Metagame SM RU - RU Alpha Discussion - Month 2

What are you looking forward to in Sun/Moon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lord Death Man

i cant read
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Despite this meta being full of potent new threats, I've personally been finding a lot of use with this Aerodactyl set on a HO-style team. Also this meta is a (somewhat fun) mess.

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock /
- Pursuit / Aerial Ace / Ice Fang

I keep forgetting to save replays but it's been pretty potent for me so far - it doesn't switch in on too horribly much, but if it can get in safely it can force out a lot of common mons and set up stealth rocks, and it's speed tier is MUCH better than Lycanroc-Day's, allowing it to reliably beat Mega Absol turn 1 and get up rocks. Access to EQ and better coverage options are also really helpful.

While I'm currently running Pursuit for Alakazam, Aerial Ace 2hkos Chesnaught and Ice Fang (barely) 2hkos Gligar, which is always nice. Roost can also make it a more reliable Togekiss check than it already is. Pretty cool mon overall.

I also think Jolteon is pretty decent right now but I haven't used it. The speed tier is just really nice right now and signal beam + hp grass seems to cover most electric checks right now.

Yeah... Scolipede is really whack in this tier atm.

View attachment 76379

Scolipede @ Lum Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
I'd run Megahorn over Earthquake or Aqua Tail (not sure which), personally. SD Scolipede is pretty damn brutal though, and I'd recommend people try it out - a 120 BP stab gives it a ton of power and it's essentially impossible to outspeed Jolly variants at +1 (and Adamant at +2). Jolly Life Orb Megahorn at +2 OHKO's Aerodactyl, who's not the best resist by any means but was something I expected to stand up to it at full health.

Gligar and offensive Crobat can get bopped by Aqua Tail (ada LO Aqua Tail has a 68.8% chance to KO support bat after rocks, for example), Doublade can sort of trade to EQ variants, etc. Having this definitively covered can be a nightmare, and that's ignoring it's offense matchup. Cool mon.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
**smoke break
nidoqueen @ black sludge | sheer force
relaxed | 248 hp / 240 def / 20 spe
• poison jab
• stealth rock / ice beam
• toxic spikes
• earth power

pjab for cm florg. this thing checks a lot at the moment, fighters, electrics, u name it. it also compresses these roles well bc it has rocks and tspikes

**angels
suicune @ leftovers | pressure
bold | 252 hp | 112 def / 144 spe
• substitute
• scald
• roar
• calm mind

this is the team i am using the aforementioned sets on

coloring book

D.R.A.M (Kyurem) @ Leftovers
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Roost

smoke break (Nidoqueen) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Poison Jab
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power

angels (Suicune) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Roar

same drugs (Snorlax) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Happiness: 0
EVs: 188 HP / 144 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Frustration
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

juke jam (Alakazam) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball

no problem (Florges-Blue) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

after seeing rattled's stellar kyurem evs, i decided i wanted to try kyurem + tspikes. for a tspiker i wanted something that helped in multiple facets; queen handled florg easily and also laid up rocks for the team. i then added the cune because double pressure seemed really cool + it had nice defensive synergy with kyurem and queen. lax helps fill several roles, such as being a great special sponge and a wincon. zam is our speedy dude and somewhat of a breaker. i run hp fire to f escavalier for kyurem and bc there's no reprocussion to using it anymore. florges passes wishes to queen and cune primarily and also heals the team if it gets statused. u could also run togekiss over florges bc this team is rather weak to spikes. if u use togekiss, run resttalk cune

no problem (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Defog
- Air Slash

Last edited:
I wonder if Gigalith will drop if Hippowdon stays in UU. Hippowdon has recovery and Gigalith lost one of its biggest benefits in destroying Charizard Y.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I guess time for my daily post about a Pokemon or two I've been playing around with. I guess I'll start with the grass pixie, Celebi

So I've seen a fair few Celebis on the ladder so far (I've got 3 alts in the top 50 LOL) and they all seem quite varied. I've seen defensive Stealth Rock + T-Wave, bulky attacker, offensive Stealth Rock, and Life Orb Nasty Plot (scurry btw) I decided to take a bit of a different take on Nasty Plot while maintaining the offensive approach:

Celebi @ Colbur Berry / Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Earth Power / Dazzling Gleam / Recover
- Nasty Plot

