Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

First time here, and I would ask a simple question. I've hatched a shiny bold regenerator mareanie but without Haze. Could I switch that skill for another one or it's very important for the competitive?

First time here, and I would ask a simple question. I've hatched a shiny bold regenerator mareanie but without Haze. Could I switch that skill for another one or it's very important for the competitive?
Haze is undoubtedly a great move on Toxapex, and many would consider it necessary. However, it's very challenging to get another shiny that has the right nature and ability, so it may not be worth trying for a new one. I'd keep the mareanie since it's still very good, and if your team has another reliable way to deal with set-up mons then I'd say you have nothing to worry about. If you really do want Haze then I'd recommend breeding for it since Haze Toxapex is really good.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned deucer.
I don't know what this second replay is supposed to show. In the first replay, you never used Knock Off, the Tapu Lele did have an item at team preview, and its item was never revealed, so there's no reason it couldn't have been Shed Shell.
turn 28 You can clearly see ditto changed turn 39 too

what the fuck happened turn 45?

On turn 45, you sent in Ditto with no opponent to copy. As a result, Imposter didn't active. There has to be a mon on the battlefield for Imposter to active.

Also you didn't use Knock Off in the Arena Trap replay.

In your first replay, the only logical conclusion is that Tapu Lele is actually holding Shed Shell. In your second replay, at turn 45, you KOed Mantine with Zapdos' Volt Switch. You switched Zapdos for Ditto, but since Ditto didn't have an opposing mon to copy via Imposter, said ability didn't activate, hence Ditto not Impostering the opposing Pinsir. Both of your replays are completely fine.

You should probably post in this thread next time if you're concerned with a glitch in PS! or if there's something wrong with it.

And, of course, I get ninja'd by celtic again...

Hello everyone, I was redirect here and I have a simple question:

I'm new here, and I was wondering why Bulldoze was almost never mention as an option for Azumarill over Knock-off (Pre-Bank), since it can surprise HHKO a major and commun treatening counter in Toxapex after a Belly Drum.

It will always HHKO, even if Toxapex is 252 Hp, 252 Def+

I understand that almost every fully evolved pokemon can have EQ as a coverage.

For pokemon like Skarmory and Celesteela which levitate, I use the commun magnet pull choice spec Magnezone.

So what do you think about it?

Sorry if a subject like this one already exist, i'm new here and I have a little difficulty to understand the forum mechanics.

Sorry if my english is awful, im not native.

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 273-322 (89.8 - 105.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Knock off KOs full physically defensive after rocks anyway, and bulldoze doesn't hit anything else that's not hit harder or OHKO'd by one of its STABs or Knock Off, so no, Bulldoze would not be useful

Why is every set I'm seeing recommend 0 attack ivs? What difference does it make? And can I get by using whatever iv the game gives me?

0 attack ivs just lowers confusion and foul play damage for a pokemon that isn't actually going to use its attack stat. It's technically optimal, but if you're breeding in-game, getting 0 attack ivs for a special attacker isn't terribly important, barring a handful of foul play damage rolls.

Do priority moves made into z moves still have priority? (Ex. Icium-Z weavile ice shard subzero slammer against a faster mon, would it still go first?)

Do priority moves made into z moves still have priority? (Ex. Icium-Z weavile ice shard subzero slammer against a faster mon, would it still go first?)
Attacking Z-moves never inherit any additional effects or priority from the base move. You are essentially just getting one-time access to a 5th move of a set power, phys/special, and type with regular priority, no effects, and (for all of the regular and some of the exclusive ones) doesn't make contact.

Last edited:
As a rule of thumb; added effects only happen when it's a status move. The only difference a different offensive move will make is to the z-move's power.

As a rule of thumb; added effects only happen when it's a status move. The only difference a different offensive move will make is to the z-move's power.
Thanks, though the reason I was unsure was that some moves still carry over their effects. (Ex. Focus Punch still requires focus and is lost when hit, even as All-out-pummeling.)

Showdown, it may be an issue with the sim. I have had my focus broken and lost my z-move because of it on my Buzzwole.
There goes my plan of z-focus punch fighting type nuke. The problem is that very few good fighting types have room for focus punch on their movesets.

There goes my plan of z-focus punch fighting type nuke. The problem is that very few good fighting types have room for focus punch on their movesets.
It still sorta works, if you outspeed them it goes off fine, you'll focus but then all-out-pummeling before they act. Doesn't help much with buzzwole, but maybe for something else it'd still work well

Aura Break only weakens Fairy and Dark moves when Yveltal and Xerneas are on the field, correct?
Correct. Aura break reverses auras (Dark and Fairy aura, not Aura Sphere). So only Fairy and Dark moves will be weakened if Aura Break zygarde + Xerneas/Yveltal.
Ex. Zygarde reversed Yveltal's Dark Aura (dark moves do 0.66x damage). Anyway, don't use aura break in ubers, use power construct zygarde.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)