Sketchmons XY [Now Playable]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how about quiver dance for a shadow tag gothitelle? Trap a helpless wall, sub up, dance it up, sweep.
Or metal burst Wobbufett. Screw using counter and mirror coat.
Final Gambit Blissey, when you really need to get something killed.

But anyway I've been looking through some mons that normally suffer from beforegen6 Flareon syndrome that could potentially get some sort of niche squeezed out of them with this meta:

Lilligant

We all know this poor princesses situation. Grass + HP for coverage is very meh with her power access and sleep powder.
Potential new moves to help out her little situation to give her more oomph:
- BlueFlare/Fiery Dance. Allows her to destroy bugs, grass types, steels and leaves hidden power option for ground to take care of heatran or ice for dragons.
- SecretSword/AuraSphere. Allows her to destroy steels and heatran in the same bunch, lets hidden power go for ice for even more coverage, lacks bit of power in some cases however.
- IceBeam/PowerGem. If you want her to become an anti air turret or fly swatter. (infact I wonder if there are mons that could appriciate power gem now that it got buffed..)

KlinkKlang
This fellows always been intresting with its two signature moves shift gear and gear grind.. Real shame rest of its move pool is so dull.
Options options.. So many of them:
- Icicle Crash. Complete the tundra bolt you get with wild charge, but stay bit medicore.
- EQ Classic.
- Close Combat. Funny how Fighting type gives you so much coverage up.
- Pretty much anything that isn't Return. I mean, fuck. Really?

Zepstrika
100 atk, 116 speed, sap sipper.. All going to waste cause this thing carrying more special than physical. Physical Electrict is rare enough already.
- Icicle Crash. once again, tundra bolt combo, but this time with a bit of STAB.
- EQ/CC/HJK muh other coverage
- BellyDrum when you need to yolo with wild charge and high speed.

I tried to look at some other mons, but with this sketch possiblity already giving their own uniqueness away, many tend to get outclassed..
Real shame.

Can't believe no one's posted about malamar yet..
Malamar w/leftovers/lum berry/aggronite/lifeorb
Adamant/jolly
Insert good ev spread here:
Superpower
V create
Night slash
Filler
Malamar is the only viable contrary user available. Superpower+vcreate is a dream come true for a physical attacker since it boosts every stat except spatk. Nightslash is for ghosts annd chandelure. The aggronite is a anti-trick method if you want. Every other item is obvious. Malamar hates uturn, unaware & priority moves.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam/Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Heart Stamp

Serene Grace Paraflinch. With 2 STAB flinching moves, and a third one, if needed. If not, reliable recovery. Somewhat like how it fares in OU.
The Shuckle is really cool :] for Jirachi though (and I'm talking 5th Gen I guess, since I'm not too great with XY) one thing I would've loved for it to have would've been Spikes. Bulky Jirachi gets so many chances to come in and set up, SR is kinda wasted on it. This guy here can come in on threats like Spex Latios, Washtom, etc. and set up all over their faces, while still having reliable recovery in Wish, unlike 'Mons like Forre or Ferrothorn. The best thing is 'Rachi naturally gets the momentum-grabbing U-Turn, which lets it be an even better team supporter.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP / 200 Spd / 68 SDef
Careful Nature
- Iron Head / Zen Headbutt
- Spikes
- Wish
- U-turn

The EVs give it a lefties number, and the ability to outspeed the Jolly Mamoswine with a bit of speed creep, netting a 2HKO with Iron Head. U-Turn is for momentum and letting it scout, Wish lets it support its team even more by passing massive Wishes to its teammates. Finally, Spikes gives 'Rachi something to do on the numerous free turns and switches it nets with its bulk and the threat of Iron Head. Zen Headbutt is slashed here to let 'Rachi deal with 'Loom and Keldeo a bit better, two big threats in the BW2 Metagame, and also gives it a pretty decent weapon against common spinner Tentacruel. It still has a decent 40% chance to flinch the target, which is pretty nice.

Here's something I'm sure is done in practice but I just haven't seen on the page yet (just discovered this today so I haven't had a chance to play it) but how about this set:

Latios w/ Choice Specs/ Choice Scarf/ Life Orb
Modest or Timid nature
252 spd/ 252/ SpA/ 4 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Surf/ Thunderbolt
-Dragon Pulse
-Blue Flare

Same basic idea of regular Latios sets in OU but with a fire move more powerful than hidden power. Whenever I used him, I always felt that his limiting factor was using hidden power. Now he can max out all IVs and if Ferrothorn switches out he can actually damage the switch in.