Thanks to a Colbur Berry, Celebi is able to deal with Sucker Punch users a lot better and actually beat Mega Absol 1v1 if it's boosted. (huge since this is the Psychic check for so many offensive teams right now) I'm sure you guys can figure out what the STAB moves are for; take out what Celebi is supposed to beat. From there, the 3rd move is kind of up to personal preference as Celebi will always be walled by something. Earth Power is nice since being walled by Doublade and Metagross is kind of a bad look right now and Psychic does a number on the Dragons in the tier anyway. Dazzling Gleam allows Celebi to beat Honchkrow in particular (Colbur saves you from Sucker Punch) and gets off a stronger hit on Goodra (Noivern is faster and the others drop to +2 Psychic) That said, Gleam does mean you still beat Mega Absol if you're unboosted. Recover is an alternative if you don't care about the coverage and want Celebi to be able to pivot into bulky Water and Ground mons for a longer period of time. Leftovers and Life Orb are obvious alternatives if the free pass on Dark moves (and Pursuit from shit like Aero and Escav) Leftovers is best used when you have a coverage option and Life Orb is nice with Recover to offset the residual damage.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankrualpha-513101168 - this kind of shows what I"m talking about with more offensive teams only having Mega Absol as their main Psychic-type check. Colbur Berry saves Celebi to eliminate a key priority user for the opponent's team while Earth Power removes a key Pokemon that would have put heavy pressure on Milotic otherwise.

Talonflame is a Pokemon that was nerfed heavily in the shift to SM. From one of the absolute best revenge killers in ORAS OU, Talonflame has come to SM RU Alpha with a significantly nerfed Gale Wings ability. However, not all is lost with Talonflame as it still sports an incredible base 126 Speed and a rather underrated defensive typing (if you look past the 4x Rocks weakness LOL) Talonflame also has some very interesting tools in its arsenal; including Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, and Bulk Up. I've been working with a Bulk Up set on a team Arikado was kind enough to give me as I was struggling with building with Talonflame, tho I did make a couple of minor tweaks to better suit my playing style:

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Bulk Up Talonflame has the Speed to revenge kill some frailer offensive threats and with Will-O-Wisp or Taunt, Talonflame can set up on some fatter Pokemon on bulkier builds. Brave Bird is the STAB move of choice due to the fact that Talonflame needs Leftovers recovery to help it set up on more passive threats. Max Speed may seem a bit odd, but being able to outspeed the likes of Swellow and Alakazam is extremely important to allow Talonflame to not be dead weight against offensive teams. The rest of the EVs improve Talonflame's overall bulk as it lacks true priority of any kind and being able to burn stuff like Scarf Heracross or Lucario on the switch in can be pretty cute with Flame Body. Gale Wings is usable, but because Talonflame lacks Attack investment it isn't able to revenge kill as many offensive threats.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankrualpha-513078435 - While I'm greatly aided by the fact that my opponent had Psyshock over Psychic on Reuniclus, this battle does a good job of showing Talonflame's use against slower teams that have only one or two Pokemon faster than it. Thanks to Taunt Crobat, Talonflame is able to use Reuniclus as complete set up fodder to get high enough to KO Swellow for sure and Will-O-Wisp keeps Doublade from breaking through, even with a critical.

This tier is pretty fun, is like ORAS UU, just trade MAero for rain and Alakazam.
I have been using some hazard stacking teams and now im over 1400 as KaenSoul,
Klefky is pretty good, the prankster nerf isnt a big deal when youre a fairy and with Magnet Rise he can check his own checks (and become inmune to every move of the standard DD Haxorus)
Gligar is still good, and that also make Braviary pretty good, the CB set is hard to switch into for how strong Brave Bird is, and everyone use Doublade when they want a flying resist, but is easy to wear down or just kill with +2 Shadow Claw
Lucario is awesome, better than in ORAS UU, maybe a bit too much, but he still need some support and have a hard time setting up
Swellow is awesome, his BoomBurst destroy most offensive teams but hate all the priority in the tier
Offensive Roserade is good in this meta, his coverage is almost perfect, check Suicune and have a decent speed tier, Tech HP give some surprise kills if you dont reveal the set
Clawdaunt is cool, he rape stall (if than was a thing here yet), and Aqua Jet is enough to sweep late game without the need to set up
Alakazam is busted, no idea how he didnt get enough usage for UU, and Donphan still feel bad

And i havent see a single Scolipede since the BP ban, not like the SD set was bad

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just some thoughts on a pokemon that I've been gladly enjoying in the chances that I've gotten to play the alpha so far:

Virizion @ Grassium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor / Stone Edge

This is a cool set that I thought of when thinking of partners for Tank Milotic, and I figured this would work well; X-Scissor to lure in the always annoying Celebi, and SD Bloom Doom helps break down annoying walls to my team such as Florges and Gligar if I can weaken it sufficiently enough. It has some merit in checking stuff like Milotic, Swampert, and Mega Absol, and is overall a very fun pokemon to try out in this meta, I'd give it a shot.

+2 252 Atk Virizion Bloom Doom vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 406-478 (112.7 - 132.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Edit: And of course Stone Edge is nice if you need it since Togekiss and Crobat can be a pain in the ass D:

Last edited:
Alright! After playing and watching SM RU matches for a few days now and I'd like to put a mon that is one of the few oras ru mons that seems decent in this meta
I've only seen one set being used by others and have only used that set for myself aswell but AV Escavalier has proven to be a decent set. you could call it anti-meta or not idc but have a look at it.

