Smells Like Team Spirit!!

Team Overview
The goal of this team is to basically support each other with enough synergy and a decent amount of prediction in order to destroy the opponent's counters for each of my Pokemon and hopefully achieving victory.

Deoxys-S@Light Clay
252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
Pressure

Light Screen
Reflect
Stealth Rock
Taunt

A pretty much basic dual screening Deo lead. sets up both screens so the opponent's attacks are completely half-assed. Taunt is so other leads cant set up at all to my lead. I really really need SR on my team so it's definetly on my lead. I really depend on rocks to ruin the opponent's key sweepers and possibly ruin a sash'd opponent.

How it supports its teammates: It weakens all attacks sent to any pokemon as long as it's alive and can set up. It also sets up rocks that could ruin another team's sweeper or sash as stated above.

Flygon@Choice Scarf
252 Atk / 120 SpA / 136 Spe
Naughty Nature
Levitate

Draco Meteor
U-Turn
Stone Edge/Flamethrower
Earthquake

Another basic set here. I really miss using Flygon, as Chomp really owned it in terms of stats, but I always still had a soft spot for Flygon. It serves as my mixed sweeper and can sorta surprise anyone who sees it that isn't ready for it. I Draco Meteor anything that doesn't have a high SpA stat or that doesn't resist Dragon. I really despise Stone Edge's accuracy so I may switch it out for Flamethrower since it offers basically the same coverage.

How it supports its teammates: It's immune to electric attacks as well as ground attacks and is resistant to fire attacks, all 3 doing tremendous amounts of damage to all of my "pure" sweepers. It also has enough offense in its arsenal to wreak havoc on the Pokemon who use it unless they pack ice attacks which is why I have a....

Heatran@Salac Berry
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
Flash Fire

Lava Plume
Earth Power
Substitute
Hidden Power Electric/Grass

A little out of the ordinary, but basically the same. Heatran can take any ice attack directed toward Flygon like a beast as well as absorb fire. The moveset's a LITTLE odd so i'll explain. Lava Plume vs Flamethrower i'm having trouble with. I enjoy burning Pokemon a LOT, but the power is a little ehhh weak sometimes, so i'm considering flamethrower. I'm a real picky person when it comes to accuracy so that's why I don't even have Fire Blast as an option. Earth Power is standard against opposing heatrans (though Scarftran is a problem) and Magnezones. I changed Dragon Pulse to substitute as Lava Plume's burn will greatly benefit Heatran, crippling any Dugtrio that's trying to kill my Heatran, and hopefully the screens will still be up, allowing even more resistance to the Earthquake.

How it supports its teammates: It absorbs Fire, which is my key sweeper's main and only weakness. It also can take any stupid ice or dragon attack like a complete beast and combined with reflect/light screen, they won't really be doing much to Heatran. Its movepool has coverage against everything so that's a big plus as it's a special sweeper.

Kingdra@Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
Adamant Nature
Sniper

Dragon Dance
Substitute
Waterfall
Return/Outrage

Nihilus suggested this for my team. Its overall bulkiness is amazing and combined with the dual screens, it should have more than enough time to set up and sweep. Behind a substitute, it's even harder to take down as it can't be statused.

How it supports its teammates: Only one weakness and being extremely bulky really makes it a devistating sweeper. Dual screens just add to its sturdiness. Resisting Fire 4x is a BIG plus for my Scizor as well.

Gengar@Choice Scarf
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Timid Nature
Levitate

Shadow Ball
Trick
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast

My revenge killer on the special side. I love TrickScarfGar so I replaced the WishBliss for it to make the team more offensive. It moves fast enough and has a reliable STAB move. the only thing I don't like about it is Focus Blast's accuracy which is absolutely terrible to me and is something I can't depend on in clutch. But it's there for coverage so it works.

How it supports its teammates: Absorbs any fighting attack thrown at Heatran or ground attack thrown at Heatran. Makes a really handy revenge killer and puts a dent in almost everything.

