Smocon08: Las Vegas!

DM I livein Vegas just in case you didn't know, so I'll be staying at my house. Just telling you so you don't book me a spot in one of the rooms not knowing I wouldn't even be staying there ;).

And I just noticed this but for some reason my post count keeps going down. I had 1150+ posts two weeks ago, and now I have 983...

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
tangerine is prolly going ape shit in stark and deleting threads.

also dm, you need to put me on the going list please :)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Heh, I've been meaning to update this but just keep forgetting. Thanks for the reminder!

Okay, so the hotel guests are as follows: DM, Arti, Jump, Fish, Jimmy, Atlas, zerowing (I have not heard back from kongler, but I guess he'd have the 8th spot if he came). 2 rooms. Works out pretty well, even if one person is technically "extra" in one room.

Also, I have been looking into shows. I can get tickets at great discount through a program at work, and I'm looking at Cirque Du Soleil. For $100 a ticket, we can see Mystere or Ka. Of course, for the same price we could also see Zumanity, which is their adult-themed show.

Already on board for tickets are Arti, Jump and myself; the way we would do it is you mail me a check for $100 and I put it all on my card. Let's set the deadline for this for... next Friday, July 11. That'll give us all plenty of time to mail checks and buy tickets.

RESPOND ASAP IF YOU'RE ATTENDING!!!

some advice about shows: Ka>Mystere imo

edit: Now that i've put more thought into it, Ka is probably the most mind blowing thing you will ever see preformed on a "stage"

some advice about shows: Ka>Mystere imo

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure I saw Mystere last time I was in Vegas and wasn't very impressed, going to check and make sure I'm not thinking of the wrong thing though.

EDIT: Yep just talked to my parents about it, that's the one. For what its worth both my dad and I fell asleep during it but at least my mom liked it I guess.

I just got back from Vegas this weekend. Second time in two weeks, lol. If you guys are planning to hit the clubs...Tryst (Wynn), LAX (Luxor), Jet (Mirage) and Pure (Caesar's) are all pretty damn poppin'. Tryst and LAX being my favorite spots for the Vegas night life.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
this sounds good dm. any way to send you money through your bank though? (i dont trust snail mail)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I have no clue, but I'll look into it. Hell, I could always make a PayPal account just for this.

EDIT: Also, thanks for your input on the shows guys. Okay, so dropping Mystere, that leaves Ka and Zumanity left.

Dane I just got back from vegas now I'm in LA plus I'm poor at the moment.

Anyone got 3K? I'll give it back after gambling lol

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
bump

so what time/day is everyone arriving/leaving. i think i want to extend my days there as well since i took 2 weeks off.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
Okay guys, I updated the first post with the new attendee: Kongler!

Also, like Atlas said let's get a list of arrival and departure times so I can edit them into the OP as well. I think I meant to do this awhile ago, but well, you know me.

Also, I have set up PayPal for you guys to get me money for the Cirque Du Soleil tickets: send it to albojak@gmail.com. $100 per ticket, Fish and VapHaze are already paid up. I'm setting the deadline for this for July 25 so I can make sure I get them ordered and whatnot.

Also, I only have Warthog listed under attendees from LV. I know others have posted saying that they live there, but I want to get confirmation from EVERYONE attending.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I went to a few Cirque du Soleil shows as a kid when the company was still young.

It's become so huge since, one of the best things to come from Québec.

Hope you guys have fun because fuck those tickets are sort of expensive!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
Rad. And thanks for reminding me Arti, Fish had already listed the times nicely in that one PM convo we had.

EDIT: Just added an itinerary to the OP.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
Okay, I've received payment for Cirque Du Soleil from Arti, Fish, VapHaze, Atlas and zerowing. I need it from you other guys if you want to go!

Also, can someone get a hold of Kongler and tell him about this thread? I know his internet is spotty, but I want to make sure he's up to date on everything.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
got i booked my tickets today. ill be arriving thursday night at around 10 i think, and leaving around noon on monday. ill edit the exact times once they become available.

arriving: thursday 10:35pm

leaving: monday 12:15 pm

woot! yeah i'm there!!! i get paid this weekend dm and i'll mail you a check for a bill for the floorshow. sorry i haven't checked this thread earlier :x i'll send you my flight times, etc.

okay Saturday (August 23rd) I wont be able to do much of anything until late at night because I'll be busy.. be regarding w/e happens I should have at least 1 or 2 days to still hang out with most of you guys.

I don't know why but for some reason I'm not on the "going" list anymore. I live in Vegas, so I'll definitely be there, and I can probably pick some people up at the airport and drop them off at their respective hotels if they'd like. However, I won't be able to gamble/go to the show/drink/etc., so I'm pretty much limited to just chilling or walking around the mall or whatever.

But I'll definitely be there to hang out for a day or two ;). Wouldn't miss it for the world.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
Okay man, cool. I hadn't seen any posts from you in this thread for a while so I wasn't sure of your status.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)