l
l
l
l
l

skizzer bp ft. drag and azu

(and other shits no one cares about)

Introduction ppl don't read

as the meta is coming to a close, and there are many bad teams in this rmt forum, i decided to not change that and to bandwagon along and also put my shit team in the forum. (bet i made you read it cuz it was short as hell).

Teambuilding Process
main shits
ever since i saw denissss wreck the entire ou meta, i wanted to make a bp team after the ban. bp seemed like the same old passers like smeargle, scolipede, togekiss and celebi, so i wanted to make smth new, smth innovative that is utter trash but it was worth a shot. after looking thru the lists of bp users, i found scizor.

but there was one problem. HE GETS FUCKT IN THE PUSSY BY ALL FIRE SHITS AND MAG. so i made up agility bp scizor to lure in that crap and give it to a strong mon. when i was looking for stronk mons i was looking for mons that can preferably take fire (and electric) attacks for scizor. this made me think bout lots of dragons and i eventually feasted my eyes on dragonite.

dragonite would be a strong user, but with only one mon to break, we would need backup. our partner in crime was azu.

azu finished off the dragon steel fairy core with his bd set while decimating lots of bulky grounds and other shits.

wtf is support

now half the team was filled and we seemed p darn weak to ferro (and scizor but thousands will read this rmt and run agilipass skizzer too so i shouldn't mention skizzer). we also needed smth to take priority so we use the most evil trapper on earth which is magneton.

now sand is being a total bitch and so are birds. we need fking rocks so we just added landoge.

and lastly we need smth to take on water type attacks and other stuff. we also wanted screens. go latias.

superrodcodpodtododdgodsquad 0.0

Latias (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Although it was technically the last member added, Latias fills the very important roles of being a secondary/tertiary Keldeo check, setting up Reflect and Light Screen and just generally Healing Wishing a mon on my team which is very helpful. It switches into Keldeo, Thundurus, Landorus and Charizard Y decently well and if we can't risk Azumarill getting burned or eating a Hidden Power Electric (although uncommon) on the switch, and even provides a safety net for my team in case a mon gets injured. As for why I am using Dual Screens Latias over Klefki or another Dual Screener, such as Klefki or Azelf was because I felt that this team would enjoy Healing Wish and Defog support and it lacked some bulk and it can do it all in one slot. While the standard Life Orb Defog still works decently well and can provide me with more offensive presence to beat some mons, I felt that the team would lack the ability to take hits, especially since my team is not defensively biased. With Dual Screens, Latias easily give my team lots of opportunities to setup Stealth Rocks, or give a chance for Scizor to pass. The EVs focus on having as much bulk as possible to set up Reflect and Light Screen with the speed so it does not lose to things like opposing Latios, Latias or Gengar easily. The set is just a Dual Screens Latias set, but that is because it's simply the best fitting on our team. Overall, while Latias doesn't offer the same qualities as Klefki or Azelf, it makes up for it with its own mix of useful applications and using it as a Deffoger and Healing Wisher as well was probably the right call as it performs all its duties admirably.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

landoge was the main sand counter on this team and the bulky ground. it helps me deal with things like zard x and other physical attackers. he is also my rocker and my electric resist. sometimes, scizor can pass to landoge if there is an annoying thundurus(/klefki) on the field and sweep. mostly just stuffed this mon for stealth rocks and a good pivot.

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 16 Def / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

the team is fairly weak to steels like ferro, skarm and scizor so i simply added a mag. but i liked the way ton has a faster base speed which can help it beat faster threats like jolly talonflame, greninja, weavile, tornadus-t, starmie and raikou etc. which can help out in many situations. other than that it is just standard mag.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Brick Break
- Play Rough

one of the receivers of scizor. bd already still makes a huge threat but when you give this fucking rabit +2 speed? everything gets rekt. offense just falls to pieces. azumarill is here to clean up late game (or early game lol) and kill everyone and your mother resisting the fire moves for scizor. there is literally nothing that can take on azumarill except for unaware mons and venusaur (which dragonite can break easily after some boosts).

Dragonite @ Lum Berry Expert Belt
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
- ThunderPunch

dragonite is another great receiver because it has multiscale which lets it eat up anything, and procede to open holes into the opponents team while sometimes sweeping. tpunch+eq is to hit steels and azu+skarm. the ev spread is complicated af. iirc i used enough speed to outspeed scarf latios and the rest in attack. i run lum berry now since it is just better cuz status pisses me offf and ebelt does like nothing at all. expert belt because it sometimes needs extra power without lo.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 192 HP / 108 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Roost

the star of the team. this set is just very good and unexpected. agility bp is a very good set especially for this team and since it is very unexpected, it can set up many sds and agilities which can mean trouble for the opposing team until they switchin to their fire mon or their mon with a fire move. but then this thing just bps out. this thing helps my two main shits to do serious work against an opposing team. ev spread is to have speed for scarf lati, and able to survive an lo latios' draco and the rest goes into physical bulk. THIS SET IS SO FUCKING GUUD I CAN NOT EXPRESS IT USE IT FOR YOURSELF.

