Simply Shuckle is A God

Introduction:
Hey Guys, I've Been Battling For Quite Some Time Now And Have Seemed To Have Really Liked Themed Teams. My Favourite Was SS because It Just Has So Much Potential.​

Team At A Glance:

Team Building:

Ok So First Off IMO every SS team HAS to have shuckle. Yeah, He Has Low HP But Man This Thing Is A Beast At Special Walling. Shuckle Does Have A Few Weaknesses I will Need To Cover Though.

Ok, So Each SS team Will Have To Have Someone That Sets It Up. Hippowdon Is IMO A Very Average Lead Because Of The Current Anti-Lead Based Start-Off. Wheras T-Tar Is A Good Anti-Lead Because Of Sub and Focus Punch Capabilities.

With T-Tar And Shuckle On The Field I Can See A Big Fighting and Water Weakness Building. I thought about it. There Is No-one who resists Both Who is Immune to SS. So I Thought Of Tentacruel, Who Has Toxic Spikes To support Shuckle and Rapid Spin To Get Rid Of Those Nasty Entry Hazards That He Dies To. But After Testing A Few Battles I Have Realised That Tentacruel Does Not Have A Place On The Team As Shuckle Walls The Things That Tentacruel Walls. So I Decided To Take Forretress, Who After An Encore Can Wall Infernape's Close Combat Who Shuckle Can Take Really Well.

So I Have A Toxic Spiker(Forretress), A Person Who Stalls And Throws Rocks At People(Shuckle) And An Early Game Sweeper(T-tar). Next I needed Someone who had around 100 Base Speed. There Were Flygon, Aerodactyl and Jirachi(Who Would Be Great Synergy With Shuckle Thanks To Wish). IMO Flygon Is Far Better At Choiced Sweeping Than Aerodactyl, Thanks to His Vast Movepool, So Aero Was Out. It was Between Flygon And Jirachi. I didn't really know which One To Choose, But Since One Of My Team's Guys Are Weak To Ground Flygon Would Be A Better Option.​

Ok, I Have T-tar's Weaknesses Pretty Much Covered. As well As The Rest Of My Team's. I needed A Late-Game Sweeper That Could Set Up In One Turn. There Were Many Candidates, But There Was A Particularly Good Looking Lucario Set. Swords Dance+EndureSalac+Reversal+Crunch. This Set May Sound Very Average Due To The Vast Amount Of Priority Moves There Are In The Current Metagame And The Large Use Of Choice Scarf Flygon, Who Completely Counters This Lucario.

Ok So I had One Poke Left To choose From. I Wanted A Mamoswine(To Pick Off Choice Scarf Flygon And The Revenge Killers Like Weavile) Or A Ghost Such as Gengar Or Spiritomb. I Dont Think Mamoswine Would Have A place On My Team As It's Centered Around Using Encore To Allow The Sweepers To Sweep. The Only Problem With The Team Is It's Possibly Too Reliant On The Minimal Recovery Of Shuckles Rest. Mamo Has Hardly Any Resistances And Adds Into The Water Weakness. So I took A CM spiritomb Who, Believe it or not Is Actually An Early Game Sweeper Because A lot Of Leads Have Fighting Moves That He Switches To.

Into The Depths:

Tyranitar*Mrs. T*

EVs: 252 hp/ 140 SpA/ 42 atk/ 96 SpD
Nature:Quiet
Item:Babiri Berry
Trait:Sand Stream
Moves:
Substitute
Focus Punch
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Why?
Basically Tyranitar is there To Set Up SS and Maybe Do An Early Game Sweep. Substitute is there To Counter The Leads That Set Up Rocks. Focus Punch Is Good Because If You Have Revealed The Other Parts Of Your Set, Opponents May Think You Are An All Out Special Attacker and They Will Switch To Blissey. Blissey Will Get Focus Punched. Dark Pulse Is there for a strong STAB attack. Flamethrower And Babiri Are Together To Kill Scizor Who Is Popular Early Game. Scizor Is Also A Counter To My Lucario Due To Bullet Punch.

