Other Metagames SM Anything goes Ferrothorn Arceus-G Xerneas team

Introduction

Hey everyone, this is the team that I usually use when playing Anything Goes. Currently my ELO in AG is between 1550 and 1650 and so I ask you to rate my team.

Anyways, here's the teambuilding process and the final team.

Teambuilding process

I started building my team with Xerneas. My idea was to use Geomancy and then sweep everything on my way.

The secondo pokèmon that I added was Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn covers poison and steel, two major threaths to Xerneas.
The third pokèmon that I added was Arceus-ground, holding a Z crystal. I chose it because I needed fire coverage for Ferrothorn and a powerful move to sweep other people's Xerneas.

The next pokèmon that I added was Primal Kyogre. I chose primal kyogre mainly because of the many Celesteelas and Primal Groudons around, and because it's one of the few flying counters of the team.

The fifth pokèmon that I chose was Marshadow. Marshadow covers other weaknesses of the team, such as Metagross and MMewtwo X.

Since my team had no mega, I decided to go with a veeeeery innovative choice: Mega Rayquaza.

The Team

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Xerneas is the main core of my team, along with Ferrothorn and Arceus. My strategy is to use Geomancy on my switch in turn to boost its stats, asnd then sweep everything with moonblast. Aromatherapy is useful to cure Primal Kyogre of its sleep when predicting switch-ins, and Hp fire is useful aganist Mega Metagross and Mega Scizor, along with other common counters to Xerneas.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
Ferrothorn is the lead of the team and one of its key members. Ferrothorn has the ability iron barbs, that I mainly use to severly damage Chansey with seismic toss and Marshadow with spectral thief. Stealth rock is the most important move to set up, since it breaks focus sash and so Smeargle that try to boost, along with Deoxys-speed. Leech seed is used for stalling and toxic when predicting switch ins. When rating, please don't say that I can change this to Celesteela. I need Ferrothorn because of Smeargle with spore, a common strategy on AG.

Arceus-Ground @ Groundium Z
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Recover
Arceus-ground is the third 'mon of my core strategy. It is used mainly to take the hit when Primal Groudon switch in, and when a fliyng attacker switch ins. Eartquake is its Stab used to deal 100% accuracy damage, stone edge is used mainly on Mega Rayquaza switch ins and swords dance also when predicting a switch in. Recover is used when predicting a boost or when Whimsicotts set up a Tailwind.​

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Thunder
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
No team in AG is viable without a Primal, and so does my team. Along with Ferrothorn, primal Kyogre is the other most "durable" pokèmon in my team. Scald is its main Stab move, also capable to burn, permitting to break focus sashers if lucky. Thunder is another great move to use when drizzle is on, having 100% accuracy. Rest is used when on low Hp level, and sleep talk when resting.

Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat​

Marshadow is the second sweeper of the team and also the baton pass/Mewtwo killer. Spectral thief is an obvious choice, capable of stealing all the stat boosts from a pokèmon. Poison jab is used to have overall coverag on Tapus, mainly lele, and to try to poison a pokèmon with a 30% chance. Shadow sneak is its main priority move, and close combat is used to take down normal type pokèmon.

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- V-create
- Dragon Dance
Not much to say about this one. An obvious choice for the tier, I use mega Rayquaza to take down the most resistant guys in the tier, like Lugia with roost and any serena grace user. Dragon ascent is its main move, with 100% accuracy and great power. Eartquake is used aganist Primal groudon, arceus-steel and when I don't want a stat drop. V-create is used aganist Celesteelaa, Ferrothorn, Avalugg and other fire-weak pokèmons. Dragon dance is used when predicting a switch or when tailwind of foe is active.

Conclusion

Sorry for any formatting error but I had an hard time with the text editor, I hope you liked my team. Have a nice day!

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- V-create
- Dragon Dance

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Arceus-Ground @ Groundium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Recover

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Thunder
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Your team barely has a switch in for Primal Groudon and Marshadow, or lacks them outright. Pdon can stop a xern sweep and you can't even use primal kyogre (aka pogre) to potentially chip away at a pdon switch. If pdon switches into you pogre it's dead walled and you either lose a lot of momentum by giving the opponent a free turn, or are forced to predict a pdon switch and maybe make a double switch which can put you at a disadvantage if it doesn't work out. Mega Ray is a good Pdon switch in but it's Life Orb mray and and with Stealth Rock up it's gonna rack up damage quickly. Other than that, you have a Marshadow with Focus Sash but no way to clear hazards. A team with Focus Sash marsh and a mega rayquaza just has to have hazard control in some way in my opinion cuz otherwise you get a mon without a useful item and a rayquaza thats crippled upon switch-in.

Opposing Marshadow also prevents your Groundceus from setting up cuz otherwise it'll just steal the boosts and proceed to sweep your team, and in general you have nothing to outspeed it. Your only hope is to tie with your own Marshadow which isn't reliable cuz its a 50/50.

To fix both of those problems a change that will overall be beneficial would be to change your SD Groundceus to support groundceus. This is the set:

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 196 HP / 188 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam / Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Recover

This gives you a solid counter to both Pdon (although special pdon with eruption or overheat will still hurt a lot, but those are a lot less common and more manageable for mega ray), as well as Marshadow. The 124 speed allows you to outspeed max speed pdon/pogre and all the 252+ speed base 90s. It also gives you a solid way to Defog.

I also recommend changing your pogre set to something more offensive. Something like Origin Pulse / Ice Beam / Thunder / Filler would be a lot better, that way even if pdon switches you can 3hko it with Ice Beam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)