidon has a great special attack move-pool, but a 47 base stat and the lack of an ability such as Sheer Force makes this a discouraged option for Bastidon. I'd be surprised if anyone runs more than one attacking move at all.

Therefore you can go 31/31/31/x/31/0 for the ultimate slow pokemon, or if you want to leave that SpA option open, 31/31/31/31/31/x since speed doesn't really matter

EDIT: ninja'd by Vanadinite lol

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Hmm, the reason why I asked is because the low speed IVs essentially look useless or even counterproductive in the case of underspeeding Trick Room Attackers such as Beheeyem. I know this is all very situational, by I might as well breed for the most useful spread :P

Hmm, the reason why I asked is because the low speed IVs essentially look useless or even counterproductive in the case of underspeeding Trick Room Attackers such as Beheeyem. I know this is all very situational, by I might as well breed for the most useful spread :P
I doubt you'll be using Bastidon in a competetive battle other than to set up hazards and toxic stall. Therefore, it's irrelevant whether you outspeed pokemon in or out of a Trick Room. Literally I couldn't think of any reason to desire a specific speed on Bastidon. You should feel free to choose between 31, 0 or X (wildcard) on the speed stat and either way it would benefit Bastidon the same. The only relevant factor is possibly aesthetics.

I have a question about time machine method breeding.
If I have managed to figure out what IVs get transefered down from the parents, can I like SR for the last one if I want a 6IV mon or mixed TR?
Since nobody seems to have answered you yet:

That's not how the TMBM works. If you get a m.m.m.m.m.31 spread, for example, when you SR, you'll get a completely different spread. You use the TMBM to find out what your next spread is going to be and to put in parents as appropriate so you get offspring with the IVs you want. If you keep SRing until you get a 31.m.f.f.m.m spread, then what you need to do is put in a male parent (or, more probably, a Ditto) with at least xx.31.xx.xx.31.31 and a female parent with at least xx.xx.31.31.xx.xx, and your offspring will be 31.31.31.31.31.31.

Awesome, thanks. My code is 0345-0111-2687
Ok I'll add ASAP but remember in order to get the ditto we must be online at same time, and both of us we need to beat the game. (Elite four)

Edit. You should be able to get the ditto now...

Last edited:
I think for wild double battles, it's the fastest Pokemon of both sides that determine whether you can run. I could be wrong though. For horde battles, it's probably the fastest of the five wild Pokemon vs. yours, though as the opponents' levels are half of what's normal in the area, it's rarely a concern.

If your Pokemon faints against a wild one, the fainted Pokemon's Speed is still used to determine if you can get away. I'm guessing this is the case, given how if your Pokemon was outsped and beaten by a Golbat you're still not likely escaping.

Honestly though, this sort of question is better off asked in the simple questions thread in the Orange Islands sub-forum.
All right, thank you very much! I had assumed it would probably be the fastest from each side, but it's quite hard to work out whether that's correct. Using the fainted Pokémon's speed makes a lot of sense too. Thanks a lot!
(I'll remember about the other subforum next time I have a question!)

Spead moves will hit both Amoonguss and its partner - this is the most common way to destroy redirection setups. SubDD Mence + Amoonguss for example: you can spam Pixilate Hyper Voice and fubar the whole setup. Does nothing to Amoonguss, sure, but Amoonguss is accomplishing even less. Also, there's a SQSR thread in the VGC section too. :P

I think it's fair to say that, since Bastidon's base SpA is lower than base Atk, it'll be unlikely that anyone runs a special attacking variant. In fact, Bastidon has a great special attack move-pool, but a 47 base stat and the lack of an ability such as Sheer Force makes this a discouraged option for Bastidon. I'd be surprised if anyone runs more than one attacking move at all.

Therefore you can go 31/31/31/x/31/0 for the ultimate slow pokemon, or if you want to leave that SpA option open, 31/31/31/31/31/x since speed doesn't really matterl
It never does run more than 1 attack, if any, but on its only "offensive" set it actually does run special moves + Metal Sound. Even with its horrendous Sp. Atk, just about anything looks scary when you're at -2 Sp. Def and can hit SE. Rock/Ground/Ice/Electric/Fire coverage isn't bad at all (and it has Flash Cannon I guess). Physical has Screech and Curse, but only has Rock/Ground/Steel coverage by comparison. Both offensive stats are absolute trash, so imo you may as well go with Sp. Atk since it's unaffected by Intimidate, Burn, and has more coverage options.
But really, Bastiodon shouldn't be attacking. It should just use its adorable face-shield.

I actually happen to have a Sassy 31/x/31/31/31/0 Bastiodon. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)