1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon JAA 2006: The First Smocon

Discussion in 'VGC' started by DM, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

you really do seem to have a problem with that evolution line
  2. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

Haha, thanks to you too! I'm glad I'm getting such positive feedback on that.

So wait... you switched over to the "new blood" side, even though you've been around longer than me? Nice one, Benedict.
  3. Icy Vegeta

Icy Vegeta

This was an amzing read. I apploud the renewal of this story!
  4. steph

steph

what kind of camera was that?
  5. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

Some old Sony I got years ago, I don't have it anymore so I don't know exactly.. Took good pictures though.
  6. Huy

Huy INSTANT BALLS
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Sir, this story shaped my childhood. It made me shape up and try to become a better user so I could attend these!
  7. Yuri

Yuri

Oops I haven't replied yet.

Man, have four years passed already? I remember reading this by then and thinking how well written and enveloping it was. I really wished to had had been there and, again, I feel to the bone how sucky it is to live one whole continent away. Maybe I should send Nintendo ten thousand emails per day so they hold a regional tournament here so I can win it heh.

Congratulations to everyone at JAA and everyone at VGC. I hope you can meet many, many more times and strenghten those beautiful friendship bonds.
  8. Feathers

Feathers

I wish so badly that I could have been there, but 4 years ago I was 13 and my needs didn't mean as much to my parents. YES. NEEDS.

I personally love New York city, and I've been there quite a few times, mostly to visit Nintendo World. In fact, I'm going back there for Comic-Con... is anyone else going to that?

That looks like so much fun, and I totally hope they do something like this (party style) in the future so I can actually go. JAA looks like it was so much fun....
  9. Shy Glizzy

Shy Glizzy

Wow, I should read this to see the veterans of competetive play help me improve my Poke-

[​IMG]
  10. Roy

Roy sux
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

:)

probably the best trip a 16 year old kid could ask for
  11. clarinetist87

clarinetist87

*looks at Roy's post...*
    *looks at post above...*

O_o
  12. Vaz

Vaz

Wow, this was a really innovating and awesome story to read!
    I really do wish they had the VGC tournament where I live.
  13. Kongler

Kongler
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

nice trip down memory lane there!
  14. Toby

Toby

I remember reading this years ago hah.
  15. Badal

Badal Shit
    is a Contributor Alumnus

this is a very nice and inspirational story!
  16. natalie

natalie property of alex

lol i too remember reading this years ago, but i'd forgotten all about that phonecall until just now xD
  17. PK Gaming

PK Gaming Pursuing My True Self
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

That looked like a lot of fun. I definetely want to be a part of that experience! (time to learn me some VGC.)
  18. Master_Z

Master_Z

All I can say is wow. I hope I have an experience in my life that is half as fun as yours. Maybe I'll get to go to VGC next year.
  19. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I am so happy this finally is on page 2 so I can't read new replies without having to stop my browser from loading all the images again!
  20. Z3ph

Z3ph

Man reading that story reminds me of so many good times that have been had when various online communities gather together for events. Great read, and it has really made me want to go for a pokeadventure next year.

EDIT: I guess this is my first post here, hopefully I will enjoy my time here as much as I have at smashboards and gosugamers!
  21. Euphoria

Euphoria

awesome trip! this thread seriously needs to get a bump.
  22. jeps

jeps

wahh i miss this. damn critical hit.
    :toast:
  23. Chalkey

Chalkey

I can't believe I didn't notice this until just now. Good memories indeed. Also, I kind of hate how stupid my hair looks in all the old photos.

Come on, jeps. It's been five years. Crit happens.
  24. Kid Kadabra

Kid Kadabra

I'm so jealous. I can only hope something similar to this happens in the future that I and others can take part in. Until then..... I guess we gotta catch em all
  25. Lexay

Lexay I could be boned!
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

kongler is a champion

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)