Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to give my magnemite the following EVs: 136 HP / 192 SpA / 180 Spe
But I'm scared out of my mind that I'll do it wrong. It has modest nature. It doesn't have pokerus because I'm worried that I'll screw something up while giving it to it.
I just need the math done for me so that i don't have a nervous breakdown trying to train a pokemon :))))))))) If anyone can do the math for me, it would be greatly appreciated. (I'd be fighting +1 EV yielding pokemon w/ a power item in each stat) Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm trying to give my magnemite the following EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
But I'm scared out of my mind that I'll do it wrong. It has modest nature. It doesn't have pokerus because I'm worried that I'll screw something up while giving it to it.
I just need the math done for me so that i don't have a nervous breakdown trying to train a pokemon :))))))))) If anyone can do the math for me, it would be greatly appreciated. (I'd be fighting +1 EV yielding pokemon w/ a power item in each stat) Thanks.
Don't you mean 252 SpAtk? Anyway, 252 spreads are not hard. In fact, assuming you mean a Magnemite with 252 SpAtk, 4 Def, 252 Spe this is what you do:

0: Feed it 1 Rainbox Bean for extra Exp if you mean to level it to 100 for Hyper Training.
1: Equip Power Anklet/Lens
2: Fly to Poni Meadow, but stay in Poni Plains.
3: Trigger the bush ambushes, knock down Petilil/Cottonee until Magnemite is infected with Pokerus, ignore the Scythers.
4: Once infected, equip the Power Item opposite to the EV of the mon that shows up in your version (equip Power Anklet if Petilil show up, Power Lens if Cottonee)
5: Knock down 9 of them
6: Switch the Anklet for the Lens or vice-versa.
7: Knock down 6 more
8: Equip the Power Belt, knock down one last mon. Done.

Last edited:
Don't you mean 252 SpAtk? Anyway, 252 spreads are not hard. In fact, assuming you mean a Magnemite with 252 SpAtk, 4 Def, 252 Spe this is what you do:

0: Feed it 1 Rainbox Bean for extra Exp if you mean to level it to 100 for Hyper Training.
1: Equip Power Anklet/Lens
2: Fly to Poni Meadow, but stay in Poni Plains.
3: Trigger the bush ambushes, knock down Petilil/Cottonee until Magnemite is infected with Pokerus, ignore the Scythers.
4: Once infected, equip the Power Item opposite to the EV of the mon that shows up in your version (equip Power Anklet if Petilil show up, Power Lens if Cottonee)
5: Knock down 9 of them
6: Switch the Anklet for the Lens or vice-versa.
7: Knock down 6 more
8: Equip the Power Belt, knock down one last mon. Done.
Is this for the edited version of my post?? I meant 136 HP / 192 SpA / 180 Spe. I copy-pasted the wrong thing. :(

Is this for the edited version of my post?? I meant 136 HP / 192 SpA / 180 Spe. I copy-pasted the wrong thing. :(
Okay, that one's trickier. Give me a sec to do the math. In the mean time, infect your magnemite defeating mons in Verdant cavern then reset its Speed with berries.

Edit: Once Magnemite is infected with Pokerus and resetted to 0 speed, follow these steps:
  1. Equip Power Anklet
  2. Start a SOS fight with a 1 Speed EV pkmn (Digglet/Zubat/Mariachi Rattata)
  3. Defeat exactly 5 pokemon, Speed should be 180
  4. Unequip Anklet
  5. Equip Power Weight
  6. Start a SOS fight with a 1 HP EV pkmn (LSD Grimer)
  7. Defeat exactly 4 pokemon, HP should be 144
  8. Unequip Weight
  9. Give magnemite 1 HP-lowering berry, HP should be 134
  10. Defeat 1 other Grimer, HP should be 136
  11. Equip Power Lens
  12. Start a SOS fight with a Sp Atk pkmn
  13. Defeat at least 6 pokemon

Last edited:
With Pokerus:

Equip power chain (+Spe)
Encounter Spearow, reduce to 1HP.
Every SOS Mon gives you (1+8)*2*2=36 Speed IVs. —> Defeat 5 to get 180 Points.