Last edited:
As many of you know, I am a very offensive player. Here's a team.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 172 Def / 248 HP / 88 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Lead, SR, EQ for damage, Knock Off to cripple things, Parting Shot + Intimidate. Standard EVs for offensive pivot.

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

My man. Swept twice of the 4 games I've played with this team. Shift Gear gets you to blistering attack and terrific speed, fire punch and sheer force, eq + rock slide for edgequake. Earthquake makes you take Life Orb recoil though, so beware.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Porygon-Z Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 328-388 (46.5 - 55.1%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Water Shuriken

Shell Smash for obvious reasons, Sash for guaranteed smash, Spear is obvious, Rock Blast coverage, Shuriken priority + STAB

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball

Dragon Pulse over Draco for long term sweep, psyshock for physical walls, Aura Sphere for Ghost Fighting coverage with Shadow Ball.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Secret Sword
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Psychic because Secret Sword hits Blissey, Secret Sword for Ghost Fighting with Shadow Ball, Sub because what else. Thanks to Tokyo Tom below.

Last edited:

Tokyo Tom

Looks pretty dope :] On Cloyster, you could consider Bone Rush > Water Shuriken though, 'cuz the latter has an abysmal base power IIRC, and Bone Rush lets you hit steels for SE damage, which is the main application of the usual Water coverage. Anyway, Ground has similar coverage to Water. Sure, it has that nifty +1 priority, but it doesn't really hit any threats hard enough iirc, unless Talonflame, which you can beat anyway with your naturally high defense (White Herb > Sash imo) and Rock Blast.

Alternatively you can run HPump to hit phys. walls, but then there's really no use in using Cloyster for Sketchmons :/

On another note, it might be cool to try Volt Switch > Shadow Ball on Latios to maintain offensive pressure pretty well, as most Ground types don't want to eat a DMeteor anyway.

Also, while Psystrike is cool on 'Zam, howzabout Psychic | Secret Sword | Sub | Shadow Ball? Secret Sword gets SE coverage on most special walls like Snorlax, Bliss, and Chansey, while also smacking normal Ttar on its lower defense stat (factoring in Sandstorm). Eh, something to consider I guess

Yeah sorry I'm kinda nitpicking on your team and I know you didn't ask me to xD mb, it's a habit I guess

Anyway, this looks cool

Flareon (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 188 Spd / 64 HP / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike / Earthquake
- Flame Charge
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Makes for a pretty cool sleep absorber, especially since everything's gonna be having Spore. Unfortunately it gets donked by Nature Power, but oh well. Max attack, enough speed to beat base 110s after a boost, and the rest is for enhancing Flareon's suprisingly cool bulk.

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Looks pretty dope :] On Cloyster, you could consider Bone Rush > Water Shuriken though, 'cuz the latter has an abysmal base power IIRC, and Bone Rush lets you hit steels for SE damage, which is the main application of the usual Water coverage. Anyway, Ground has similar coverage to Water. Sure, it has that nifty +1 priority, but it doesn't really hit any threats hard enough iirc, unless Talonflame, which you can beat anyway with your naturally high defense (White Herb > Sash imo) and Rock Blast.

Alternatively you can run HPump to hit phys. walls, but then there's really no use in using Cloyster for Sketchmons :/

On another note, it might be cool to try Volt Switch > Shadow Ball on Latios to maintain offensive pressure pretty well, as most Ground types don't want to eat a DMeteor anyway.

Also, while Psystrike is cool on 'Zam, howzabout Psychic | Secret Sword | Sub | Shadow Ball? Secret Sword gets SE coverage on most special walls like Snorlax, Bliss, and Chansey, while also smacking normal Ttar on its lower defense stat (factoring in Sandstorm). Eh, something to consider I guess

Yeah sorry I'm kinda nitpicking on your team and I know you didn't ask me to xD mb, it's a habit I guess

Anyway, this looks cool

Flareon (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 188 Spd / 64 HP / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike / Earthquake
- Flame Charge
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Makes for a pretty cool sleep absorber, especially since everything's gonna be having Spore. Unfortunately it gets donked by Nature Power, but oh well. Max attack, enough speed to beat base 110s after a boost, and the rest is for enhancing Flareon's suprisingly cool bulk.
I would just like to address some misconceptions: A) flareon gets flare blitz gen 6 now, hooray! so you can use it B) Latios already gets shadow ball, C) Nature Power is tri attack

Looks pretty dope :] On Cloyster, you could consider Bone Rush > Water Shuriken though, 'cuz the latter has an abysmal base power.......
Water shuriken with skill link reaches 75bp(112 with stab) and it has +1priority.....not weak at all.

