Project SM Ubers Teambuilding Competition (Round #10: Free Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess the winner of this round is me, (I Could Be Banned) Stevan's Sceptile. Congratulations to me. Will add the team to the team archive now.

I should mention though that the team may have a few problems against Yveltal, especially Scarf and probably even Defensive Charti Berry variants. Otherwise I've have a lot of fun playing with the team. Anyone is free to try it out.

Runner-up: -

Round #7 starts now. And here's your Pokémon:

Darkrai. You have time till the 1st of September at 11:59pm gmt -4 to reveal the darkness within you. Good Luck.

Darkrai + Arceus-Ground Gravity support

Howdy niggas, I’m here to bring back Darkrai through this team, well I’m gonna try at least. As you all know the Dark Void nerf has destroyed Darkrai’s specialty. So this is why I came up with a concept to artificially restore Darkrai back to the way it was in pre Gen 7 to a mild extent - Gravity support. Gravity is a move that boost move's accuracy by 1.67% and cause all Pokemon in battle to be grounded. This allows Darkrai's Hypnosis to hit at exactly 100% accuracy. Here's the move effect in depth - (https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gravity_(move)).

The next step is to find a good wielder of the move Gravity. The candidate I have in mind is Arceus-Ground with mono-attacking Calm Mind set because it can beat its checks like Ho-Oh, Celesteela, Bronzong, and Skarmory as the move removes Ground-immunity from Flying types or Pokemon with Levitate. I chose to run Calm Mind over Swords Dance because I don’t want the team to be weaker to Marshadow.

Now on to the Pokemon that synergise well with the core:

Firstly Primal Groudon is this team’s Stealth Rocker and mainly acts as soft checks to Fairies like Xerneas and Primal Kyogre. Giratina-Origin can Defog any hazard especially for Darkrai as it is easily worn down due to its poor bulk and doubles as a checks to bulky physical attackers such as E-Killer. Xerneas is this team’s win condition and can actually work well with Darkrai by threatening Fighting types that Darkrai is weak to. Lastly I need another Fairy check particularly Xerneas and I have yet to have a Mega Pokemon on this team so obviously I decided to use Mega Lucario who appreciates Darkrai for threatening Ghost types and also wall-breaks the opposing bulky teams so Darkrai can clean up.

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Thunder
- Nasty Plot
- Hypnosis

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Gravity

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roar
- Toxic
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Defog
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Toxic

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lucario-Mega (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance

Last edited:
*le me, seeing only one entry and a day left in the competition*
welp, time to throw some shit together so that we can actually call this a competition

Deoxys-Speed @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Stealth Rock

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 168 HP / 240 Atk / 36 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge

Marshadow @ Marshadium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat

Arceus @ Chople Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

• Before anyone asks, yes this is indeed similar to the sample team made by the ORAS Council last gen. I didn't realize just how much until someone asked why Marshadow over Mence. Anyways, there are enough differences that come from both my teambuilding and the changes that had to be made with the new gen (Marshadow) that I just decided to post this instead of waste time trying to build another ass team.
  • Obviously, Darkrai was the base. It's extremely standard so I see no need to expand
  • Next up, I wanted a way to get Darkrai a chance to setup as well as some hazard support to get kills, which originally lead me to Cloyster, but eventually got me to use Deo-S because of dual screens
  • Since this is Ubers, Groudon was already on the team, but Deo-S allowed me to mess around with a Dual Dance variant. While the sheer power at +2 is amazing, it doesn't work if you never hit, and thus my anger lead me to use Hone Claws. Sounds like a meme, but you'd be surprised to hear it works wonders
  • I wanted a way to hit Giratina and Zygarde, who at this point were dominating the team since I lost Cloyster, so Xerneas allowed me to do just that
  • E-Killer's ability to knock down walls and pick off the few things that could wall Dark/Grou/Xern and kill was vastly needed, Chople is for pesky Marshadow
  • Speaking of Marshadow, I resorted to one of my own. This 'mon is stupid good, 'nuff said

kilometerman

Banned deucer.