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Knock Off/ Drill Run

the ev spread is basically the same as the oras RU spread but why fix something if it isnt broken!
The Assault vest and the 248 EV's dessignated to HP gives it the bulk it needs to switch into the likes of Alakazam, Metagross, Fairy's and Kyurem with relative ease and either pursuit trap them or hit them hard with a stab attack. Escavalier also proves to be an excellent counter to Celebi, which can be either pursuit trapped or ohko'd with a Megahorn. Knock off is there to get rid of Leftovers from bulky Water types like Suicune and Milotic or Eviolite's from Gligar and Doublade. Drill run is added as its an option to 3HKO defensive nidoqueen (or offensive versions lacking fire blast for some reason) but overall knock off is the preferred 4th move.
The 84 speed investment is to outspeed Slowbro and Slowking but it doesnt appreciate a scald burn if it decides to switch in, but the reward for it can be very good. OHKO'ing both with some chip damage for slowbro and only rocks for slowking.

Below some interesting calcs (all are basically the strongest moves or a specific situation)
252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Escavalier: 112-133 (32.6 - 38.7%) -- 98.6% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Escavalier: 104-122 (30.3 - 35.5%) -- 33.1% chance to 3HKO (earthquake is a 2hko after rocks)
176+ Atk Escavalier Megahorn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Metagross: 168-198 (55.8 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
176+ Atk Escavalier Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 76-90 (25.2 - 29.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Escavalier: 125-148 (36.4 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

176+ Atk Escavalier Drill Run vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Nidoqueen: 150-178 (39.1 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's obviously too early for sample teams because the meta is still a mess right now, but as many of you know, I've been using Nasty Plot Lucario to pretty good success. It obliterates stall and balance cores (better than SD imo) and still has the power to act as an outright attacker against offensive teams. It has slightly weaker priority, but it gets actual super effective coverage with it and Lucario does have marginally higher Special Attack (and a much more reliable Steel STAB on the special side) I still think SD is overall more threatening as it can perform better against offense due to stronger priority, but NP does a really good job against the current balance cores (and can actually set up on Umbreon and Suicune) I've posted replays with it in action, but I'm going to go ahead and share the team as it's been quite the effective one that, sans a reliable Fighting resist, covers most shit p. well.

Burst End (Gardevoir) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Healing Wish

Final Cross (Goodra) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt

Battle Soul (Lucario) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Vacuum Wave

Steel Strike (Metagross) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Atk / 104 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Drive Boost (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 232 HP / 160 Def / 116 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

Anchor Chain (Donphan) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 192 HP / 176 Atk / 140 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Comments and Other Options

Gardevoir:
Shadow Ball can be replaced by Trick, but the team already does pretty well against stall-oriented teams between Lucario and Goodra. HP Fire and Thunderbolt are altnerative coverage options, but I rarely ever click anything other than STABs or Healing Wish. Shadow Ball just gives the most imo since it can catch incoming Doublade and other various fat Psychic-types to drop them into Pursuit range.

Goodra: SpDef Gligar is admittedly somewhat of a pain for this team as Milotic lacks Ice Beam, so Muddy Water is a legitimate option over Thunderbolt. The Speed is enough for Honchkrow and Adamant Tyrantrum, but you could drop a little bit down to Jolly Pangoro (164 Speed) but this team lacks a Flying resist outside of Metagross (bopped by Sucker Punch) so outspeeding Honchkrow is pretty important for this team.

Lucario: Modest w/ Vacuum Wave allows Lucario to not fall flat against offensive threats that outspeed it, but Timid + Dark Pulse is an option to destroy Ghost-types. However, this team has a pretty easy time with Jellicent and Chandelure could very well be Choice Scarf anyway and destroy you. Aura Sphere can be used over Focus Blast, but you lose a ton of power against stuff like Suicune and AV Metagross (both are OHKOed by +2 Focus Blast, but can tank a +2 Aura Sphere) Swords Dance can probably be run as well, but I like being able to take advantage of a Suicune forced into Resting by Milotic without the threat of being burned by Scald.

Metagross: Shoutouts to slurmz for the EV spread as it allows Metagross to handle 2 Shadow Balls from LO Alakazam. Thunder Punch can be an option to hit Milotic, but Pursuit + BP work so well for this team. Zen Headbutt is nice STAB for the Fighting-types this team can struggle with, but again, it's hard to replace any move on this set.

Milotic: Haze is currently used in the last slot to stop fat boosters like Cresselia and Suicune from setting up and winning outright. Refresh is an option to deal with Toxic users, but in my experience, I don't end up keeping Milotic on the field for more than 2-3 turns at a time anyway, and Marvel Scale lets Milo easily absorb burns for the team. I have contemplated Ice Beam, but this team would fall flat against the likes of Reuniclus and Suicune otherwise.

