Smogon Premier League: Doubles discussion

Stratos

Banned deucer.
How is using Azu any different than the constant Lando-t and Talon spam you see from nearly every team in this format ?_?
I mean the difference is that azu is like no fun to play against or watch. It can't interact with the opponent's team in any way since it's so fucking weak so it just sits in the back waiting for the opponent to make a positioning mistake that gives it an opportunity to drum and then more often than not the game is instantly over once it does. I mean I guess that some people probably find it interesting but to me and a lot of other players it's not. I don't hate you for using belly drum or anything but i rly wish SPL players wouldnt because I want to see good matches not fucking belly drum.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
majorbowman vs Biosci - came across both these people using azu+jirachi on ladder. beat both but biosci did better. with that said STOP USING THAT SHIT! its annoying af
checkmater75 vs TheFourthChaser - lost to checks azu+jirachi team recently; hes better with it than anyone. Lets ban the move belly drum
Stathakis vs KyleCole - using belly drum charX is at least original
BLOOD TOTEM vs Memoric - Rei has been on a hot streak; hopefully keeps it up after being sick last week. Memoric has also done well recently as he basically won a seasonal for someone else; I cant root for that though
BLINGAS vs Lohgock - Saw blingas bring dark pulse hoopa and lohgock bring swagger in recent weeks. these players a both jokes. idgf
Honestly had to double check (lolol) here but I never lost to jira+azu?????

Personal note: Going with Biosci here, do not understand the Azu hate. Not only are Lando-T and Talon boring but Jirachi play is far more boring to me than Azumarill play and it's worth noting that Jirachi complaints have been consistent for maybe over a year now? Azumarill feels like an odd thing to focus on.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Now I see the way I said that is confusing. I lost to checkmater using azu+Jirachi ; not you.

Not getting into discussion of the other part bc I would just repeat stratos point. But there is no comparison between Lando+talon and azu+Jirachi.

For the record I am totally against banning Jirachi. But banning swagger and belly drum I would support

ORAS Doubles: Memoric [Classiest] vs deoxys speed [Ruiners]
ORAS Doubles: Braverius [Wolfpack] vs TheFourthChaser [Sharks]

ORAS Doubles: Memoric [Classiest] vs deoxys speed [Ruiners] - I like both of these guys and I would like to say they're on an even playing field (even though they're not, deo is better imo). I want this battle to come down to hax honestly because I don't want to see either one fuck the game out of their hand
ORAS Doubles: Braverius [Wolfpack] vs TheFourthChaser [Sharks] - TFC always has these really cool/nice teams and he doesnt make bad plays too much. Not to say braverius isn't the same but more that I feel TFC emphasizes the coolness of his teams by not having tr/rain as a general counterteam :|

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
ORAS Doubles: Memoric vs deoxys speed
Don't have strong opinion who is better but rooting for memoric bc hes top tier mod and deoxys speed has as much presence in doubles community as the guys below

ORAS Doubles: Braverius vs TheFourthChaser
Dont really care. Would like to see more doubles players in less vgc players in the tour next year. Choosing braverious because hes done well in this year

kamikaze

The King Of Games
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Stood by this man before the draft when people doubted his ability, and still standing by him in finals.

TFC is taking home the W!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)