Smogon Premier League VIII - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
SM OU: psychicmewtwo vs Hector Hard Mode - so you put your 2-0 ubers player in SM OU? Bold move, Cotton. predicting hector to go HARD again
SM OU: mencemeat vs Sabella - mencemeat outclassed Lysergic in building and playing last week. He should get what he deserves this week.
SM OU: Zamrock vs TheThorn - alright the 2 tier thing didnt work. BUT IF YOU THINK THAT WILL HOLD ZAMROCK DOWN YOU DON'T KNOW ZAMROCK AT ALL
SM Ubers: Poek97 vs Gunner Rohan - Both ur players won. So you switch their tiers. This makes 0% sense.
SM LC: Ice Tea vs Star - Star isn't really in the flow rn :(
SM DOU: KyleCole vs Biosci - got a good feeling about this predict ngl
ORAS OU: njnp vs Axel10 - fun fact: the 10 stands for the amount of wins he's gonna get this spl.
BW OU: SoulWind vs Jirachee - he's gonna start winning.
DPP OU: SUPER MARSHALL vs Philip7086 - he's got SUPER in his name. and I wrote a very in-depth prediction for philip last week but he lost anyway D:
ADV OU: New Breed vs Ojama - as much as I like the australian PO wonder, Ojama seems the better player in Adv.
GSC OU: Colchonero vs Mr.378 - Val didnt just forget to buy a Ubers player lo!l

SM OU: Adam vs Leftiez - please never bring stall again Adam. that hurt to watch
SM OU: Lysergic vs Get This Money - this man can pulled a win out of his ass when the game was already down the toilet drain. impressive? physically speaking, i think so.
SM OU: Lcans vs Cicada - france ole ole
SM Ubers: sin and victimization vs Lacus Clyne - go PO
SM LC: Heysup vs zf - Classiest desperately need a win and Heysup really needs to set an example for his team.
SM DOU: Braverius vs kamikaze - idk he won last week maybe i think so yeah
ORAS OU: High Impulse vs xray - high impulse played insane last week, hard to keep that kind of a performance going
BW OU: Eo Ut Mortus vs Shoka - a shake around helps when a team is struggling. this one will.
DPP OU: 6A9 Ace Matador vs Sauga - deserves a win already
ADV OU: Danilo vs Triangles - nilo's inconsistent.
GSC OU: Earthworm vs Mr.E - i read somewhere earthworm struggled last week and mr. e sure didnt.

SM OU: dragonuser vs p2
SM OU: reiku vs Steve Angello -
SM OU: PDC vs Mazar - they got the bigger and better players in all SM slots. Now imagine them working together...
SM Ubers: Lord Outrage vs Edgar - edgar knows how to handle lil boys
SM LC: Corporal Levi vs OP - he's OP. it's in his name. if you predict against him, did you really learn to read?
SM DOU: I Am a Rookie vs MajorBowman - a loss wouldnt be so bad for his whole undefeated thing though. getting annoying
ORAS OU: Trosko vs Nintendi - this matchup seems like a dyslexic kid trying to write roscoe and nintendo lmao.
BW OU: dice vs McMeghan Mc "HP Grass" Meghan will take a second victim soon. Imagine if you're dice right now. You know you're gonna face memes. How do you prepare?
DPP OU: ToF vs Tamahome - i beat tamahome a couple of times iirc. never played tof. good reason?
ADV OU: undisputed vs JabbaTheGriffin
GSC OU: Veteran In Love vs giara - his lax will carry the right coverage move or something who really knows

SM OU: Ciele vs TDK - TDK is the best builder and has 2 wins this SPL before hitting that 'send challenge' button.
SM OU: Obliviate vs kratosmana - BARIL
SM OU: mael vs reyscarface - it's hard to prepare for an opponent when you have very little intel. mael succeeds at other tiers as well so he is a good player, which makes it extra dangerous.
SM Ubers: Level 56 vs Hack - Hack is the best Ubers player, maybe ever (sorry Donkey)
SM LC: ZoroDark vs mad0ka - just lose poopyhead
SM DOU: Laga vs Stax - wasnt this guy hyped in power rankings? time to start winning son.
ORAS OU: Posho vs Nedor - posho has disappointed in his plays imo
BW OU: Finchinator vs Jayde - Finch has prolly calculated how long Jayde sleeps at night and how that impacts his decision making lol. Guy's insane in preparation.
DPP OU: Porengan vs roscoe - liberty32
ADV OU: dekzeh vs UD - baril
GSC OU: d0nut vs BKC - d0nut brought some garbage vs IFM, maybe because the week was already won. this is how you get out of rhythm folks

