Smocon 07 - Coming or not?

Are you coming to Smocon 07?

• Yes. I am a definite attendee.

Votes: 18 9.9%
  • I am planning on it, but haven't finalized anything yet.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • I am not coming, and I don't know why I am bothering to vote at all.

Votes: 135 74.6%

• Total voters

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That was a blast. Anyway we had 17 definite attendees and got 12 at a highpoint. 8 stayed at the hotel with us, which put us at capacity. I need to take my videos and pictures off my camera so we can share with the world... bi chaos and Happy Brain vs. The Riddler.

... and the crazy Mushrooms.

Basics Smocon Warstory Cont'd

Okay, so we're deciding what to do after seeing the CN Tower. cloud has to go, so we walk with him a bit until he gets to the Subway station and leaves. I'm starting to feel sobriety creeping up on me, so naturally I suggest we burn some more tree. cloud is gone and Kongler didn't want to smoke though, so I wasn't about to blaze by myself. Oh well. Fish (I think it was Fish anyway, maybe Arti) decides we're going to see Transformers. I don't remember much of the walk there, except challenging Atlas to a freestyle rap battle, which I'm like 90% sure he would have done if Fish hadn't intervened, lol. At some point, Judd earned himself the nickname "Juddernaut" for his inclination to walk where-ever the fuck he wanted to, and street lights/vehicles be damned.

Glalie assured us he knew the way to the theatre, asked me if I knew what he was talking about, and I nodded and pretended I was listening. I didn't want to catch flak if Glalie led us astray. :P Anyways, it turned out he actually did know where he was going, and we headed into the theater. We all bought our tickets, then I found an extra one, which later turned out to be Fish's (he took his receipt from the machine, and left the ticket). Show time was like an hour from then, so we all sat down in their lounge-ish area and talked for a bit.

At one point I went out for a cigarette with Kongler, and our conversation was pretty cool, I think. I think it's interesting to learn how someone his age gets into Pokémon, so yeah, it was pretty cool. A bunch of us bought over-priced theater food, and the Jasons went out and bought water from a convenience store down the street. We all piled into the theater a bit later, to watch the movie. The place was kinda packed, so we couldn't all sit together, but we were pretty close, with just like an aisle separating us. Kongler and, I think it was Atlas had left a seat between the two of them, and like halfway through the movie, a 60-year-old asian man sat between the two of them, and, I'm told, promptly fell asleep. Atlas seems to attract all the odd ones, lol.

Anyway, the movie was pretty sweet (this was the second or third time I'd seen it, but it's still awesome). We decided to go back to the hotel. By now it was like 10:30, so I knew I had to be heading back home some time soon, so I'd make it there before... I dunno... dawn. (Those who've taken Toronto Transit after 1:00 in the morning should know what I'm talking about). Originally I was planning to just head to the Subway station when we got the hotel (they were right next to eachother), but the I was like "OH WAIT! DOOMMULLET IS HERE NOW!"

I didn't think I'd be able to forgive myself if I missed the chance to meet Adam, so I was like "Fuck a subway", and headed into the hotel with everyone else. We all packed into a pretty nice hotel room, and Adam was sitting there with his guitar. We all sat around chatting, and Kongler went to the other room and took a nap. We uh... watched the news, watched Fish's Pokémon video (or half of it at any rate), then it was like 11:30, and I was like "Yeah, I really better get going." We took a bunch of pictures, which I assume will be posted some time, then the rest of the guys headed out to eat, and Glalie and I went home on the Subway. I got home, received a scolding from my dad, and went to bed.

Overall, everyone seemed pretty cool. Fig and Atlas didn't talk a lot, but I think they had a good time anyway. Maybe I'll see some of you again, but until then, take it easy.

Aw damn dude. I live in Toronto so it would've been AWESOME to attend this but I went on vacation to New York for the week.

You need to arrange something like this later in the year or I just need to check this forum more often. It sounded like a fun time.

Maybe next year I'll have the money and the motivation to hit up Smocon 08! Would be good to finally sleep^H^H^H^H^H meet up with the good old boys from AH, point and laugh at a RPGamer IRL, manhandle pikacharma wait hang on is this keyboard working nothing's coming out help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)