Skip to last turn?

I have one question for you guys tonight. Why does the option to skip to the last turn exist while I am in the middle of a battle? It pops up and I click it thinking it is the skip turn button and then showdown freezes. This is the single most frustrating thing I have ever had to try and cope with and I want it to be removed as soon as possible. I thought that Baton Pass chains were bad but this takes it to a new level. Imagine that you are about to sweep a team in OU with a liepard but the program freezes because of a button that shouldn't be there. It wasnt there a few months ago so I dont know why it is there now!

Sunako

This happens to me to when i press it sometimes. All I do when the page freezes is close the tab and reopen it from my browser history, which will still be the battle in the same spot you left off, so you don't need to worry about it making you lose the battle. It's still annoying though.

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi, this belongs in the ask a simple question, get a simple answer thread instead of a totally new thread.

To answer your question, it's there for if are spectating a battle. Whilst spectating a battle, if you switch to another tab or window, the battle will pause and this is a way of getting up to date quickly. It can also be used for watching replays.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. I will remember to bring questions of this nature to the ask a simple question, get a simple answer thread for now on. I will attempt to reenter future battles via browser history. I now understand why the button can be useful now, especially in a long stall battle in UU or something like that. Happy battling guys. :)

This happens to me to when i press it sometimes. All I do when the page freezes is close the tab and reopen it from my browser history, which will still be the battle in the same spot you left off, so you don't need to worry about it making you lose the battle. It's still annoying though.
You shouldnt be forced to do this just because a button is broken, they should fix this asap

I'm not entirely sure the button itself is broken, it usually works for me. I may only happen with slow computers, though, I'm not completely sure.
The reason why it is being called broken is because it shouldn't be there during the battle if you are actually battling. It freezes Showdown when pressed and I think it needs to be addressed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)