Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

So...Blissey. Several generations I've avoided it. How is it...outside of stall? Dondozo level splashable?
I would heavily advise against using it outside of stall as stated before, it is a massive momentum sink.
However, if you are dead set on using Blissey outside of stall, then using ice beam/flamethrower on it is necessary, both if you want to get extra screwed by Heatran. I would suggest ice beam over flamethrower as it can threaten something like tusk or gliscor which may usually come in on Blissey for massive damage even uninvested. That's probably the best set for using Blissey on non stall teams.

What are the pros and cons of the different hazard leads in the current meta? I wanna build more HO teams, but not sure if I should be using glimmora/deo-s/samurott etc. I liked sash+Leaf Storm meow earlier in the metagame, is that still good?

What are the pros and cons of the different hazard leads in the current meta? I wanna build more HO teams, but not sure if I should be using glimmora/deo-s/samurott etc. I liked sash+Leaf Storm meow earlier in the metagame, is that still good?
Glimmora: This can get up toxic spikes as well as other hazards, which can sometimes be devastating to teams that do not have many boots users/don't have poison types. It can also hit quite hard with its moves. Sadly, it is weak to many common mons, such as tusk the premier rapid spinner and dies very quickly. This is best for HO (hyper offense) teams.
Deoxys-Speed: Is the fastest thing in the metagame, so is guarenteed to get up one layer of hazards no matter what. It also can threaten tusk for super effective damage with psycho boost and has a lot of utility options such as taunt, screens and t-wave. However, it is quite frail and also dies very quickly. This is best for HO teams, but can work on bulkier teams.
Hamurott: Is able to ignore Hatterene's magic bounce which can sometimes be the biggest issue with hazard leads. Is also able to deal big damage with this and razor shell, which can deal big damage to tusk. Has a lot of options to choose from such as encore, sacred sword, flip turn and priority. Is even bulky if invested. It is weak to a lot of common priority moves though, and is slower than Deo-S, while not getting up something like toxic spikes which the slower Glimmora can. This is best for HO teams, but also can work on bulkier teams.
Realised I said they are all best for HO teams, lmao. Ultimately, your decision for lead is up to preference, they all fill different roles but do have shortcomings.
Sash+Leaf Storm Meow is not really too good, if you want to use it as a lead, then it is outclassed by every other lead here, as while spike is good, most can do something more than just damage, which while good, isn't the point of a hazard lead most of the time. You can definetely use it still, it won't be horrible, but other hazard leads are better. If you are talking about it as a non-lead, normal meow is better, as it has a much higher damage output.

658Greninja

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I am curious.

What has caused an uptick of normal Ogerpon usage in SPL, mainly on the Oger/Deo/Garg builds?

I’ve also noticed usage of Wisp on Volcanion and Dtail Dnite. Since I’m interested in trying them out, I want to know what the EV spreads are for them if you could answer that.

I am curious.

What has caused an uptick of normal Ogerpon usage in SPL, mainly on the Oger/Deo/Garg builds?

I’ve also noticed usage of Wisp on Volcanion and Dtail Dnite. Since I’m interested in trying them out, I want to know what the EV spreads are for them if you could answer that.
Do you have a link to SPL Usage stats just before and during the uptick in Ogerpon-Teal? Perhaps could identify something that it capitalizes on well like Lando-T (Intimidate -> Defiant Food) as a Gouging Fire Compliment? Or perhaps a Grass-Spam core with Rillaboom Terrain and Glide + Tera-Speed to run over offense?

I am curious.

Is this a BO core with like, offensive Deo-S with encore pivot grasspon? It seems interesting and I've seen a lot more grasspon on ladder lately.

I am curious.

The ogerpon thing I think is due to the combo of Defiant punishing Lando-T usage, while the speed boost from tera is nice. Plus, without having to run secondary stab, your fourth moveslot is a lot more free to run stuff like u-turn, spikes or fighting coverage.
At least that's from what I could tell, idk if there is anything else.

Does Roar go though Protect?
I was gonna say no, but I looked it up. The answer? YES! Color me surprised. Crafty Shield blocks it. If you're opponent uses crafty Shield seriously, good chance you've already won lol

For my question,is FS Status Pult good on balance/bulky offense? I have a habit of immediately short horning a cool set into my team, while also stubbornly sticking to a slower playstyle.

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Pre-Contributor
For my question,is FS Status Pult good on balance/bulky offense? I have a habit of immediately short horning a cool set into my team, while also stubbornly sticking to a slower playstyle.
I think Focus Sash as an item is unfortunately pretty stuck on Hyper Offense, but in general Status Pult is still very good! You can run HDB and still have some great offensive pressure on both hazard stack or more traditional BO's. They tend to run something like this

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon / Ghost / Fairy
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Hex
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp

or

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon / Ghost / Fairy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp

Is there an ideal place to mention bugs on the Showdown Calculator? Noticed while checking a Kingambit vs Weezing-Galar interaction that Neutralizing Gas didn't seem to affect Supreme Overlord's Boost (was swapping to Levitate to compare the need for it to survive Iron Head).

has smogon ever considered a restriction process like VGC for singles OU? each team can only have x amount of restricted pokemon so you can't for example jam roaring fire, bolt, lando T, ogrepon etc all on teh same team

how would that affect the meta? for better or for worse? or would it be too hard to implement since what pokemon to clasify as restricted would be too arbitruary?

Just spit balling ideas - tera Fairy ID Skarmory for anti Gouging Fire shenanigans. Good idea?
It's not bad, but tera dragon is much better. Sure, you are weak to breaking swipe now, but Id outpaces dd. This also is much better against mons such as waterpon, while also resisting your two weaknesses.
Not a bad idea, mind you, as resisting fighting and dark is nice, but tera dragon is better. I could see it working on the right team, maybe with a hard waterpon answer such as tera dragon skeledirge.

I've been worried about Outrage bs in sun as well,or should I simply go for another strategy?
Uh, potentially. If you are worrying about outrage stuff, and want to counter both sets then sure, that is the way. However, most gouging sets won't run outrage, as either they are using dragon claw or just clicking a fire type move (haven't faced sun gouging much though, so I could be wrong).
If you want to counter band gouging in sun, dondozo, bulky tusk and Lando-T are good options, though sometimes you just have to sack mons and revenge kill it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)