RBY OU: Alexander. vs Tobes - Alexander has to win the mental game to win this series. Tobes is the better player imo
RBY OU: Lusch vs Bedschibaer - Lusch is at the point of time where he might hita wall. Beds is probably the best RBYer left he hasn't slain yet (according to power rankings and my personal opinion). It'll be close, but this is my gut feeling. Highlight of this week imo.
RBY OU: Peasounay vs Crystal_ - Crystal honestly didn't deserve to win his series last week. Peasounay on the other hand had one of the weirdest RBY series I've seen in my life. I trust a man who can win in those conditions better than someone who struggles against W3K (no offence,he doesn't play that much RBY). should be great though
RBY OU: The_Chaser vs Golden Gyarados - cheeser has someone to test with and might get benched if he loses bad after W3K's stellar performance.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
since user garchomp is adverse to using this website despite ostensibly being a regular member of it, he bopped me on IRC and we are tentatively scheduled for 7pm Friday

also I dunno what game you guys were watching last week but EW had almost as many KOs by Turn 10 as he did mons revealed on his team and his Curse Skarm automatically beat the other four

SM OU: Geemick vs Snowy.
SM OU: ABR vs FlamingVictini
SM OU: Blunder vs Gingy
ORAS OU: Rodriblutar vs ChillShadow -man has been doing p well cant predict against him

SM OU: psychicmewtwo vs Hector Hard Mode
SM OU: mencemeat vs Sabella -this time jam wins
SM OU: Zamrock vs TheThorn -could go either way but I think its slightly in Zams favor
ORAS OU: njnp vs Axel10

SM OU: Adam vs Leftiez
SM OU: Lysergic vs Get This Money
SM OU: Lcans vs Cicada -dont know 2 much about these 2 just goin with my gut
ORAS OU: High Impulse vs xray -kinda want xray to win but gonna be hard

SM OU: dragonuser vs p2
SM OU: reiku vs Steve Angello
SM OU: PDC vs Mazar
ORAS OU: Trosko vs Nintendi

SM OU: Ciele vs TDK
SM OU: Obliviate vs kratosmana
SM OU: mael vs reyscarface
ORAS OU: Posho vs Nedor

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
SM Ubers: Astounded vs aim - surprised they ended up subbing out oli but imo this match will be all the better for it, should be quality af
SM Ubers: Poek97 vs Gunner Rohan - lol tfw they sub out their 'ubers player'
SM Ubers: sin and victimization vs Lacus Clyne - sin obviously at least knows the meta, but lacus probably has the edge here. one of them will break the losing streak oo
SM Ubers: Lord Outrage vs Edgar - outrage is coming off some momentum from last week + is arguably more in touch w/ things than edgar, but both are great and should be a good match
SM Ubers: Level 56 vs Hack - this is going to be the best ubers match of this tour, hands down. it could completely go either way, and the last time they played level 56 showed he can use a lot more than just generic offense; imo he's not gonna lose two series in a row to the same person. can't wait to watch this one, should show u can't just pick up anyone and slot them in ubers hoping they'll do well; both of these guys fully represent the community and the depth this tier can be played at the highest level.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
BW OU: Sugarhigh vs Luck>Skill
SM OU: mencemeat vs Sabella
RBY OU: Lusch vs Bedschibaer
SM Ubers: Lord Outrage vs Edgar
BW OU: dice vs McMeghan
get em lads

Also Level 56 vs Hack = game of the week

• [RUIN] Astounded vs. aim [WOLF] Aim is good, but i think he'll get smacked by some new S/M shit he doesn't even know yet. You can't just play ubers and expect to win unless ur -snow :]
  • [CRYO] Poek97 vs. Gunner Rohan [SCTR] Same as above. Hope Psychic Mewtwo is fine irl, why else would you sub him out after the last performances?
  • [CONG] sin and victimization vs. Lacus Clyne [FLCN] Can you pls win already, Lacus. Anyway better playerin and I think after that winnable matchup its going upwards
  • [SHRK] Lord Outrage vs. Edgar [TGRS] I feel like this will be at least 4-0. Don't think Trout is the type of player Edgar will have a good matchup against.
  • [BIGS] Level 56 vs. Hack [RAID] Absolute Highlight match! This could go any way, but i think Level 56 will end Hacks winning streak right here. Hope Ill be there to see that match

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
This is like the fourth time someone has suggested Psychicmewtwo has been subbed out. He's literally the first name on our teamsheet this week. Are you guys nuts?

