ORAS Doubles OU Smogon Doublesness Team!!!

Hey there, this is my second rmt, first for doubles, so bear with me as I try to explain this as best I can! This team got me to 1450ish, so it's decent. Feedback is greatly appreciated! Here goes:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Wow, a Kangaskhan mega lead. How creative. Anyways, I like leading with this monster because it freezes basically all trick room setters which really crap on my team, pauses threats that shaymin sky can't OHKO, and weakens pokes. The set is pretty standard for Kangaskhan; I do like Double-Edge over Return/Frustration because the instant power I find is more useful than survivability; however, if there is a good reason for me to use Return/Frustration instead, feel free to give me a shoutout.

Shaymin-Sky @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Protect

Shaymin-Sky is my second usual lead poke. It provides great support to the team by flinchhax incredibly strong Seed Flares and Air Slashes to the face. The sheer power of Seed Flare makes it easier to get past said trick room setters, and it helps to deal with the errant Mega Sableye too with the chance for a Special Defense drop. Air Slash is great for abuse as it flinches and flinches and flinches, which is great, plus it hits fighting types hard that give Kangaskhan trouble. Earth Power is for Heatran, Aegislash, and other steels that resist Shaymin-S's STABs.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Life Orb Talonflame actually works pretty well. Protect because errant Rock Slides and for the other poke to KO said Rock Slider. Tailwind for last ditch support or late game sweep potential with Bisharp or Rotom-W or Shaymin-S or something. Brave Bird and Flare Blitz are standard, but they work really well together to decimate Fighting and Steel types and such, which is nice. EVs are weird so is your face but I'm pretty sure there's a reason for it.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Scarf Lando-T is a beautiful beast. EdgeQuake Combo nukes everything that it needs to kill. Stone Edge imo > Rock Slide b/c it avoids Wide Guard, plus I usually don't *need* to hit both pokes at once. U-Turn for pivotness, and Explosion for a last ditch kill everything button before I try for a sweep.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

This is a really nice Bisharp revenge killer set, and I've used Bisharp for great success in singles as well, pulling victories out from a 1-4 scenario. However, I feel like Bisharp here can be replaced, and I actually kinda want to, so if you have any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated here. A Fairy killer would be imperative, however.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpA / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

This tank beast thing is my "stuff" absorber. He sucks up attacks and decimates those with weaknesses to his attacks, and he's great as a late game cleaner too if Tailwind is up. Thunder Wave for speed control + paraflinch with Shaymin-S if necessary. Considering replacing T-Bolt with Volt Switch.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
tflame's hp evs really don't do much. It's an old spread from when base 100 was considered fast. You're better off with adamant 252 speed, which barely lets you pass jolly megagross.

Otherwise, I'd say will o wisp on washtom instead of twave, as you have mostly fastmons that can pass everything under twind, while willo gives you a stronger matchup against kang/swamp.

Your team looks a bit unbalanced towards hyper offense. Try out amoonguss instead of skymin, as you already have flying, and it greatly improves your matchup against rain and tr. You look pretty experienced, but here's the set anyway.

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)