1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon History

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by New World Order, Oct 30, 2011.

1. New World Order

New World Order Licks Toads
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I think there should totally be something on the History of Smogon or something, basically chronicling all the major events/ tournaments/ policy decisions and whatnot that have happened on Smogon. It would give newer users a better understanding of the site. For example, I didn't even know who Chaos was until a month or so ago because he never comes on the site anymore. It would also allow people to see how some controvertial/ interesting dramas developed. For example, it would be fun to read about the whole 4th Gen Garchomp and Salamence ban fiascos.

I have no clue how to actually make something like this work. But I think a lot of users would like to know about all the stuff that happened here before they joined. There are lots of options, like having a subforum dedicated to "Smogon History", making a new section in the Smog, or a link on the home page.

EDIT: Let me build on this. Perhaps, members of the Smogon Community could help write these up, it would be a great way for users to contribute.
  2. bugmaniacbob

bugmaniacbob Floats like a Butterfree, stings like a Metapod
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

3. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

chaos*

And I agree that a history thing would be interesting considering people seem to think suspect testing is actually important historically to Smogon.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)