Smogon Brawl Tournament #4 - Site vs Site THE MATCHUPS!!

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Now its time for the Brawl site vs site tournament! The matchups are given down below and contact info for your opponent will be pmed to you so make every effort to contact your opponent, and don't lose, we don't want to write an essay!

Secondly, the website we are brawling is cheapassgamer.com, a forum/website that lists nearly every upcoming deal on video games, so you can snag some great deals on any new games you want. The CAG Brawlers have participated in 3 forum based tournaments and they also felt it was time to extend their brawls beyond their forum. As long as you refrain from lurking around the brawling threads, feel free to visit cag all you want.

The rules:
Match-ups will be based on rank so #1 vs #1, #2 vs #2, etc
Singles 1vs1
3 Stock
No items
Best 2 out of 3
Stage selection will be Random Neutral (choose whichever neutral you want), One player chooses, Other player chooses, no loser counterpicks, picks will be made in advance to ease communication between opponents
Communication will be done via AIM or Email
Each match-up will be worth points based on the seed

The losing forum will write a 3 paragraph essay on several topics (to be revealed later)

Neutral stages:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Counterpick stages:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Circuit
Norfair
Pirate Ship
Brinstar
Corneria
Green Greens
Jungle Japes
Onett
Pokemon Stadium
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
The matchups:
Each matchup will have a note on who picks the 2nd and 3rd stages

1. FallMoon vs. Maku~thehowlingvortex~ -maku 2nd, fallmoon 3rd
2. Arikado vs. Dunk -arikado 2nd, dunk 3rd
3. evergoo vs. HotGarbage -hotgarbage 2nd, evergoo 3rd
4. maigoyume vs. Mr. Escalator -maigoyume 2nd, mresc 3rd
5. suko_32 vs. CHOMPY -chompy 2nd, suko 3rd
6. JoeB1233 vs. Thunderhorse -joeb 2nd, thorse 3rd
7. Zitanix vs. Colin -colin 2nd, zitanix 3rd
8. Mr. Beef vs. sam388 -mrbeef 2nd, sam 3rd
9. Jack vs. Umby -umby 2nd, jack 3rd
10. Daisydog vs. Shaky -daisydog 2nd, shaky 3rd
11. dmunkee22 vs. dbolt -dbolt 2nd, dmunkee 3rd
12. dyeknom vs. Yoshi King -dyeknom 2nd, yoshiking 3rd
13. BlueLobstah vs. MrE -mre 2nd, bluelobstah 3rd
14. Strell vs. zerowing -strell 2nd, zdub 3rd
15. hero101 vs. Phiddlesticks -phiddle 2nd, hero 3rd
16. Rig vs. Chali -rig 2nd, chali 3rd

Contact info will be pmed to you, make every effort to contact your opponent

Any questions? Ask!

Anticipated fighting maigoyume a while back, so nothing new here!
Dunno if I like this stage pick system that's going on, though.

Ah well, I will just roll with it :]
AND WIN.

Sorry guys, but I came up short against FallMoon! Her Zamus is RAPE!! Dunk would definitely have been the better choice for that match! =P

1st match: Lucas vs. Falco (I won)
2nd match: Lucas vs. Zamus (she won)
3rd match: Lucas vs. Zamus (she won) =D

They were excellent games and for those of you who thought I should have used the Puff, trust me...the friendlies we had afterwords said otherwise! x3

Good luck to EVERYONE ELSE!! =P
Do your best! =D

THANKS ALOT MAKU!

actually I'm joking. You gave it your best and that's all that matters. Everyone knows that the dream team (me, Esc, and HG) will pick up the slack (oh, and Dunk maybe).

I won 2-0 against my opponent suko_32 that game was laggy as hell.

Game 1: Diddy VS Marth Battle Field 2-0 (I won)
Game 2: Pokemon Trainer VS King DeDeDe Delfino Plaza 1-0 (I won)

his marth spammed the Fair and Fsmash alot and I could have done much better if it werent for the button lag. I tried to mind game him but like I said before its because of button lag. His D3 was mediocre and I cant believe that my Ivysaur gave him a tough time. The Up B wasnt working and I could have survived much long and 2 stock him with just ivysaur alone.

How good is Arikado?
well, i beat him. so take that as you will lol.

not sure if you are supposed to know the opponent's main or not, so...

*snip*

also i'm very surprised that joe used game and watch on thunderho...i've never seen him play gw, ever. o_O his yoshi is beast, he should have used the dino. his secondary ddd is solid too, but i'm guessing thunderho plays falco...so i guess that explains it.

tbqh, if arikado is second on their list, yall have this in the bag, even if maku lost.

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
well, i beat him. so take that as you will lol.

also i'm very surprised that joe used game and watch on thunderho...i've never seen him play gw, ever. o_O his yoshi is beast, he should have used the dino. his secondary ddd is solid too, but i'm guessing thunderho plays falco...so i guess that explains it.

yall have this in the bag, even if maku lost.
Please do not jinx Team Smogon. It would be bad.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't see the issue with lurking, but ok.

So, do I sandbag with Marth or actually play with Marth? I have a better chance of winning online if I sandbag, but feel I might look like an asshole if I do.

I don't see the issue with lurking, but ok.

So, do I sandbag with Marth or actually play with Marth? I have a better chance of winning online if I sandbag, but feel I might look like an asshole if I do.
Sandbag with Sonic.

Also I don't understand the lurking thing either and why CAG are especially adamant about it. My opponent had already scouted out my main (though not out of malice. I got the impression that he just didn't know about/didn't think that the "no lurking" thing was such a big deal) and CPed against me. Didn't make a difference at all.

In actual tournaments, most well-known peoples' characters are already known. Everyone knows Chu mains Kirby, Boss mains Mario, Bum mains DK ect. People have the opportunity to counterpick them to hell and back, but it apparently doesn't make that big a difference either.

Just wanted to give my two cents on the matter. I've already won my match so doesn't matter all that much to me one way or another. It's just a shame that because of the no lurking thing, I can't see all the trash talk about us :P.

It's just a shame that because of the no lurking thing, I can't see all the trash talk about us :P.
Not missing out on much, basically smogoners' lives revolve around competitive battling blah blah we should "be doing better" blah blah pokemon is serious business blah blah.

You know, the usual. Oh and apparently we kill each other for failing tournaments or something of the sort, because we're that competitive. :pimp:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)