Equip The Power HP Item
Encounter caterpie, reduce to 1 HP
defeat 3 SOS Caterpies—> 108
Unequip Item, defeat 7 morgen SOS Caterpies —> 28
—> 108+28=136

Equip Power Lens, Kill SOS oricorios until you haben maxed out SpA (5Sos+Original should Be enough)

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm trying to give my magnemite the following EVs: 136 HP / 192 SpA / 180 Spe
Unless you're in a hurry, I strongly recommend using Poke Pelago for EV training in this scenario. When you have Isle Evelup at level 3, you can put the Magnezone there for 45 Training sessions (20 training sessions if you used 10 Carbos) with the speed enhancing drink, and when its done you put it back with the HP increasing drink for 34 sessions (9 sessions if you gave it 10 HP UP's). When that's done, you can EV train Special attack as you please until it's done.

Pelago may be slow, but it's miles easier and more reliable than SOS chain training. And you can do something else while the Pokemon is training.

Unless you're in a hurry, I strongly recommend using Poke Pelago for EV training in this scenario. When you have Isle Evelup at level 3, you can put the Magnezone there for 45 Training sessions (20 training sessions if you used 10 Carbos) with the speed enhancing drink, and when its done you put it back with the HP increasing drink for 34 sessions (9 sessions if you gave it 10 HP UP's). When that's done, you can EV train Special attack as you please until it's done.

Pelago may be slow, but it's miles easier and more reliable than SOS chain training. And you can do something else while the Pokemon is training.
I didn't mention PokePelago because it is so excruciatingly slow, and vitamins well, I didn't want to presume the expenses were acceptable.

Okay, that one's trickier. Give me a sec to do the math. In the mean time, infect your magnemite defeating mons in Verdant cavern then reset its Speed with berries.

Edit: Once Magnemite is infected with Pokerus and resetted to 0 speed, follow these steps:
  1. Equip Power Anklet
  2. Start a SOS fight with a 1 Speed EV pkmn (Digglet/Zubat/Mariachi Rattata)
  3. Defeat exactly 5 pokemon, Speed should be 180
  4. Unequip Anklet
  5. Equip Power Weight
  6. Start a SOS fight with a 1 HP EV pkmn (LSD Grimer)
  7. Defeat exactly 4 pokemon, HP should be 144
  8. Unequip Weight
  9. Give magnemite 1 HP-lowering berry, HP should be 134
  10. Defeat 1 other Grimer, HP should be 136
  11. Equip Power Lens
  12. Start a SOS fight with a Sp Atk pkmn
  13. Defeat at least 6 pokemon
berries lower a stat down to 100 EVs if the EVs are over 100 no matter how high it is...or is that in previous gens??

anyone have an extra power weight?

Moderator edit: Don’t double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
berries lower a stat down to 100 EVs if the EVs are over 100 no matter how high it is...or is that in previous gens??
As of gen 5, (likely earlier) the stat lowering berries will only remove 10 EV's in their respective stat at a time. No need to worry if the stat has more than 100. Also, you can infect Pokemon with Pokerus without them gaining EXP/EV's as they just need to be in your party with a Pokemon that has an active/spreadable form of it when you're battling. (they have the POKERUS status and not the pink smiley face)

As of gen 5, (likely earlier) the stat lowering berries will only remove 10 EV's in their respective stat at a time. No need to worry if the stat has more than 100. Also, you can infect Pokemon with Pokerus without them gaining EXP/EV's as they just need to be in your party with a Pokemon that has an active/spreadable form of it when you're battling. (they have the POKERUS status and not the pink smiley face)
Thank you. :)

I can give you a power weight. Do you want one of each of the power items for future breeding?
Yes please. I’ll be home in about an hour.

Moderator edit: Don’t double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
LF: Gen 6 DBHA Nidoran-F and a shiny NA Silvally code
FT: Various breedables, variety of HA mons, and a NA Marshadow code (PM/VM me for details)

pilica12

Buriallusion: Phantomic Killer in Night Mist
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Charmeleon with HA
Lapras with HA
Luxio with HA
Woobat no HA
Tangela no HA

Edit - LF Timid Thundurus with HP Ice.
I do have a Shiny BR Thundurus, Timid with HP Ice, RNG'd by 5FingerMachPunch. Provided you are OK with the fact that it was not self-obtained, and that it is not UT, I am happy to trade you a copy. Full details can be found on my trade sheet in the signature. RNG proof is also available if you would like that.

If you do take up the offer, would you be cool trading me one of the Buneary from your GA during the trade, as opposed to my reuploading? GTS has been one unreliable bugger lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)