Slimy ANT team

Hi, i brought you guys a new team that can do a lot of damage if you know what you're doing... Well, here goes:

First glace:

Introduction:​

Azelf @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Timid Nature
- Explosion
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic​

Azelf has a great job. Hazards... I love them... Hes first priority is to put up stealth rocks and do some damage to the opponent. Psychic helps killing fighting pokemon like Hitmontop and some poison types, Fire Blast is for coverage. At low health you can ruin your opponents day with an explosion. I love explosions... Well... not really...

Joker (Tornadus) (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Bulk Up
- U-turn​

I didn't see this guy in UU so much and I'm disappointed... Flying Gem Acrobatics can wipe some pokemon out from the battlefield. The prankster ability lets you use Taunt first, stopping opponents pokemon from setting up. If you predict a switch you can Bulk Up and if you don't like the match-up you can do some damage with U-turn while switching.

ANT (Durant) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Hone Claws​

Don't underestimate the power of the great steel ant !! This guy can do maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasive damage with his ability and Hone Claws can get your accuracy drop back and give you some extra attack as well. X-Scissor and Iron Head are some base moves... He is one of the Steel type pokemon that have a good speed stat, and also some good type coverage because of the Bug-Steel type.

Hihidaruma (Darmanitan) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Earthquake​

Darmanitan is one of the biggest threats in UU because of the massive damage and speed. U-turn is for safe switching. Flare Blitz is the main attacking move that can make a hole in any pokemon. Well... not all of them... But still, he can manage to kill at least one or two pokemons in a match. Superpower and Earthquake are for coverage, for pokemon like Rhyperior ( 2HKO ).

ponni !! (Zebstrika) @ Leftovers
Trait: Lightningrod
Jolly Nature
- Spark
- Flame Charge
- Frustration
- Pursuit​

This pony is made to kill Raikou ( Lightningrod makes Raikou useless ). Two Frustrations should be enough for this pony to kill that yellow dog... Flame charge is for Roserade and for some speed. No one will know you got pursuit on this... so if you find something in your way that wants to run... Pursuit will do just fine. Spark is for Honchkrow, I hate that bird...

Bubblegum (Muk) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 6 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch
- Payback
- Brick Break​

This chewed bubblegum is the main deal here. It is designed to kill annoying pokemon like Gligar and threats like Flygon with the Ice Punch, Brick Break kills ICE POKEMON ( like the Christmas tree... Abomasnow ), Sneasel, Bisharp etc.
Payback is to do some damage to some pokemon, I don't think that you'll want to stay in on a psychic type... UNLESS... we can sneak on them... hmm... how could we do that... ohh i know !! Shadow Sneak !! Muk is the ultimate ninja...

UPDATE:

Joker (Tornadus) (M) @ Flying Gem
Trait: Prankster
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Bulk Up
- Substitute

ANT (Durant) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hustle
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Hone Claws

ponni !! (Zebstrika) @ Life Orb
Trait: Lightningrod
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Flame Charge
- Frustration
- Pursuit

Victini @ Choice Band
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
~V-Create
~Bolt Strike
~Zen Headbutt
~U-turn​

Nice team, always like seeing lower tier stuff used in UU. Here are some things I think will help make your team better:

1. Nice Tornadus set, you're right it is quite uncommon, especially the set you're running. Overall I think U-Turn isn't the best option for it, considering the last thing you want to be doing after getting some boosts is switch out. I think a possibly good replacement could be Substitute. It takes advantage of Prankster and would also let you set up easier, especially against Sableye.

2. I love Durant too, its a powerhouse after it gets a Hone Claws under its belt. I do think however that you should replace one of Durant's STABs with Rock Slide/Stone Edge, as your current set its walled by a lot of things. I would replace Iron Head since it provides the least necessary coverage. I also personally like to run Lum Berry on my Durnat, to make the set up easier, but Leftovers work fine too.

3. Zebstrika's set is kind of odd to me. Firstly Spark is not a good idea, its base power is way too low and Zebstrika has access to Wild Charge anyway. I think you should also replace Leftovers with a Lifeorb, as Zebstrika really needs that extra power to do anything.

Ultimately however, I feel that Zebstrika would work better as a special attacker, it has much more powerful special attacks and you could use Lightingrod as a way to boost Zeb's kind of low special attack.

4. To be honest I think Muk is generally outclassed in UU, its stats aren't that great and its really slow. I'm gonna give you some other options, but really its up to you. I can't say for sure that Muk is bad until I use him, for all I know he might actually be very good. Here are some other options:

• Sub-3 Attacks Heracross: I love this thing, most people expect a scarf which makes getting up a sub easy a lot of the time. Heracross is 10x scarier behind a sub than it is with a scarf. And once Moxie boosts start coming in Hera is a massive threat to any team.

• Life Orb/Choice Band Mienshao: The other great fighting type of UU. I think Choice Scarf is superior to Life Orb, but you already have a Darm that works well. I'm sure you've faced a LO Mienshao before so I won't explain it to you. Choice Banded Mienshao would basically be a massive nuke thanks to the insane power of High Jump Kick.

• Lum Berry Dragon Dance Fraxure: I can see you're a fan of using lower tier stuff, as am I. I recently tried out Fraxure and to my surprise it single handedly won me multiple games. After one Dragon Dance Fraxure outspeeds everything in the tier besides Crobat or a Scarf user, and an Outrage coming from it its seriously powerful.

Alright, hope this is helpful!

Darmanitan is a good pokemon but I feel Vicitni largely outclasses him. With a choice banded V-create/Bolt strike Victini punches massive holes in anything not named Rotom-H. It can OHKO Bronzong with V-create and do the same to slowbro using Bolt Strike. Furthermore enemies expecting to set up while you switch out after the speed and Def, SpD drops from V-create don't like it when suddenly their sweepers dead and you switch out only to switch in later and kill something else. Victini also appreciates a 100% accurate V-create, 99% accurate Zen Headbutt and 93% accurate bolt strike thanks to Victory star.
Victin set:
Victini @ Choice Band
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
~V-Create
~Bolt Strike
~Zen Headbutt
~U-turn​

Good idea !! What do you guys think about Muk ? No one knows what moves he has, what he can do, nor what will hit them. Perfect assassin in my opinion.

I agree with afromann, Victini is definitely superior to Darmanitan. I think you should still keep the Choice Scarf however. Scarf Victini is, in my opinion, the best revenge killer in the tier besides Scarf Mienshao.

In regards to Muk however, if he works for you keep him! I see no problem with using it besides it just doesn't seem too good on paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)