Donphan: I do run some Speed on this, but I'm smart and won't reveal how much :p Otherwise, nothing much to say. SpDef EVs can easily be moved to Defense if desired. Otherwise, the spread just hits a Lefties number while maintaining some power with Donphan's moves (I feel Defensive is just way too weak offensively imo)

Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankrualpha-513532798 - This battle is pretty good as pretty much every team member ends up doing something in the battle. Goodra is blind af, but still gets rid of the one Pokemon that can take Dracos. Lucario surprises the opponent and sets up a chance for Donphan to get rid of all the hazards that resulted from Goodra being blind. It proceeds to set up a chance for Lucario to win if all goes well later. Milotic does what she does best; stops fat boosters from running through this team and it blocks Suicune hard. Goodra makes up for being blind by even taking +2 Dazzling Gleam and KOing Celebi. Sets up Lucario for a sweep, but it's blind. Thankfully, it holds on long enough to get rid of Swellow and Suicune. Milotic just wins after that because Marvel Scale is beastly and Gardevoir and BP Metagross were sitting in the back just in case a crit EQ ruined Milo at the end.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankrualpha-513855018 - A battle against Miyami where, once again, pretty much every team member does something useful in the match. Donphan immediately gets rid of Gligar's Eviolite, which proves crucial as it turns out to be SpDef Gligar (a Pokemon this team doesn't like too much) It then weakens Registeel enough to set up Goodra for later on. Turn 14 is the turning point as Goodra gets rid of Miyami's only resistance to Draco Meteor spam at this point. Milotic gets off the needed Toxic on Alomomola to keep it from having a chance to stall out Goodra or Gardevoir if that situation crops up later and keeping her healthy is imperative to keep Miyami's Goodra from getting good reads on my switch ins. Turn 20 is also key as Metagross is able to waste Hawlucha's Sitrus Berry to ensure Gardevoir can clean up late-game. The rest of the game is making sure Gligar and Grumpig don't get Wishes to be able to tank hits from Gardevoir and Goodra respectively. Goodra lands the key Draco on Gligar and Lucario is able to catch Grumpig upon switch in. From that point, Goodra is able to finish it with Gardevoir and Lucario in the back, just in case she gets outsped by Miyami's Goodra (I'm not max Speed ofc)

Hi, this is a balanced team I (with the help of thewall22) built around the core of Nidoqueen, Milotic and Escavalier. Escavalier is a standard assault vest set, with enough speed EVs to be able to outspeed the Slow brothers. It serves as a good trapper that is a very good check to certain troublesome pokemon, such as Alakazam, Metagross, Hoopa, Scarf Chandelure, and so on. Next on is Nidoqueen who serves as the stealth rock and toxic spikes (to pressure more bulky, stall like teams) setter of the team, which also checks pokemon like Mienshao and other bug types. Next is Milotic which is a good mixed (mostly special) wall that can phaze out mons and set up sweepers.

Togekiss uses a paraflinch set, with an emergency defog instead of heal bell, since hazards can become troublesome and because the team has plenty of status absorbers (hence marvel scale on milo). Also, thunder wave is necessary not only for flinching, but also to cripple pokemon for the sweepers, Mega Absol and offensive Celebi to do the cleaning.

Milotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail
- Recover

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 174 Atk / 4 Def / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Megahorn
- Pursuit

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

It's worth mentioning that you can run haze instead of dragon tail on Milotic if setup sweepers like Florges or Togekiss trouble you too much, and HP fire instead of recover on Celebi for Escavalier and Metagross.

With the burn nerf I've been using Guts Heracross w/Flame Orb to a certain degree of success. Quite a lot of Fighting types fell during this initial bit, and Heracross arguably has the biggest wallbreaking potential, with the possible exception of Mienshao. Speed is still quite an issue here but it has enough to get by slower walls. As long as people get rid of Zam and Crobat, neither could switch in anyway and Crobat doesn't want to get hit by Facade.

Last edited:

phantom

Banned deucer.
Just some thoughts on the initial meta:

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Kyurem is unsurprisingly incredible right now and one of my favorite Pokemon to use. I've been seeing a lot of SubRoost sets, which are fine, but I think Specs is definitely the way to go with this since it's far more dangerous given how easy it is to support. The immediate fire power and bulk is great to have since Kyurem can check a lot of obnoxious Pokemon from full like DD Feraligatr, NP Celebi, and NP Togekiss.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Magnet Rise

This is by far the best utility 'mon in the tier. The amount of Pokemon Klefki can check is insane and makes teambuilding a lot easier. It's very reminiscent of Escavalier in RU beta last gen and Cresselia in early ORAS in terms of the sheer amount of overbearing Pokemon it holds down, that include Alakazam, DD Haxorus, and Mega Absol. Magnet Rise is probably the best filler on this; it lets it gets Spikes up versus Nidos and check an incredible amount of setup sweepers reliant on Ground coverage to hit it. Klefki is one of the reasons why the tier is so hazard-centered right now since it's capable of beating nearly every remover and has multiple opportunities to set up Spikes.

Some other impressions:

- I never thought Swellow would be a top tier threat in RU, but given the hyper offensive nature of the meta, Swellow can take full advantage of that to perform at its best. I'd say Swellow Spikes with Klefki is one of the most consistent archetypes atm, which goes to show just how amazing Swellow has become.

