Simulator Usage Statistics for VGC '12 (Updated January 15th)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Volca uses Rage powder to bring over anything physical, it's quite likely going to hurt. And the ever present Rock Slide will always be pulled on Volcarona if the opponent has it. I hadn't expected Chandelure to be so high, but I guess it's still a great poke after VGC '11(Probably the cutest usable one also :D). Is Scarf Chandy very popular, that could really get on my nerves....

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Almost all the Chandelure I've seen are bulky with Focus Sash or Fire Gem, not many fast ones.

Of course, if you're using this to plan for the actual events, keep in mind that the usage stats and popular sets may be completely different than the PO ones.

Well that is debatable, though I would agree. Also keep in mind not all the world champs or whoever goes to VGC's go on PO, they may have different sets entirely. It certainly seems viable enough to see a few with scarf or speed investment, they are decently fast with 284 speed max. Though if they have scarfs or not they'll most likely be pulling heat wave, and you could switch to a kingdra or heatran and just shrug off their attacks.

Though if they have scarfs or not they'll most likely be pulling heat wave, and you could switch to a kingdra or heatran and just shrug off their attacks.
Because that is peoples usual strategy to Chande, Hitmontop makes a great teammate. Wide Guard for Rock Slides and Close Combat deals with Heatran. Kingdra is hardly used and a strong electric-type attack will dispatch it. Kingdra should only be used on Rain Teams and Chande is a terrible mon to use when battling Rain.

I know that PO stats aren't too representative of what will be at events, but they do somewhat show what serious players use. Of course there are gonna be a few people who pull surprise Move/Iv sets, or underated pokes, but the statistics help one understand what they need to most expect. Speaking of odd move/Iv sets just wait 'til I get up a warstory withing the next week.... teehee..... I don't really see much point in making a bulky Chandelure just to give it Sash, i kinda think they don't have enough survivability that they have to run some speed investment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)