Scizor@Life Orb/Leftovers
252 Atk / 232 HP / 24 Def
Adamant Nature
Technician

Bullet Punch
Swords Dance
X-Scissor/Roost
Superpower/Roost

I've had this on my team even before it was allowed Bullet Punch. Bullet Punch is just a blessing for my favorite Pokemon and it isn't afraid to abuse it. X-Scissor offers a really reliable STAB, while Roost provides a cancellation to the stupid Life Orb recoil. Superpower is a BIG BIG move on Scizor as it can stop the Pokemon that wall it most commonly or that counter it, (Magnezone, Heatran). Still I'm willing to give it up for Roost if I really need Roost, or I can just pack lefties and have both of them.

How it supports its teammates: The big key sweeper of the team. Once the rest of the team takes down its counters, sweeping with Scizor is a breeze with the most powerful priority attack in the game besides STAB Sucker Punch.

Threats: I barely do threats-list so there will be a LOT of things missing here, but I will just post the major threats.

Zapdos: One big threat, if carefully taken care of by my whole team, it can be taken down. Kingdra can absorb most of its attacks with its bulkiness and will KO it after few DDs and STAB Waterfall

Infernape: As long as it isn't scarf'd, Flygon can pound it with a Draco Meteor or an EQ and hopefully kill it or at least wear it down so Life Orb kills it.

Tyranitar: Flygon is immune to the sandstorm and can EQ it to death. It also won't enjoy a nice TechSTAB Bullet Punch from Scizor or a DD'd Waterfall from Gyara.

Heatran: Through careful prediction, it can be taken out efficiently even if it means sacrificing one of my Pokemon. if it's scarfed, then Flygon will EQ it.

Prediction: Probably the biggest threat to my whole team. They heavily depend on each other to cover each other's weaknesses, so if one is taken down carelessly, then it could mess up my whole team for the rest of the game and most likely will end in a loss.

Old Team members:

Blissey@Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
Natural Cure

Softboiled
Wish
Seismic Toss
Ice Beam/Thunder Wave

A little out of standard Bliss. I really don't like using Bliss as much, but it fit the role I need rather well, so that's why I'm using it. Blissey's main role is a Zapdos wall as Zapdos has a BIG BIG chance of sweeping my whole team. Blissey stops it cold with Ice Beam, stop it dead in its tracks with T-Wave, or S-Toss it to death. Wish is for team support, while Softboiled is more of an immediate healing method. I'm not that really good at handling EV spreads for Bliss so I'd like some help on that as well. I need help on choosing either Ice Beam or T-Wave though.

How it helps its teammates: Wish support. Wish support is there so I can heal some of my weakened sweepers due to a false mistake on my part. It stops a big key threat to my team, Zapdos, which has the potential to knock out every one of my team given the right spread.

Gyarados@Leftovers
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
Intimidate

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Ice Fang/Stone Edge/Iron Head
Waterfall

Ahh I haven't used Gyara in one of my teams in a looooong time. This is the set I've used most and it's done its job quite well I must say. Strategy's simple as always, bring it on on hopefully an EQ, DD up and attempt to sweep. If something bad comes in, I have Pokemon to absorb the electricity with relative ease. The 3rd move's been bugging me, Ice fang's always handy, but sometimes it just doesn't have enough power. Stone Edge's always helped me, but as always I hate its accuracy. I noticed in Plat that Gyarados got access to Iron Head so I thought i'd put it up just for kicks and to see if it gave Gyara any benefit at all.

How it supports its teammates: One of my 2 key sweepers on my team. It dodges EQ and is resistant to fire, 1/2 of the key weaknesses on the team. If used correctly, Gyara can possibly sweep a team that doesn't have a clue on how to handle Gyara, which there are probably few of, but regardless Gyarados is one of the biggest threats in the game.

What is the use of Deoxys E as a dual screen lead?
Is there any specific use, or are you just using him because dual screens are cool?
I suggest using a bulkier spread for gyara to take advantage of these dual screens. If you are going to use them, you might as well use them to set up a poke. Or you can switch out gyara for a subDD kingdra, who is bulky enough to DD with the subs.

Use quick attack over x-scissor on your scizor. This team looks like it cannot handle infernape once the screens are down.

Use substitute over dragon pulse on heatran. It will ease your predicition and my force your opponent to sacrifice a poke to take out the sub. Also, use lava plume over flamethrower, the increased chance of burn is great behind a sub. It cripples gyra and pert switch ins. It also annoys other switch ins as well. The choice between hidden power grass/elec depends who you fear more, Gyara or Pert? This team seems to handle pert easier, so i would use hidden power electric.