- Anybody who's played the tier can attest to the fact that these are the two biggest threats atm. Alakzam is just amazingly consistent at everything it does, between breaking nearly everything with LO and being a pain in the ass for offense with its Sash set. Togekiss is pretty crazy since it just wins games on its own and makes it extremely difficult to use defensive teams. I have no idea why people bother running Defog on this since it's just a huge waste of its potential when Nasty Plot Togekiss can 1vs6 a ridiculous amount of builds.

- Rain teams are stupidly powerful, but can at least be checked with certain defensive cores, such as Goodra + Kabutops check. Rain is the next best thing behind Zam and Toge, but in contrast to them, Rain isn't as obnoxious due to the greater amount of options that can be used to hold it down.

- Sun has been underwhelming whenever I played against it. Between the fact that it just loses to rain, most of its sweepers get Koed by Alakazam in contrast to rain teams, and the fact that both Torkoal and Ninetales tend to be pretty suckish Pokemon in general holds it down. I've noticed that sun indirectly aids the Pokemon that attempt to check those teams too, like defensive Arcanine and Cresselia receive an extreme boost in their healing moves under it, which in turn makes it easier to check their sweepers.

- Aurora Veil is ridiculous and is the reason to use this. As if Z move setup sweepers weren't difficult enough to check, doing so while struggling to KO them makes it really hard to manage. I do think Ninetales-A, like Swellow, is benefiting from the heavy offensive nature of the tier to perform as well as it does, but even so, its Speed tier and access to encore makes it very consistent at setting up and difficult to exploit as it's doing so, and being able to hit every Defog user super effectively with its Ice STAB means it effectively keeps Aurora Veil up vs anything.

Burn nerf not only helps Heracross, but also stuff like Ursaring (have yet to test it) and mostly something that no one expects anymore and I really like it with proper support. That thing is Guts Swellow. Everyone expects Specs to the point that I don't even need to run Protect anymore as Specs Boomburt is that good at forcing switches. It still struggles with nasty Rock and Steel types, but fortunately there is one partner which works pretty well with Swellow in offensive duo core.

Partner in this duo ? Groundium-Z Diglett. Once you eliminate certain Rock / Steel type, Guts boosted STAB Facades / Brave Birds coming from Swellow hit pretty hard and make him really beastly cleaner. Probably simply Facade / Brave Bird / U-Turn / Roost with Flame Orb is best moveset for our birdie. Roost may be replaced with Steel Wing if you want to be able to deal some damage to Rock types after all. Also with U-Turn it's REALLY easy to bring Diglett in once Rock or Steel type is baited in. Also Diglett provides that opportinity switch on incoming electric attack with his immunity, but I would still be really cautious with this one as word squishy is understatement of the century.

Anyway this isn't near top-tier, but it's still pretty fun duo to play with and use against other players fact that everyone expect Specs set from Swellow.

Last edited:
IMG_0050.GIF

Sub Alakazam is really scary. Alakazam might be frail, but it forces a lot of switches, and can use sub to capitalize on them and protect itself from priority or pursuit. While it does lose out on coverage, it's very easy for your team to fill up any small holes that it doesn't fill, since psychic/psyshock, Focus Miss, and Shadow Ball are all you really need for most situations. Life Orb lets Alakazam hit almost everything for a ton of damage, and in general if a team relies on pursuit or priority to deal with zam, then sub will cause a lot of headaches.
IMG_0051.GIF

Crawdaunt is slow and frail, and can be hard to get in. If it get in though, something is going to get its face smashed in if the Crawdaunt user predicts correctly. Knock Off is super spammable since even resists hate switching into itand losing their item, and Crabhammer hits most things that do resist hard. Aqua jet let's it revenge kill many things, and depending on the set you can use coverage, like Aerial Ace to 2hko chesnaught after 1 layer of spikes, which doesn't like losing its item to knock off anyway, or you can even use Swords Dance to become virtually impossible to wall. DD is also pretty good, since it forces so many switches and can capitalize on the by setting up, and using Waterium Z allows it to blow away anything looking to switch in unless invested in Defense and resistant, which pretty much leaves Chesnaught as the only counter to this thing.

While there are a lot of busted things, I've been having fun on this ladder, and I'm excited for when the tier finally settles and we can get some stability.

Pepeduce

PepeDuce, le seul, l'unique ! #SGZ
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion

PriorityBro (Comfey) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Leech Seed
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

I didn't believe it at first but Comfey is a nice WinCon in late game, it has a niche I think. It get a 50 power STAB move and +3 priority so doesn't care about other prios except Fake Out. It's still very frail (take 40% on a Florges Moonblast) but it can stallbreak as well and prevent phazing, haze, Toxic or set up with Taunt. I run Leech Seed for chip damages on resist and a recovery stronger. Number of Draining Kiss PP (16 max) is a big issue mainly against the Pressure user because D Kiss is weak, you have to use it correctly.
I run 116 in Spe to outspeed a Oras OU spread Togekiss and Calm Mind first and don't be flinched to death but a Full HP investment could be nice in view of its bulk. (or 128 to taunt a jolly Slurpluff full speed)
It's totally locked by a Taunt Crobat and barely 2HKOed by a Snorlax return and you must have a good support to weaken Steel and Poison to have some happy Comfey sweep.

