ORAS Ubers Skymin, Queen of Hax

Hax. HAX. HAAAAX. How many times have you seen a Serene Grace pokemon and had it flinch you, paralyze you, and laugh at your pain? I know I have! (cough cough Jirachi) Anyway, this isn't about Jirachi, but rather about something worse. FAR worse. I'm talking about a pokemon that will flinch you, lower your defense, kill your stall, and laugh at your struggle. In case you haven't figured it out, it's Skymin. And it will conquer your souls.

TEAMBUILDING

To start with, we have the hax queen herself, Skymin.
I added M-Diancie because it's a great ground lure for Sky to switch in safely.
P-Groudon is used here for SR setting.
I used Yveltal to break stall, as well as provide support for Skymin.
Arceus-Dark is here for a wall breaker, as well as Defog support.
Genesect is a U-turner, and can bring in Sky safely.
After having problems with P-Kyogre and Groudon, I used Latias as an offensive defogger instead. However, I feel like Arceus is more valuable than Yveltal, so I dropped it and used Arceus as a wall instead.

AT A GLANCE

IN DEPTH

Shaymin-Sky@Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Timid Nature
Moves:
Seed Flare
Air Slash
Earth Power/Hidden Power Fire
Healing Wish

Hax. Just, hax. Shaymin Sky is what this whole team is centered around. Its blazing 127 speed means it can outspeed and kill a lot of speedy threats, including M-Diancie, Darkrai, and Greninja. Life Orb makes Shaymin a deadly killer, and while the recoil sucks, Sky will be killing things too quickly to care. A Timid nature is used to kill Darkrai, although a Modest nature can be used instead. Seed Flare is Sky's selling point, as the 80% chance for the massive defense drop is too good to pass up. Air Slash is not a powerful move, but the flinch chance is nice. Flying STAB is nice as well. Earth Power is used for Steel Types, such as Aegislash. Hidden Power Fire can be used as well, though I generally prefer Earth Power. Finally, Healing Wish is good for supporting teammates when Skymin has done its job.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 80 Atk, 176 SpA, 252 Spe
Naive Nature
Moves:
Diamond Storm
Moonblast
Earth Power
Protect

Diancie here is the mega of the team. Having great synergy with Sky, it was chosen as a ground lure as well as a fierce killer of its own right. The EVs are for being as fast and furious as possible, as well as speed tying with Lati@s, Mega Gallade, and opposing Mega Diancie. A Naive nature is for, again, speed tying, while not losing any of its attacking stats. Diamond Storm is very obvious, as it is brilliant Rock STAB. Moonblast allows Diancie to kill Rayquaza and Mega Salamence on the switch, as well as being Fairy STAB. Earth Power allows Diancie to kill scary Steel types, while Protect is for evolving safely. Diancie is generally used as an anti-lead. Basically, you start off with Diancie, use Protect, bounce back hazards, and switch if necessary.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk, 248 HP, 8 Def
Brave/Adamant Nature
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Precipice Blades
Fire Blast/Fire Punch
Dragon Tail

This thing is broken. Very, very broken. Ground-Fire typing isn't so wonderful, as Mega Camerupt is a sad case of it. But P-Groudon's ability makes the water weakness go away, unless your opponent is P-Kyogre. That said, P-Groudon is, in my opinion, one of the best Stealth Rockers in the game. Skymin very much appreciates residual damage, so Groudon it is! The EVs are for being a deadly attacker that hits like a train. If you run Fire Blast, a Brave Nature is preferred, as Groudon doesn't like sacrificing valuable bulk. If not, Adamant is the nature for you. Stealth Rock is very, very obvious. Precipice Blades has annoyingly low accuracy that always seems to miss, but when it hits, it hits very hard. The debate between Blast and Punch is up to preference. Fire Blast hits harder, but the accuracy is a pain. For me, I run Fire Blast. Finally, Dragon Tail is for shuffling.