The ubers community vitriol towards him was a bit annoying through the first two weeks, the guys an absolutely excellent player and he's gone 2-0. I personally think he's good enough to succeed wherever we put him, and I trust him in SM OU as much as SM Ubers and hell if I told him to suit up for GSC the guy would learn it and give 100%.

This is like the fourth time someone has suggested Psychicmewtwo has been subbed out. He's literally the first name on our teamsheet this week. Are you guys nuts?

The ubers community vitriol towards him was a bit annoying through the first two weeks, the guys an absolutely excellent player and he's gone 2-0. I personally think he's good enough to succeed wherever we put him, and I trust him in SM OU as much as SM Ubers and hell if I told him to suit up for GSC the guy would learn it and give 100%.
You are honestly lying to yourselves if you think week 1 was anything but a poor performance with an even poorer team. And week 2 wasn't much to talk about either, because the opponent clearly wasn't up to standard either.

I know you are the nicest guy and all but you can't let niceness come in the way of accurate judgements. The ubers community has every right to have a vitriol against players they feel are not up to standard because guess what, playing in spl comes with having every little thing you do dissected to the max. There is a quality standard expected by the subcommunites in every tier, get over it.

Anyway rant over, I usually don't do shit like this but whatever

Last edited:

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
You are honestly lying to yourselves if you think week 1 was anything but a poor performance with an even poorer team. And week 2 wasn't much to talk about either, because the opponent clearly wasn't up to standard either.

I know you are the nicest guy and all but you can't let niceness come in the way of accurate judgements. The ubers community has every right to have a vitriol against players they feel are not up to standard because guess what, playing in spl comes with having every little thing you do dissected to the max. There is a quality standard expected by the subcommunites in every tier, get over it.

Anyway rant over, I usually don't do shit like this but whatever
Point taken - for what it is worth, you're the fourth person to approach me about the use of that word, though the first to do it in public which I respect. As for things being dissected, I think Psychicmewtwo's up to the challenge, let's see how the next several weeks shape up and reevaluate at the end :p

Point taken - for what it is worth, you're the fourth person to approach me about the use of that word, though the first to do it in public which I respect. As for things being dissected, I think Psychicmewtwo's up to the challenge, let's see how the next several weeks shape up and reevaluate at the end :p
Getting dissected isn't that hard; you really don't have to do anything besides be dead

Astounded vs aim - Will be a good match
Poek vs Gunner Rohan - If Gunner isnt overly aggresive he should be ok
Lord Outrage vs Edgar - I feel like this will be at least 4-0. Don't think Trout is the type of player Edgar will have a good matchup against.
sin vs Lacus Clyne - Lacus is better
Level 56 vs Hack - Depends on who brings the better team and since Hack is a much better teambuilder than Level 56 is I think he will win.

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Hey guys, since we (TFP) were told that people were interested in written recaps of SPL weeks, we will be working to make these happen. We intend to release them alongside our Wednesday articles, so make sure you check in on our forum then if you're interested in reading these. Coverage for week 2 just released, available here; big thanks to Klefkwi for writing and spearheading it, and to BKC, Finchinator, Kingler12345, and miltankmilk for writing the game analyses.

I just wanna play whatever tier I want, and it is also our manager's decisions to put wherever Poek and me feel comfortable.
tbh idc what this salty Hack uber Co-Leader commented on me. At least, he did not dare to try OU in SPL, all he did was shitting my teams and teammates.
Also, you seem to be very familiar with 1300 ladder, so I really look forward to playing you out of respect. BLESS UP n_n

So basically my point was SPL team managers can put their players wherever they want, which is the amazing part of this tour.
So why do you people outside our team or even not in SPL judging val and teal's arrangement?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)