Some replays :

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankrualpha-513564419 Comfey stallbreaker
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankrualpha-514324109 a very close match, fortunately the opponent doesn't predict Taunt, Comfey could clean
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankrualpha-514333527 a match where it get the Match Up and shows its stallbreaker skill again

edit :

There are my DrainKisser teams which work well.

This team helps Comfey toclean in late game, fist thanks to Klefki with Spikes and can beat most Hazard Removal.
Crobat Band weakens Steel in general and is really good because most teams have not real Flying resist.
Donphan can spin and set the rocks as well.
Croak is not "conventionnal", is a double lure, Ice Punch for Gligar which can't defog anymore, same for Donphan. ice Punch can weaken Nido the queen as well for Comfey Sweep and K off is only for Doublade which is a Fairy resist.
Milotic is mixed Def because Nido the King is a problem, Rest/talk to get a Status Absorber and it's pretty annoying for the opponent in general.
Electrics are the real threat with Lucario which is a threat for everyone anyway.

Klefki (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon

Comfey (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Leech Seed
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

Crobat (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Cross Poison
- Defog

Donphan (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I like this team to but a bit less than the previous one. It's the same process in general. We have Nido the queen Phys Def to check Lucario, it set the hazards as well, a classic Crobat Support, Choice Band Metagross with Thunder Punch to touch Bulky Waters and gain some momentum but Earthquake is also good here, replace B Punch by Pursuit is a possiblity to weaken Crobat. My Milo RestTalk Mix Def is here again and even more to check Nidoking which are one of the big threat of the team. Cacturne set up spikes and pressure bulky waters.

Comfey @ Leftovers
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Leech Seed
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost

Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch

Milotic @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Cacturne @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Spikes
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Giga Drain

CutieBee (Ribombee) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Quiver Dance

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Swords Dance

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Hyper Voice

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Outrage

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost

Metagross @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash

There is another team which don't use Comfey but Ribombee. Sash Ribombee can clean like Comfey, after a Quiver Dance, nothing known in the metagame can outspeed it, it still weaks to priority.
For help it, there are Heracross Flame Orb which is a good Wallbreaker and a VoltTurn core to set the last one, Flygon scarf Defog (to remove Hazards for ribombee sweep) and Heliolisk LO (and water immunity ofc).
Gligar Phys Def to check any fight and almist any physical attacker and defog as well and Metagross Spe Def Pursuit because Kazam is there and I need Stealth Rock.
Ribombee can be run timid to outspeed Kazam 1st maybe, Araquanid is a big threat for this team, hard to deal with.

Last edited:

Senpai D.M

さようなら
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Dragon Tail

With all the offense / set up sweepers its nice to have a phazer to rely on. I personally use Slowking but Blastoise (roar) is still a good spinner as well and etc. You can't phaze fairies with this set but it pairs well with steels like metagross escavalier.. I hope you guys give it a try!

A Good' replay showcasing Slowking http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankrualpha-515272432

Last edited:
Dragon Tail seems like an inferior option to Roar due to the fact that it can't phaze Fairy-types. Considering that Togekiss, Florges, Comfey, etc all exist in the tier, I'd say Roar is almost always a better choice.

Edit: it's also blocked by substitute although dragon tail can't be prevent by taunt so that's nice.

Last edited:
Slowking doesn't learn roar so dtail is the best option it has. Suicune does, however. I've seen people use crocune with roar in UU and its a set Ive been wanting to try here, especially with Klefki now present as the ultimate Spikes setter. Has anyone had the opportunity to test such a team archetype?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Back again with more mons I've been using :D

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Slept on right now. Weak Armor got a buff in that it raises speed by +2 and not +1. I like this a lot for the same reasons it was good in XY honestly. SR and Spikes in one, beats all hazard removers, and Weak Armor is really good on it. I still need to use it/test it more but it's been guaranteed to at least always set up SR, though i've found myself getting SR and 1 layer of spikes a lot. It loses to Taunt sadly but I absolutely love the offensive presence it brings. If I got SR/1 spike down something's taking a chunk from hydro pump unless its resisted.