hope you guys enjoyed! feel free to rate my team with constructive criticism. cya. :D​

Last edited:
holy sexy fren :]
haven't played XY OU in a bit, but form what i see a burn on lava plume when you bp to azu or dnite could really suck, also priority t-wave so why not lum on dnite?
other than that looks fun :]

holy sexy fren :]
haven't played XY OU in a bit, but form what i see a burn on lava plume when you bp to azu or dnite could really suck, also priority t-wave so why not lum on dnite?
other than that looks fun :]
looks like a good idea. usually status is a pain and ebelt doesn't seem to be coming into play a lot of time ty fren.

edit: keep up them :]] faces

Last edited:
As TheKingKarp said, lum berry is probably better than expert belt dragon claw and extreme speed don't really hit lots of things super effectively. Also, on dnite, is there a reason you are running thunder punch for? I think you're better off running fire punch for ferrothorn and skarmory. +2 Earthquake already does lots of damage to azumarill anyways, and it can't OHKO you through multiscale with play rough.
Another thing I would like to change, is to remove u-turn on landorus for swords dance, because if scizor manages to baton pass agility to lando-t, then if lando can get up a swords dance, it can also wreck stuff. You don't need lots of attack investment, so you could keep your current EV spread.
Other than that, this team looks pretty decent, but baton pass is poop.

tl;dr
Expert Belt ---> Lum Berry
Thunder Punch ---> Fire Punch
U-turn ---> Swords Dance (Interesting change that could work, but definitely test it out before implementing the change)

As TheKingKarp said, lum berry is probably better than expert belt dragon claw and extreme speed don't really hit lots of things super effectively. Also, on dnite, is there a reason you are running thunder punch for? I think you're better off running fire punch for ferrothorn and skarmory. +2 Earthquake already does lots of damage to azumarill anyways, and it can't OHKO you through multiscale with play rough.
Another thing I would like to change, is to remove u-turn on landorus for swords dance, because if scizor manages to baton pass agility to lando-t, then if lando can get up a swords dance, it can also wreck stuff. You don't need lots of attack investment, so you could keep your current EV spread.
Other than that, this team looks pretty decent, but baton pass is poop.

tl;dr
Expert Belt ---> Lum Berry
Thunder Punch ---> Fire Punch
U-turn ---> Swords Dance (Interesting change that could work, but definitely test it out before implementing the change)
-changed ebelt to lum already. srry for not editing the op.
-tpunch is for azu which is a fucking nuisance. we have mag for ferro
-sd on landoge is p good idea. will test it out. tho i like volt-turn combo to bring shit in.
-bp is still very fucking gay.

Last edited:
Hello! I like this team, and I have a few suggestions:
  • As suggested earlier, I would go through with Fire Punch over Thunder Punch. You said you want to hit Skarmory and Azumarill, but Fire Punch does a nice job of hitting Skarmory (in fact, it's 4x weak to fire!) and you have Magneton for Azumarill. Thunder Punch is OK if you want to keep it but you'd probably hit more Pokemon with Fire Punch than Thunder Punch.
  • I disagree with Firehusky on switching U-Turn to Swords Dance. U-Turn gives you great momentum and the VoltTurn core on your team would work out pretty well. Swords Dance is OK, but I would keep U-Turn to pressure your opponent.
  • I'm not sure how great this would work out, but I would maybe look into going for Klefki over Latias? (I'm not so sure about this, so I would just test it out before actually changing it):
    Klefki @ Light Clay
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Spikes/Fairy Lock/Thunder Wave
    - Foul Play/Play Rough
    This set, while capitalizing on hazards, provides priority dual screens while acting as an effective wall for many opponents. Dual Screens and Light Clay are self explanatory, and the EVs are meant to survive certain attacks under screens. Spikes are an effective hazard that work well with your initial Stealth Rock setup. However, you can replace that with Fairy Lock to trap threats or Thunder Wave to slow down the opponent. Toxic is also another possible option for the third slot to rack up residual damage. The final slot can be either Foul Play to punish physical attackers further or Play Rough as a nice STAB that can actually do damage against Dragon types.
  • On Magneton, I would suggest going for HP Grass over HP Fire. The reason behind this is because, with Thunderbolt generally hitting most of the Pokemon you hit neutrally, HP Grass can help you hit Ground Pokemon that Magneton is severely weak to without Magnet Rise. HP Fire is OK if you want to take out Ferro, Skarm, and Scizor, but HP Grass is probably a better coverage move.
  • I'm probably missing something, but why did you choose Scizorite on Scizor over Leftovers? Since this is a more defensive oriented Pokemon, you don't really need to Mevo. If you have a reason that I overlooked (I'm kinda clumsy with this stuff lol) then you can keep Scizorite, but I think Leftovers would benefit you further. If you do choose Leftovers, maybe you can choose to use Bullet Punch over Roost? This may not be the best idea, but your set is kinda Taunt Bait and the rest of your moves aren't expendable (unless you're fine with leaving out one of the boosting moves). Bullet Punch is also a great priority that can help Scizor take out weakened threats, if it needs to.
That's about it for now! I really liked your team, so these suggestions are merely suggestions and you don't have to go through with them all.
Good luck on your team! =)