Shuckle*God!*

Evs: 252 hp/ 248 def/ 10 SpD
Nature:Impish
Item:Leftovers
Trait:Sturdy
Moves:
Toxic
Encore
Rest
Stealth Rocks
Why?
Well It's The Usual Shuckle Set. You May Ask, Why Put Toxic When You Have Toxic Spikes Support, Thats Insane? It Is There Because Of The Vast Amount Of Special Attacking Threats Who Are Flyers. Also If Toxic Spikes Doesn't get Set Up You Can Toxic Anyway. Shuckle's Encore Is Very Good To Stop Unsuspecting Stat Boosters Like Gyarados. Who I Will Take Down With Flygon. Stealth Rocks Is For Entry Hazard Damage. Rest Is For Shuckle's Only Recovery Move. The EV Spread Is Like That To Take Infernape's CC a lot better and Thanks To The SS boost His Special Defense Is Still Very Good.

Forretress*BuggyDie*

Evs: 252 hp/52 atk/ 4 def/ 200 SpD
3 Spe Ivs
Nature:Sassy
Trait:Sturdy
Moves:
Gyro Ball
Payback/Rest/Explosion
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Why?
Shuckle Is A Whole Lot Better With Rapid Spin And Toxic Spikes Support. Gyro Ball And Payback Has Great Coverage, As The People That Resist It Forretress Shouldn't Be Fighting Anyway(Heatran, Skarmory(Against Skarmory Its Just Setting up), Empoleon). 52 Evs Were Moved From SpD To Atk To Have More Of An Offensive Presence. He Is A Specially Defensive Forretress Because When It Comes To Walling Attackers Like Metagross He Doesn't Need Much Help. I could Take Rest To Increase His Lifetime But That Gives The Opponent Too Long To Switch Into One of Forry's Many Counters.

Flygon*RoflGon*

Evs: 4 hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
Item: Choice Specs
Trait:Levitate
Moves:
Draco Meteor
Earth Power
Fire Blast
HP Electric
Why?
I bet Everyone Is Thinking WTF? A Choice Specs Flygon? Well I think This Is A Very Good Set. After Shuckle Encores Gyarados Flygon Comes In and HP electric's Him. Skarmory Are Very Unaware Of Fire Blast On Flygon And Are Caused To Die From It. Draco Meteor Is A Super Powerful Attack That 1HKO's Many Defensive Swampert's.
Spiritomb*OldOne*

Evs: 252 hp/ 180 def/ 72 SpA
Nature:Bold
Trait:Pressure
Moves:
Calm Mind
Dark Pulse
Rest
Sleep Talk
Why?
This Dude Has Many Purpurses. He Is A Spin Blocker Who Completely Walls Forretress, Someone Who Switches Into Explosion, A CM War Counter(due to pressure TASTE THAT CM RACHI) and a Sweeper. 72 evs were moved From Defense To SpA To Give Him A Better Offensive prescence. Dark Pulse Is Used Over Shadow Ball Due To It affecting Everything. He Is Also Used As An Anti-Lead Due To Getting The Advantage At The Start Of The Match.He Is Often Switched In From Machamp Anti-Leads Because Of T-Tar's Weakness To Fighting. Thanks To His Excellent Typing He has 3 Immunities and No weaknesses Which Is Great. He Is An Excellent Member Of My Team.

Lucario*Darth Vader*

Evs: 4 hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Item: Salac Berry
Trait: Steadfast
Moves:
Endure
Crunch
Reversal
Swords Dance
Why?
This Lucario Is Excellent. After Getting Rid Of All It's Counters This Thing Will Sweep. It Is Jolly So That After Enduring It Is Not OutSped By Adamant Choice Scarf Flygon and Timid Choice Scarf Rotom-A. Basically This Guy Is Good But Needs A lot Of Support To Get Rid Of His Counters.