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Psych Up
- Recover

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Glare
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

EVs: 168 HP / 252 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Seeing Poisonceus reminded me of a simple defensive core I built around a while ago which was Poisonceus+Zygarde-100. So I started off with that. Zygarde handles physical attackers with Glare and Thousand Arrows while Poisonceus handles Xerneas.

So a problem with using Poisonceus is that you can't use your Arceus form as your defogger. So Giratina-O was the next step as it gave me hazard support and an answer to special Groundceus which otherwise hurts Poisonceus+Zygarde. At this point I was pretty weak to Yveltal so I thought Ho-Oh would be a good choice. Ho-Oh does very well against Yveltal (as long as it isn't carrying Knock Off) and since I don't need to use it as my Xern answer I can run a banded set that focuses on wallbreaking. Every Ubers team needs Primal Groudon, so that's what I put in next. It sets up rocks and switches into Primal Kyogre which otherwise causes this team trouble. Now for the last slot I noticed the team was really slow and also lacked any priority. Marshadow was the obvious choice to fill this gap. It has good speed and strong priority and STABs.

(Rayquaza) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Draco Meteor
- V-create
- Extreme Speed

(Groudon) @ Red Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Tomb

(Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

(Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog

(Yveltal) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Heat Wave

(Arceus-Poison) @ Poisonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Recover

I made this team about a month ago and I've played a couple hundred games with it and it's performed well 90% of the time. Sash ray lead is strong as it isn't common so most people aren't prepared for it. It dishes out a large amount of dmg and can maybe even kill mons if your opponent doesn't know how to deal with it. When I first built this team I had spdef pdon but it was suggested that I use an offensive set, but they both work well. This team uses SD poisonceus with z move of course and it works well to check xern (unless it has psychic move). It can also switch in on a waterceus/fairyceus lead to stop them from stalling out dragon ascent with recover. Since poisonceus obviously can't be defogger, I chose giratina o for that as it can easily stop pdon and get damage off with earthquake. Scarf yveltal stops psychic terrain teams and marsh, but psychic terrain teams aren't that popular so you could switch to specs or life orb and use it as a bluff, this works 9/10 times and you'll be able to get great dmg off on another mon. MMY is a good addition to this team as it can overwhelm many pokemon due to its crazy speed and spa stats, along with its coverage. It can usually just sweep stuff up late game and can put in a lot of work if marshadow isn't present. (This probably isn't the best description ever but it's my first time doing this for a team so I tried my best.)

Palkia @ Psychium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Heal Block
- Fire Blast

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power Fire

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Lava Plume

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Protect

EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Defog
- Draco Meteor

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Recover

Well, this team already had it done a few weeks ago and it suits me well for the occasion. It is based on Poison Ceus, which I have never tried before and seeing that it is not a bad way because I decided to fit it. In addition to having a 30% status is a decent check of Xerneas. The coverage Ice Beam and FBlast is for common dragons + Iron / Scizor. Steela to support the team and taking advantage of spam fire in almost everything I put Protect. It is a good response to a possible Z Geomancy. Palkia Z Heal Block to not be so passive, to have good match up in general or simply to clean. PDon is another of my Xerneas checks and the one that owns the important move like SR. Another one that I also consider the same is Defog, that takes it Gira-O and is my insurance vs PDon / Groundceus thanks to Wow. Xerneas is not much to explain, it's like Palkia. He also needed to fit Yveltal and to top the rival.

Team Skull Sucks thx.

Last edited:

Palkia @ Psychium Z
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Heal Block
- Fire Blast

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power Fire

Groudon @ Red Orb
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Lava Plume

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Protect

Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Defog
- Draco Meteor

Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Recover
yaccident, post: 7500034, member: 406826"]

Palkia @ Psychium Z
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Heal Block
- Fire Blast

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power Fire

Groudon @ Red Orb
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Lava Plume

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Heavy Slam
- Protect

Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Defog
- Draco Meteor

Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Recover
[/quote]

You forgot your team description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)