Scizorite gives scizor much better bulk, and it probably won't be passing that many times, so I think scizorite is actually better. I agree with klefki over latias, because prankster screens, t wave and spikes is really nice. Also btw skarmory is not 4x weak to fire :)

Scizorite gives scizor much better bulk, and it probably won't be passing that many times, so I think scizorite is actually better. Also btw skarmory is not 4x weak to fire :)
Oh yeah I missed the scizorite bulk part haha and yeah the 4x is my mistake xD

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is actually a pretty interesting team, and it's a really tricky one for me to rate since I'm not too sure how it functions in practice. I do have a few observations though :

- I actually disagree with Fire Punch over Thunder Punch. Hitting Azumarill is actually important enough to be worth a moveslot imo : yes, you do have Magneton, but that thing can't switch into Azumarill very well. To my knowledge, Every single one of Fire Punch's targets that aren't hit by Thunder Punch (Scizor and Ferrothorn) are trapped Mag on the other hand, so Thunder Punch is just plain better with Magneton support. The only exception to this is Air Balloon Excadrill, who is destroyed by Azumarill and which Scizor sets up on anyway
- I'm not sure why you have Brick Break on Azumarill. You already have Magnezone to trap Ferrothron and that's pretty much Brick Break's only target, so there's no reason not to go for Waterfall, or heck, even Return to completely destroy Venusaur/Amoonguss.
- Unaware Clefable and Unaware basically wall your team completely. I don't really know what you can do to prevent this though. This may seem like a drastic change and it probably is, but one possibility is using Mold Breaker Haxorus with Poison Jab : not only does it beat these Pokemon but it actively lures them too. However, Haxorus is pretty mediocre and in all honesty, Dragonite is just better against matchups which don't feature an unaware mon, so this change probably isn't for the better.

I hope you'll excuse me for such a short rate, but this is a very unusual team and i'm not really sure how I'm supposed to rate it, but I hope this helps nevertheless.

This is actually a pretty interesting team, and it's a really tricky one for me to rate since I'm not too sure how it functions in practice. I do have a few observations though :

- I actually disagree with Fire Punch over Thunder Punch. Hitting Azumarill is actually important enough to be worth a moveslot imo : yes, you do have Magneton, but that thing can't switch into Azumarill very well. To my knowledge, Every single one of Fire Punch's targets that aren't hit by Thunder Punch (Scizor and Ferrothorn) are trapped Mag on the other hand, so Thunder Punch is just plain better with Magneton support. The only exception to this is Air Balloon Excadrill, who is destroyed by Azumarill and which Scizor sets up on anyway
- I'm not sure why you have Brick Break on Azumarill. You already have Magnezone to trap Ferrothron and that's pretty much Brick Break's only target, so there's no reason not to go for Waterfall, or heck, even Return to completely destroy Venusaur/Amoonguss.
- Unaware Clefable and Unaware basically wall your team completely. I don't really know what you can do to prevent this though. This may seem like a drastic change and it probably is, but one possibility is using Mold Breaker Haxorus with Poison Jab : not only does it beat these Pokemon but it actively lures them too. However, Haxorus is pretty mediocre and in all honesty, Dragonite is just better against matchups which don't feature an unaware mon, so this change probably isn't for the better.

I hope you'll excuse me for such a short rate, but this is a very unusual team and i'm not really sure how I'm supposed to rate it, but I hope this helps nevertheless.
this a weird team hahha.
i'm not sure why i have brick break on azu either but it seems to be working. if i really wanted to fix that clef weakness, i would run iron tail :D.
ty for trying to rate my team man.

this a weird team hahha.
i'm not sure why i have brick break on azu either but it seems to be working. if i really wanted to fix that clef weakness, i would run iron tail :D.
ty for trying to rate my team man.
all i can say is lol.

definitely put bullet punch > roost on scizor. you're having trouble with azumarill + clefable so bullet punch will help a shit ton. if you ever actually use latios you can healing wish so roost isn't necessary.

unaware clefable literally 6-0s your team if it's CM. you could run lol offensive lando-t (w/ explosion ;D) to bring it into easy revenge range of azumarill, scizor, etc, because otherwise your only half-decent answer is magneton which can't break it at +1. if you're not using screens latios on average you can replace it with excadrill / sharp / anything to kill clef.

also, from your replays, stop using espeed w/ your dragonite vs. opposing clef, man. espeed = 80 BP, earthquake = 100 BP.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)