Use alongside Milotic, Doublade, a Scarfer and some random threats for better chances of success!!

eonx's crush (Milotic) @ Life Orb
Ability: Competitive
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Offensive Milotic in general. I wanted a mon that would deter defog. Milotic was perfect for that. Now I needed something to manhandle Celebi... and Milotic also happened to be a Celebi magnet. tbh I still haven't sniped any celebis yet (lol) but idk I didn't find a better move to run besides HP Bug, not to mention it has a good chance to OHKO non-bulky celebi after SR. There's scald I guess but I honestly rather HP Bug's coverage. HP Grass only hits swampert and other waters for like 20%.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Scarf Mienshao is honestly straight up broken. This thing is absolutely fucking insane. Having trouble with offense? +1 Flygon giving you trouble? Can't just quite outspeed that +1 Haxorus with a Scarf Gardevoir? Well, Mienshao just happens to fucking literally OHKO anything in offense w/ HJK. Just to show its power:

252 Atk Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 120 HP / 136+ Def Alomomola: 231-273 (46.1 - 54.4%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 162-192 (40 - 47.5%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Flygon: 297-351 (98.6 - 116.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Reckless Mienshao High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Haxorus: 271-319 (92.4 - 108.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Seriously, this thing is absolutely fucking amazing. It also happens to work well with Haxorus because they're both checked by the same things. So Mienshao could cripple some fairies and Haxorus comes in to clean up or vice versa.

sharpie (Haxorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Claw

LO 4 Attacks Haxorus. I don't know who came up with the idea first (I think it was Arifeen) but it's pretty amazing. Close to the power of CB (not quite there - it misses an OHKO on Celebi for example) while still being able to switch moves. It also bluffs DD sometimes so people think they'd life a dclaw but they get hit by the outrage B) Pretty good set imo. Ofc you can also just run DD or SD instead of Outrage or Dclaw so yeah.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Magnet Rise

This is by far the best utility 'mon in the tier. The amount of Pokemon Klefki can check is insane and makes teambuilding a lot easier. It's very reminiscent of Escavalier in RU beta last gen and Cresselia in early ORAS in terms of the sheer amount of overbearing Pokemon it holds down, that include Alakazam, DD Haxorus, and Mega Absol. Magnet Rise is probably the best filler on this; it lets it gets Spikes up versus Nidos and check an incredible amount of setup sweepers reliant on Ground coverage to hit it. Klefki is one of the reasons why the tier is so hazard-centered right now since it's capable of beating nearly every remover and has multiple opportunities to set up Spikes.
I definitely agree on Klefki tbh. It's fucking ridiculous and the most annoying Pokemon to fight when I'm running HO or just offense in general because it's GUARANTEED to get at least 2 spikes and twave something. Magnet Rise is so obnoxious too :s Nidoking has to run Fire Blast to hit it. It's super super good but I'd run twave over toxic myself just to annoy offense.

Sup Guys :) . I hope you are enjoying RU Alpha! It's quite a hectic tier and I know a lot of people have had trouble team building, myself included, and just enjoying the tier in general with threats such as Togekiss, Zam, Luke, Rain and many others making it hard to play in general but I assure you if you just keep at it and use the busted things yourself you will have a blast of a time :)! Also the end of the post may be some advice on team building and personally how I have been coping ;).

As for what I wan't to highlight for today:

Ah Sableye. Look at this now look at your favourite team. I am sure a lot of you see the massive weakness already. Well I hope to see more of this after this post! So what makes Sableye so good? Well firstly, its phenomenal typing combined with defensive spread of 50/75/65 allows it to check prominent threats such as: almost every non physical attackers; Alakazam, lacking gleam; suicune, provided it hasn't boosted too much and many others! What you will notice when you have this mon is that it can easily solo a majority of your opponents team due the fact that not many people are prepared for a specially defensive wall with access to will-o-wisp, to cripple physical attackers, along with taunt, which deters set up, and priority reliable recovery to stall out the opponent and wear them down without lefties and burn damage racking up. Crazy right. Furthermore, Most anti offence, reliable scarfers, besides Darmanitan, are not able to lock themselves into their most reliable stab due to its typing, Heracross and Mienshao - Fighting stab and Gardevoir - Psychic stab. It can easily fit on stall and balance as a phenomenal stallbreaker. It also makes a nice spinblocker ;).

1.However it is not without its weaknesses: Firstly, its typing and most optimum move pool invite in fire and fairy types (and strong special attackers which don't mind burn which are able to fire of strong attacks or support their team but having their item knocked off is very annoying. Due to this I would suggest partners who can take advantage of Sableye baiting in these types of mons.

2.While it's 50/75/65 is satisfactory, its nothing to write home about. It can be easily overwhelmed by strong special attackers and can be KO'd by the likes of specs Kommo-O after rocks. Speaking of rocks, it really dislikes all form of hazards since its walling capabilities will be hindered severely. It can only check certain mons in certain conditions as I mentioned earlier. Also Guts Cross and Mega Absol are annoying ;). I would suggest back up special and physical walls. (Look at replays for Sableye showcases!)