Arceus-Dark@ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs:252 Def, 252 HP, 4 Spe
Bold Nature
Moves:
Judgment
Calm Mind
Recover
Refresh

Arceus is the wall breaker of this team. It used to be the defogger, however, I prefer it as a wallbreaker. It provides another check to Ho-oh, as well as being able to recover from damage, heal status, and deal decent damage in return. The EVs are for great tankiness, while also being able to outspeed opposing uninvested Arceus. Judgment is so that Taunt doesn't break it completely, Calm Mind for added Sp. Def, Recover for a reliable healing option, and Refresh for poison and burn. However, if a pokemon were to be replaced, it would probably be Arceus.
Fun fact: Arceus can survive a Deoxys-Atk Superpower very well!
4 Atk Deoxys-A Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus-Dark: 204-240 (45.9 - 54%) -- 48.4% chance to 2HKO

Genesect Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Sp. Def, 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
Moves:
U-turn
Extremespeed
Iron Head
Blaze Kick
Shiny? You bet. Genesect is an awesome U-turner, as well as the Choiced pokemon of the team. Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed loads of opponents, such as Greninja, Mewtwo, and pre-Geomancy Xerneas. The main move here is U-turn, so Diancie or Shaymin can get in easily. EVs are obvious. I have to run Hasty, as Blaze Kick is an event-only move. U-turn has already been explained. Extremespeed is for damaging pre-damaged threats. Iron Head is for killing weakened Xerneas, as well as being Steel STAB. Blaze Kick is for Ferrothorn, who otherwise annoys the hell out of Genesect.

Latias (F) Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA, 4 Sp.Def, 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Moves:
Draco Meteor
Thunder
Psyshock
Defog

Finally we have Latias, the defogger as well as being the P-Groudon and P-Kyogre check. Latias is the replacement for Yveltal, who never provided much to the team anyway. Soul Dew is very, very self-explanatory. So are the EVs. Timid is for speed tying with other 110s. Draco Meteor is a nuke that 2HKOs P-Groudon, and provides STAB. Thunder is an odd attack that Latias uses for P-Kyogre, as well as Lugia, who laughs at Latias' other moves. Psyshock is another STAB move, and hits special walls hard. Defog is needed, as Skymin despises Stealth Rock.

THREATLIST

Both Stall and Extremekiller Arceus wreck my team. Stall I can shuffle out with Groudon, but if Groudon is dead, then it sets up Cosmic Power and laughs as I try to attack it. Extremekiller is detrimental if it has Earthquake, which it will probably have. My best choice for Ekiller is Genesect, as it resists EXspeed. Still, EQ will hurt.

Not really a threat, but more of an annoyance. Latias can't do a whole lot to it, and neither can Diancie.

Oh, this thing. NOTHING on my team bar Genesect can outspeed it, and if it uses Fire Blast on the switch, I'm toast. (no pun intended)

Again, an annoyance. Diancie hard-walls it, but if Diancie is dead, then what can I do?

THINGS I WISH I HAD
Cleric- My only team support move is Healing Wish from Shaymin, and that can only do so much.

Taunt user- Lugia and Stallceus crap on my team. Nuff said.

Knock-off user-Definitely appreciated, for obvious reasons.

REPLAYS

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-228903847 Those 1 HP survives tho...

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-229153817 Sort of meh

More coming soon!