Well, thanks for your input. However, I disagree with you on two fronts: Bone Rush and Sash. Water Shuriken counters Talonflame, and Sash counters absolutely anything with special moves. After Skill Link, Water Shuriken is the equivalent to a priority 100% accuracy razor shell, which is used to counter steel types. And I'll change my Alakazam set, thanks. And Latios actually learns Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere is the Sketch move.

Tokyo Tom

I would just like to address some misconceptions: A) flareon gets flare blitz gen 6 now, hooray! so you can use it B) Latios already gets shadow ball, C) Nature Power is tri attack
Oh yeah I saw FBlitz on the team builder haha, I just didn't think the need for good fire STAB was necessary as Flame Charge donks all the necessary 'Mons, and everything is running stuff to check Talonflame so it's not gonna be too effective. Also Flareon's pretty slow so you'll want to get the quicker rest, etc.

Yeah I derped on Latios xD probably DMeteor | Psyshock | VSwitch | Surf @ Specs, unless you really want to hit Aeg on the switch

Oh damn Nature Power got changed, thanks for letting me know :o

As for Water Shuriken, it has the same BP as Razor Shell last Gen which usually didn't cut it iirc, the only cool thing is the priority imo, 'cuz the stuff it was supposed to hit ('Tran, Ttar, Steels, etc.) iirc are hit harder by Bone Rush :/

Yeah I mean just my thoughts, I know it was pretty unnecessary so sorry 'bout that :/ also if I came off as a little hostile, mb :[

Last edited:

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
UPDATE: My server is now working, I did not get a new router but my port forwarding is enabled, go have fun gais :]

With so many boosters I felt this had be made.

Unburden drifblim @ focus sash
will-o-wisp
Destiny bond
Heart swap
Baton pass
252 speed, 252 defence, timid.

The reason I didn't choose meowstic for this is because of extrenespeed, quick attack, and mach punch, which drifblim is immune to

Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Earthquake / Crunch
- Milk Drink

This fat idiot has a terrific moveset (but that's inevitable because gen 1 was stupid with moves. rhydon gets boltbeam), and doesnt really need another. But, I figured that since its only recovery was Rest, give it Milk Drink. Ignore the white background on the one that looks right.

Last edited:
Posting a set that apparently was already made, but I can't seem to find.
Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Attack
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Endeavor
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- X-Scissor/Final Gambit

Endeavor+Shadow Sneak is the main draw of this set. Enter in and drop the foe to 1 HP, and then strike with priority. Sucker Punch is for Ghost and Normal-types. X-Scissor is for dealing reliable STAB damage. Final Gambit is to rub your victory in the opponents face while KOing after an Endeavor.

And a new one:
Aron @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
EVs: w/e
IVs: w/e
Nature: w/e
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic
- Substitute
Endeavor drops foes to 1 HP if you get attacked. ExtremeSpeed finishes them off. Toxic can KO a foe if you aren't attacked that round, provided they can be hurt by poison and have at least 192 HP (at level 100 with 31 IVs and 0 EVs, all fe pokemon). Substitute can block status.
To sweep, it needs all ghost-types removed (or a way of getting residual damage on them). It also likes opponents who attack it a lot, so it performs better against an offensive team.

Last edited:
Speaking on the topic of some nice FEAR Pokemon, I can finally make FEAR Bergmite :D

Bergmite @ Shell Bell
EVs: 0 in HP, rest don't matter
IVs: 0 HP
Nature: Doesn't matter
- Endeavor
- Toxic
- Substitute
- [Can't think of anything else really]

Like last gens FEAR aron, setup Sandstorm, bring in Aron, Sturdy leaves you on 1 HP, and anything which isn't Ghost, Ground, Steel or Rock faints and you are pretty much restored back to full HP. Except this time you set up Hail and can defeat anything which isn't Ghost or Ice! The only new problem this gen is that weather isn't permanent anymore, so you'll have to setup Hail and then safely.

On the topic of FEAR:

Tirtouga @ Shell Bell
EVs: 252 Atk
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SDef / 0 Spd
- Aqua Jet
- Endeavor
- Sleep Talk
- Toxic

Endeavor drops the foe down to 1 HP. Aqua Jet finishes it off. Sleep Talk works if you are asleep, and Toxic can KO a foe that does not attack you when you endeavor (assuming that foe has at least 192 HP). Shell Bell restores HP when you Endeavor. Sturdy makes no attacks KO from max HP.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Is it based?
Don't listen to the lying Omastar, our based god pineco is the only god of hazards.

Pineco @ Custap Berry
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SDef
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Sticky Web / Endeavor

Pretty simple set, set-up ALL the hazards. You can use Endeavor if you don't want to use Sticky Web to lower shit's health to 1. You don't even need to be at sturdy range - 12 HP is really low too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)