Now for a team! :) :

This team was the first successful team I built for this meta and I actually won a room tour with it. It was built around Dragalge(1) and hazard stacking. I will briefly go through the building process. The initial partner for dragon algae was Sableye(2) since it would work as a spinblocker and appreciate toxic spikes in order to breakdown cores easier and with taunt its able shut down all forms of removal. I then added Suicune(3) since this core was weak to strong physical fire types and also Suicune is a nice catch all check to most physical attackers. Sub CM Suicune gives me a nice sub pressure mon which can stall out the opponent with its move set and hazard support making it extremely hard to kill and just an annoying presence in general :) . I then decided on spikes support and klefki(4) was the most logical option. We all know what it does and if you don't read Spirit's post ;) . Now I wanted a scarf user to deal with offense since Dragalge likes slower teams and as a result something which can help my match up against offense would be useful. I think a reliable scarfer is the best way to help with this issue and I am sure a lot of people who have built already find this the best method to help against offence, or just throw on sash Zam ;). I concluded that Darmanitan(5) would fit best since it breaks through bulky steel types for Algae and baits in bulky waters which it can U-turn out on to let Algae set up T-spikes. Finally, my thought process was literally: I need a spinner and rocker = (6)DONPHAN!(Sorry EviGaro ;) ) But yeah those are the roles Donphan fills for this team and that's about it. It's a nice reliable balance squad so give it a go and any feedback is appreciated! (It is weak to things such as: Luke, Bulky waters, Goodra. Feraligatr, Celebi and togekiss :( . )

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankrualpha-514733128 Vs theswami514 - Sableye basically soloed his entire team bar Kommo-O :)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankrualpha-514852210 Vs shinychimchar16 - Shows how reliable this team is and we can play around bad matchups

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankrualpha-514857903 Vs FrozenCold - Sub CM Roar Cune putting in the finest of work to wear the opponent down with hazards so that Darm or Sableye could take care of the rest of the team.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pokebankrualpha-514867070 Vs Cammy≈Capre≠ - Hazard and Cune were really hard for the opponent to deal with and that was the Finals! :) .

I know Cyanize wanted to try hazard stack + Sableye so here you go mate and I hope you all give this team a go :) :

Darmanitan (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Roar
- Substitute

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Magnet Rise

Dragalge (M) @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 188 HP / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

FILLER :3
Like I mentioned in the OP, I have some advice to those who may be struggling with building. (Originally I was gonna make a post on my predictions for Beta and Official RU.) This is purely my way of building and in no way is the proven to be the most optimum way to do so. If anyone has another way of building which can help others to do so, feel free to post it but this how I have built some of my successful teams in this meta. As with all teams, you want to begin by choosing a mon to build around. From there you want to think of a strategy this pokemon appreciates and can fit well on a team which abuses this tactic. This is the polar opposite to Building around a certain team archetype, Balance,Bulky Offence, Stall etc., and by the end your team will fit into those common team builds. An example of my way of building is the team above:

It focuses on heavy hazard stack and wearing down the opponent for a cleaner while taking advantage of the stacking and breaking prowess of Dragalge, the focus of the team. I would advise, once you have decided on the mon you wan't to build around, to make a list of what would work well on a team with that mon and the strategy you wan't to focus on. It may be that you have decided that you wan't a spin blocker to aid Dragalge so the main options would be Doublade, Sableye and Chandelure. It may be that your team is unable to break through bulky steel types so in that case Chandelure would help break through them for Dragalge and the team while being able to spinblock in order to maintain the strategy of hazard stacking.

Here is the types of mons I wanted to pair with Dragalge(Starting mon) on hazard stack(Strategy):
Spinblocker
Spiker
Cleric
Spinner
Scarfer
Roar mon
Pressure mon

So making a mental or written/documented list of what you wan't after your initial mon and strategy have been decided would make it easier.

If you wan't a list of what mons can do what here is a compendium posted by Slurmz that will help you find out:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...-see-op-for-tier-list-ban-list.3587352/page-7

Thank you for reading my post! I hope you guys do try out the team and Sableye and of course any feedback/criticisms are all appreciated. As for my advice, I hope it has inspired you to build and just because we have such broken mons dosen't mean the tier isn't fun so I hope you to try RU Alpha and have fun doing so. Typical shout outs to my buddies in the RU Chat room :) .

Natural Talent

Don't die trying to live..
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Comfey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Draining Kiss
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis / Calm Mind

Probably my favorite mon to use as of now. Amazingly annoying, whether you use a stall breaking set or just use it to take on dragons and leech seed everything. Not many see it coming , for it it's sometimes even taken on teams by itself. With maximum investment in bulk it takes a whole lot of attacks & priority draining kiss is super annoying for dragon set up sweepers.

Here's a few teams i made that I have been using on the ladder to some success that have Comfey.

Comfey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Draining Kiss
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Roar

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Dragalge @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 204 HP / 252 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic Spikes
- Focus Blast

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball

Flygon @ Dragonium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Tail

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Facade

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Blizzard

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Comfey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Draining Kiss
- Leech Seed
- Calm Mind

Entei @ Normalium Z
Adamant Nature
- Howl
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Sacred Fire

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Lunar Dance
- Moonlight

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Blizzard

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Comfey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Draining Kiss
- Leech Seed
- Calm Mind

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
- Trick

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)