IMPORTABLE

Shaymin-Sky @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Air Slash
- Healing Wish

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Protect

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Arceus @ Dread Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Refresh

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head
- Blaze Kick

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Thunder

Cool Dextertheduckhat, I like that fact that you're using my favorite mega, Diancie. However, I see some things that can be tweaked which will improve your team without a doubt. Please consider these suggestions, alright lets jump right into it:

• At first glance, I noticed you're running somewhat weird set and spread for Primal-Groudon. You'll want SpDef EVs to be able to take on Xerneas, which completely demolishes your team If it gets up a Geomancy. Being Specially Defensive will allow you to beat Xerneas if you play it right and keep your Groudon healthy. You can cripple it with a Thunder wave, then outspeed and get some damage off with Precipice Blades then finish it off with Genesect. Thunder Wave will also help with slowing down Mega Salamence, Latios and Latias, Arceus and other things that normally outspeed Groudon and threaten it. Also, disregard Fire Punch and Fire Blast and replace it with Lava Plume. Lava Plume will allow you deal massive damage to Arceus and possibly burn it, which has the potential to prevent it from sweeping your team( It has more uses than this too ). But keep in mind, Primal-Groudon is not an Arceus counter by any means, it's more of a last-resort check. Consider changing your set and spread to this:
Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

• For Mega Diancie, give it max SpA, 80 Atk EVs isn't really need. Considering that it will still be able to OHKO what it needs to with 4 EVs. Arceus-Dark should be running max speed in order to speed tie with other Arceus which can be huge. Get rid of Blaze kick for Ice Beam on Genesect. You'll want Ice Beam primarily for checking Salamence. Having a Scarf allows you to outspeed Salamence if it hasn't set up yet then OHKO it. Try getting a Thunder Wave off with Groudon first though so you'll be guaranteed to outspeed no matter what. I suggest dropping Thunder for Recover. I know you have it to beat Kyogre, but Recover will be much more useful considering that Latias will be switching in and out to defog. It'll be taking damage every time it comes in, and believe it or not Groudon can beat Kyogre with ease. To handle your Mewtwo and Lugia problem, I suggest you play super aggresive with Genesect when you encounter a Mew and as for Lugia, try to keep Rocks up on the field by constantly pressuring your opponents defogger. Darkceus could potentially set up on it, if it isn't running whirlwind( Which most do). You could try dropping Darkceus for Darkrai or Yveltal. That's all I have for you for now, I hope I helped you and good luck with the team!

Hi Facts,
Thanks for the rate! I will add your changes ASAP. I dropped Y for Darkceus, as it wasn't doing much for the team. The set for Groudon was from Serebii, but sure, I'll add your set. The debate between Ice Beam and Blaze Kick was mainly because Ferro comes in on Genesect, which is annoying. Anyway, thanks a bunch!

Hi Dextertheduckhat
There are some things you are obliged to consider when you build around Shaymin.
First of all The weakness to priority and mainly the juggernaut Extreme Killer the Best priority user in the game as well quicker mons like Mewtwo and Deoxys-A.
1 pokemon can solve all these issues called Yveltal I will tell you how to implement it while going threw your team.
1)Shaymin set is a classic LO set(HP rock is better here because it 2hko ho oh while you have no safe switch ins),does enormous problems to balance and Diancie,on the other hand,as a decent bouncer to improve the machup vs offense mainly Deo/Darkrai(but use the EV spread I will provide at the end will help way more for the role It's designed to:No need for attack EVs you kill ho oh with a -nature.those EVs can be used to help elsewhere)
Once you decided to use these 2 mons as your main core you have to cover their numerous weaknesses.
2)Latias is Fine(Thunder wave is better than Thunder and have a way better utility overall.When you paralyse Lugia you rape it with Diancie) and Primal Don is fine and makes a decent core with Latias.
3)Replacing Genesect with Defensive Uturn Yveltal.Gives you amazing bulk and checks to improve your core as I said previously. Genesect lost a lot in gen 6 with the resistances loss and new mons implemented.I mean you can't even switch it on anything almost.It's frail.
4)Replace that Darkceus With Ekiller.Gives way more input to an offensive team than Darkceus and also can sweep mid late game.specially if you focus on chipping damage and throwing twaves.
This is the importable of your team with corrected Evs and New mons:
Shaymin-Sky @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Air Slash
- Healing Wish

Diancie @ Diancite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Protect

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)