Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

A whimsicott used leech seed on my alolan muk (who had poison touch). Is that a bug or is that intrinsic to the ability?

A whimsicott used leech seed on my alolan muk (who had poison touch). Is that a bug or is that intrinsic to the ability?
Evidently the Whimsicott didn't have Prankster, or it would have failed. No other part of that statement would lead towards Leech Seed having no effect; Poison Touch has 0 interaction with it and Leech Seed works on Poison types just fine.

I started playing sun and moon and would like to get into competitive play. can anyone trade me some good iv pokemon such as ditto and maybe a modest abra with sych? and any other good iv pokes? thanks! please pm me :P

also i tried to ev train 5 pokemon in my party with 252 hp eves. I sos battled cartierpie on route 1 and did 3 different sos battles killing 252 in total and it doesnt look like my pokemon got any eves in the summary screen. does anyone know what happened has it happened to you?

If I have my alolan Raichu use electric terrain to get the speed boost from its ability, and then use speed swap so that another pokemon takes the raichu's speed stat, will the other pokemon get the raichu's speed boost or just the original stats? And will the speed swapped pokemon be affected by electric terrain ending?

If I have my alolan Raichu use electric terrain to get the speed boost from its ability, and then use speed swap so that another pokemon takes the raichu's speed stat, will the other pokemon get the raichu's speed boost or just the original stats? And will the speed swapped pokemon be affected by electric terrain ending?
I believe Speed Swap only swaps the raw speed stat of the pokemon, discounting any boosts. So if your Raichu's speed if 150 (300 under electric terrain), and the other has 100, then after speed swap you would get 100 on you raichu, (200 thanks to e-terrain) and 150 on the other.

Protean vs Ash Greninja: which is better?
OU play.
They're not really comparable in that regard due to how different they are. Greninja can fulfill a variety of roles thanks to Protean and its wide movepool. Offensive, spike setter, all out attacker, suicide lead, ... Meanwhile, Ash-Greninja is a great late game sweeper. KO a low on health mon, and watch your ennemy's team crumble before you with nothing they can do to stop you.

Last edited:

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
What does Nihilego do? I was under the impression it was bad in ou, but it's a- on the preliminary vr. Isn't it outclassed by Gengar and Nidoking?

Special Rock moves are never covered for, which makes Power Gem a neat attacking option. In comparison to the two Poison types you mentioned, at least one of its STABs lacks an immunity, so Choice sets are more viable than on Gengar and Nidoking. It gets dual hazards, unlike Gengar, but has high Speed, unlike Nidoking. It makes a good Sash lead can viably run Balloon. Its SpDef is actually pretty good and Beast Boost is a cool ability with the potential to snowball.

It's definitely not the best UB, but it's no Guzzlord.

Is Azumarill not good anymore? I was looking at the preliminary VR and couldn't see it which confused me with how good it was last gen.

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Is there anything that makes Salamence more viable this gen than from last gen? I was surprised to see it so high in the VR when it was unranked in ORAS.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is there anything that makes Salamence more viable this gen than from last gen? I was surprised to see it so high in the VR when it was unranked in ORAS.
It's used for this set:

[SET]
name: Z Crystal Moxie Sweeper
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Fly
move 3: Outrage
move 4: Earthquake / Fire Blast
item: Flyinium Z
ability: Moxie
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Last gen it was outclassed by other dragon dancers, but thanks to Z-crystal Fly it now has a niche (as a DD moxie sweeper with a flying nuke). Check out the analysis here for more info. :)

Planning my transfers from ORAS to SM, I try to make a list of old mons that benefit competitively from the new Z moves. I have :
- Porygon/2/Z with Conversion-Z
- Azumarill with BD-Z
- Salamence with Fly-Z
- Splash-Z lol (I only see Gyarados)
Did I miss something ?

Solar Beam Heatran now runs Grassium-Z instead of Power Herb, which gives it a much more powerful one-time Grass move and also a Knock Off resistance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)