Team Analysis:
My team is Overall Starmie-Water Weak Which I need To Fix But I Think It Poses As A Cross Between A Stall And Offensive Team, Boasting Three Of The Best Sweepers And Stallers Of The Game. Heatran Is A Minor Weakness On The Team If He Caries HP Ice.

Last Look:

Thanks To:
PokemonElite2000
DragonFly
Pokemon Online
And Of Course Smogon

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You have a Sandstorm team, yet only two rock types to abuse the Special Defense boost? And NO CACTURNE? I suggest replacing Lucario or Spiritomb with either another Rock-type or Cacturne. Its analysis can be found here. Due to the more stallish nature of this team, I suggest running the SubSeeder, unless you really need more offense. You may also want to run Knock Off over Rest or Encore on Shuckle, but that isn't as necessary.

*Facepalm*

Derick Did U MADE A RMT Yesterday or Two Days Ago?

Its The Rules -.-..Being Mini-Mod Isnt Good But I Must Tell U Friend, More Details And Yeah Thats All

GL

Packing lots of rock types on a team isn't a good idea, ignore whoever said that up there^

Specs Flygon isn't a good idea. Will it KO something pretty much every time? Yes. I tried it on me second team. The problem is, after something falls to it, in comes their set up sweeper, which you won't be able to hurt much. Now that they know you run Specs, Flygon's usefulness is almost nil for the rest of the game.

Also, Endure Lucario I hate simply because the second most popular thing in the game kills it with Bullet Punch. I just can't see it working against a prepared team.

Did I mention the Infernape weakness? Stuff like Suicune can set up pretty safely too.

*Facepalm*

Derick Did U MADE A RMT Yesterday or Two Days Ago?

Its The Rules -.-..Being Mini-Mod Isnt Good But I Must Tell U Friend, More Details And Yeah Thats All

GL
Azlan, The Mod Deleted It, It was crap team ammitedely so that's why.

Two Rock Types Is Plenty. Cacturne is Also Useless In Ou Thanks to Fires, Waters(Because Dark And Fighting Just uhh DOZENT TO ANYTHING TO SUICUNE) And Dragons. also Encore and rest are necceseites. And SR is needed to much, toxic owns azelf.

Alix, You have A point. The Nape Weakness I Can't fix, I'll Have to Encore One Of His Moves. Specs Flygon I am Aware Does That, So does banded and Scarf, But They Kill A Counter To One Of My Guys Every Time. Suicune Will Set Up, Maybe I should take vaporeon or sumthin. Thx Anyway and scizor is countered VERY VERY Easily. Simple

If He Comes Out Against T-tar, Hes Dead, Against flygon, Dead (Bullet Punch CB dozent 1HKO). If Life Orb, Shuckle will encore watever He does and I will Switch Accordingly.
Thx For The Advice Tho :)

OMG, the badly-capitalized-sentence-posters R INVADING!
RUUUUUN!

No seriously, it's getting on my nerves...
Ok, now about the theme of your team. I personally find shuckle to be a little outclassed by pokemon like Regirock and Probopass, but that's just me.
Although I have a hard time suggesting this, your CM Spiritomb is 100% outclassed by the various Rotom forms. I know you could argue that he isn't weak to payback, but the fact of the matter is that forretress will die easier with the improved stats of rotom, not to mention it's immune to ground type which is much better than psychic type.
The reason I myself run spiritomb (a small aside) is that he has access to a sleep move which is the most powerful status, and my team doesn't have any real status abusers anyways, that and he's better at killing gengar :P which is something I doubt you'll have a problem with, especially with such a specially defensive team.
Your team also has a problem with which pokemon is to be your lead. Due to the order of pokemon, I'm assuming it's t-tar for the sandstream, however you also mention spiritomb is your anti-lead (WTFFF!?)...

Sorry if this post sounded a bit condescending.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)