Gen 6 Simple Questions, Simple Answers (XY Ubers Edition - read before posting a thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
| 30 | Greninja | 5.20695% | 42589 | 6.705% | 32247 | 6.927% |
| 31 | Arceus-Fairy | 5.18887% | 28600 | 4.503% | 21078 | 4.528% |
| 32 | Deoxys-Speed | 5.11848% | 27303 | 4.299% | 24470 | 5.256% |

This is Madness! (Unless Edgrr's been doing a lot of laddering.)

cmon, THIS IS UBERS!! HOW IS GRENINJA USED MORE THAN FRAKING FAIRYCEUS and DEO-S

Last edited:
| 30 | Greninja | 5.20695% | 42589 | 6.705% | 32247 | 6.927% |
| 31 | Arceus-Fairy | 5.18887% | 28600 | 4.503% | 21078 | 4.528% |
| 32 | Deoxys-Speed | 5.11848% | 27303 | 4.299% | 24470 | 5.256% |

This is Madness! (Unless Edgrr's been doing a lot of laddering.)

cmon, THIS IS UBERS!! HOW IS GRENINJA USED MORE THAN FRAKING FAIRYCEEUS and DEO-S
It's Ubers? I mean the Ubers ladder has the worst teams out of all tiers. (No offence, but I've seen the worst things on Ubers), I like this tier and all, but when I'm encountering things like Blast Burn non Mega Charizard,... Yeah :/
Edit:
Charizard is rank 27.
That's higher than Kyurem-W.
WHAT

What's the deal with Scolipede? Is there some way for it to legally get Speed Boost + Endeavor, or is there another set I'm missing out on?

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
What's the deal with Scolipede? Is there some way for it to legally get Speed Boost + Endeavor, or is there another set I'm missing out on?
There is a way to legally have Speed Boost and Endeavor. You have your Venepede from the Dream World in BW / 2, you teach it Endeavor via move B2W2 move tutors, then when you transfer this particular Venepede (or whatever stage it's in at this point) and if the XY detects a Hidden Ability data tag on this particular pede, then it's original hidden ability, Quick Feet, will be changed to Speed Boost upon arrival in XY.

The method can no longer be used, sadly, since BW wifi got shut down and the Dream World has been down for a while, but this does make the combo legal.

Hope I helped

Last edited:
How does enigma berry work? Is it viable?
Enigma Berry restores 1/4 of the holder's HP when it is hit by a Super Effective move.
No it's not viable.
Why? Because;
A. There are countless better items
B. Super Effective moves often hit too hard for 1/4 HP to be useful

So it isn't viable.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think we need another evasion clause suspect test.
It was found to be "not completely broken" in BW, but XY has brought us many potential abusers that easily take advantage of Double Team and Minimize, especially in combination with Baton Pass.

This replay should be enough to draw your attention on the matter: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-124552194
You had a Darkrai and a Lugia and didn't lead with either?

Why was Mega Gengar banned? What moves specifically made Mega Gengar so broken?
No moves: it's the simple fact that it can kill whatever you want it to, and the opponent can do nothing to prevent it. Besides constantly switching out, but with u-turn and volt switch it gets pretty ridiculous.

No moves: it's the simple fact that it can kill whatever you want it to, and the opponent can do nothing to prevent it. Besides constantly switching out, but with u-turn and volt switch it gets pretty ridiculous.
Actually there are many things the opponent can do to prevent it, Pursuit, priority (Bullet Punch), Prankster, faster mons, playing fun little mind games with offense mons that have Taunt etc. etc.

But it is generally dangerous due to being hard to stop and it's ability to almost always take down one of the opponent's mons, normally an important one.

Actually there are many things the opponent can do to prevent it, Pursuit, priority (Bullet Punch), Prankster, faster mons, playing fun little mind games with offense mons that have Taunt etc. etc.

But it is generally dangerous due to being hard to stop and it's ability to almost always take down one of the opponent's mons, normally an important one.
I should have worded it better: I meant that once he is in, with the pokemon he is supposed to take down, he will kill.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Hi, I'm almost to a point in my spare cart to SR for a good xerneas. What's the most competitively viable nature, modest or timid?

Is there any possible reason to try for a specific Hidden Power? If so, what HP is recommended?

Hi, I'm almost to a point in my spare cart to SR for a good xerneas. What's the most competitively viable nature, modest or timid?
Always aim for Modest for Geomancy sets, Mild/Rash for All-Out attacker sets, or Calm if you wish to go specially defensive.

Edit: Geomancy sets like to have HP Fire.

Hey guys, I was reading through Donkey's teams ( http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/spl5-a-showcase-and-analysis-of-the-donkey-teams.3502035/ ) and his Lando-T/ Palkia stall team caught my eye.

My question is, what are the advantages of using Lando-T over Groudon?

Even after Lando's intimidate, Groudon takes slightly less physical damage then Lando does, Groudon has superior special defence as well as bringing sun to mitigate it's water weakness and even with defensive investment hits harder off its higher attack stat. Also, Donkey does not run U-Turn on his Lando, therefore does not carry any moves that Groudon does not have access too.

Is Lando's immunity to spikes its only advantage over Groudon in Ubers?

Cheers in Advance,

It is a better check to Blaziken and Ho-oh, as well as other grounds like Groudon or Lando-T itself.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I havent really been keeping up with Ubers lately (especially the viability thread), so Im wondering why Chansey is basically blacklisted on that thread if shes an OU god?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)