Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

I have noticed that smogon is suspecting only one pokemon at the time, is it due to some policy or simply there hasn't been a case where multyple pokemon had to be suspected at once?

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
I have noticed that smogon is suspecting only one pokemon at the time, is it due to some policy or simply there hasn't been a case where multyple pokemon had to be suspected at once?
It is due to policy, because players can get confused around who is truly the problem or may disperse the voting, it's easier to just do one thing at a time

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
What's a superman archetype? seen the word thrown around a lot but never know what it means.
It's the type of archetype where you have at least 3–4 spikes immune Pokémon, maybe because they are flying types, maybe because they have levitate, maybe you're using a magic guard mon

This is mostly seen in balances, cores like Corviknight and or Mandibuzz, Clefable, Air Balloon Gholdengo, Gliscor, Dragonite

The other mons are either wearing boots or straight up don't care

This will leave you with a restricted pool of mons, but It's effective in bypassing spikes, which are on an all-time high

It's the type of archetype where you have at least 3–4 spikes immune Pokémon, maybe because they are flying types, maybe because they have levitate, maybe you're using a magic guard mon

This is mostly seen in balances, cores like Corviknight and or Mandibuzz, Clefable, Air Balloon Gholdengo, Gliscor, Dragonite

The other mons are either wearing boots or straight up don't care

This will leave you with a restricted pool of mons, but It's effective in bypassing spikes, which are on an all-time high
thanks I didn't even see it here I saw it in the ADV OU thread first lol

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
What is the standard Corviknight set in todays meta?
IDef / BPress / Roost / one of U-turn or Brave Bird with Rocky Helmet and hitting 200 speed for Gambit is very common. BB is nice for Ghosts/Tera Ghost Sneasler while IDPress is needed for a slew of things like DD Roost Dnite, SD Gambit w/ Tera, SD Sneasler, and BU Tusk. You can run Defog and not commit to ID Press, but with Ghold and the general pace of the tier, it very rarely is worthwhile

Is there a way to de-pp max a move on showdown? I've had multiple games lately where Zamazenta stayed in with an Encore'd Iron Defense and it would have helped to have less pp to run out the encore faster.

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Contributor to Smogon
Is there a way to de-pp max a move on showdown? I've had multiple games lately where Zamazenta stayed in with an Encore'd Iron Defense and it would have helped to have less pp to run out the encore faster.
Unfortunately, no (as far as I know): the situations where you'd want to have non-max PP are so few that it's not worth coding into the simulator.

Jeong

Banned deucer.
What is the spread for Rest/Talk :Samurott-Hisui:? I know it's :heavy-duty boots: + Tera Electric, but I could not find the spread/spreads.

Samurott-Hisui @ Leftovers / HDBoots
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Water / Fairy / Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Razor Shell
- Ceaseless Edge
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I'm not sure if it's the correct spread, but I hope it helps. Samurott-Hisui is a good mon defensively, as it can be a good check to Gholdengo, Greninja, Skeledirge, or Volcanion. Razor Shell, in addition to stab, can cause defense drops. The 20 EV's in speed is for Great Tusk (not evs in speed)

Another viable defensive option is his AV set. Hm, here I put the one offered by the forum dex:

Samurott-Hisui @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sharpness
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Water / Dark / Steel / Ghost
Jolly Nature
- Ceaseless Edge
- Razor Shell
- Knock Off / Sacred Sword
- Aqua Jet / Sucker Punch

As you can see, the spread is similar, but inverted. Those 20 in SpD, although it may seem crazy, can hold up to a DM of Dragapult Modest specs / Moonblast of Iron Valiant (no specs). Sucker is a good option over Aqua Jet to finish off threats like Dragapult himself. He can also be replaced Jolly with a more defensive nature (Careful).

What are the main coverage options Dragonite is looking to use? I imagine extreme speed + Tera Normal with DD is a common one, but is there any that currently help with major meta game threats?

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
What are the main coverage options Dragonite is looking to use? I imagine extreme speed + Tera Normal with DD is a common one, but is there any that currently help with major meta game threats?
Ice Spinner can help you win the 1v1 against tusk and other dnites
Roost on bulky sets can help you get back to multiscale
Fire Punch + Tera Fire to whack air balloon dengo and corviknight
Earthquake for easy to spam move for most things
Dragon Claw for a cool stab option when you find yourself in high ladder, where people will expect extreme speed
Encore to lock all the checks and counters into bad moves
Tera blast Flying for a second stab option, keep in mind that this takes more resources to pull off

Remember to always count on your team when fitting the dnite moves

Ey does anybody know how to delete a team that has been saved to the Smogon database? I saved an outdated one a while back and no matter how many times I delete it it always pops back up...super annoying lol

Idk if this was alr asked but why does scale shot garchomp run fire fang over stone edge or iron head? anything specific? because to me i think the other two are better coverage ( all cover ice, stone edge is stronger, iron head covers faries)
if anyone can help id appreciate it

Idk if this was alr asked but why does scale shot garchomp run fire fang over stone edge or iron head? anything specific? because to me i think the other two are better coverage ( all cover ice, stone edge is stronger, iron head covers faries)
if anyone can help id appreciate it
You also see Stone Edge, Iron Head and Substitute sometimes. Fire Fang is used a bit more but not THAT much more. It allows Garchomp to hit Corviknight, Air Balloon Gholdengo, and has good synergy with Tera Fire, as the extra power allows Garchomp to OHKO Enamorus and bulkier Rillabooms after a Swords Dance, while the Tera Fire itself also allows it to resist Enamorus' Moonblast and Rillaboom's Grassy Glide.

I assume Mold Breaker prevents Purifying Salt from blocking a pure Status move like WoW or Toxic, but since a Damaging move like Gunk Shot can still hit for the damage, does Mold Breaker still interact for the status proc, or does it effectively become a vanilla damage hit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)