I dont think that blissey fits in this team very well. Sure, she can wall a hell of a lot of things, but she cant do much. She kinda just sits there, while the rest of your team is very offensively oriented. In its place i suggest a revenge killer, namely scarftrickgar.
Gengar@Choicescarf
timid 4 Hp/252 spd/252 SpA
-Shadowball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Trick

This will help you revenge kill gyara's if they have a DD in. Another cool alternative is Scarfstarmie.

Now that you have a reliable revenge killer who can do some damage, i support switching your Flygon to a Choice banded one. It should be jolly so it can outrun all lucario who likes to run ice punch now.

Hope this helps, it should push your team to a more offensive level

all right i like that idea of a trickscarfgar. I used it once before and it was completely awesome and it messed up the other team. Sub is another awesome idea with Lava Plume so I'll change that. I mainly use a Dual-Screening lead well 1 because it is kinda a cool idea and i wanted to try it out, and 2. it weakens all the 4x weaknesses on my team even further and if i predict wrong, then it could really save my ass. As for the choice band on Flygon, it's a mixed sweeper so I'm not sure how Draco Meteor will benefit it, but it does benefit the Earthquake and such. I also use it as a kind of revenge killer though, mainly for opposing Heatran trying to come in and destroy me. Most Apes aren't scarfed as well so it harms ape to an extent.

If you plan on keeping the dual screens, i HEAVILY suggest a subDDkingdra in place of the gyara. Its bulky enough to take advantage of the screens/subs/basicallynoweak. Also i suggest a salac berry on heatran if you are using subs, it will not take away too much HP like LO with the subs, and it will allow you to basically have a free moving scarftran!

Hmm, seems like a reasonable idea. I was using lefties to somewhat rectify the sub damage but salac sounds better, ill change that as well. SubDD Kingdra is also another interesting idea, one I may be willing to try. If i don't plan on keeping screens though, what are some possible suggestions for a lead?

For a lead, crobat is a pretty solid bet.
Crobat@Leftovers
Nature:Timid
Ev's:160 HP / 132 SpA / 216 Spe
~ Hypnosis
~ Taunt
~ U-turn
~ Air slash/ Aerial ace

As the fastest sleeper in the game, and with access to U-turn for a Damaging switch out, i Think that he really fits well with your synergy theme. He would also give your team more coverage with flying STAB. http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/crobat theres a more detailed analysis of the moveset.
Good luck with your team, i look foward to battling it in the future!

Hmm...Crobat...all of these suggestions sound really fun and interesting to use. If I use crobat though, i'm putting wide lens because it gives Hypnosis that awesome boost it really needs. And is another electric weakness worth it? I guess if I use kingdra it'll help but if i stick with Gyara, then it may prove to be a little thorn in my side when it comes to pokemon like Jolteon. Also that removes my only way of setting up rocks. BTW can someone give me the EV spread and moveset for the SubDD Kingdra?

Its max speed/ max Hp/ 4 atk adamant
use leftovers
i suggest you keep deoxys E if you are using kingdra. It allows him to set up quite nicely.
rocks and screen support are very helpful for kingdra

Oh, and I stills stand by on my point to Choiceband Flygon
It will give those U-turns an extra kick.
And he is fast enough.
Plus, Flygon kicking physical wall's asses is just great
It also allows him to beat zapdos and vaporeon (after he is roughed up a little bit) with outrage

Hmm, so you're basically saying i change Flygon from a mixed sweeper to a physical sweeper, hmm well I'll think about it. I'll use scarf until i really need the power and if I do i'll band it. thanks!

Dual screen lead deoxys sucks I just laugh when my opponent always sends it out and I kill it in 2 hits while all they get is stealth rocks and a temp wall you could use anti starter metagross instead he still gets rocks and can still be a threat late game.

can you give me the EV spread and moveset for the anti-lead gross? i just experienced the gayest battle in my life. the dude i battled got 3 crits on my key sweepers and i lost the match because of that. i might actually get rid of that deoxys for a better lead

bump I need something more useful than the Deoxys lead since it only helps me for the first 7-8 turns and now i only use it to set up rocks and taunt rather than DSing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)