Smogon Premier League X - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Alright, since I'm lazy as fuck I'm only gonna do oras predicts for this week:

Hiye vs blunder | Wow, that's a hard one. And those 2 are also gonna be my opponents for the following two weeks. In week 1 Hiye played really well (besides for maybe letting Clef get tricked) but brought a team that is almost 6-0ed by any CM Clefable. Fortunately he was holding hands w Lady Luck and got a crit. Blunder played well too and basically autowon on MU after reiku decided to just let his Ferro die for almost nothing vs Zone. I think blunder probably has the slight playing advantage but I believe that hiye is gonna pick the right team for that game. So going with him.

Lighthouses vs baddummy | Ofc I would've loved to see fire Relous getting to start here instead of LH but yea.. Baddummy played pretty decent week 1 having a really hard MU vs Drum Azu when it could basically set up on half the team and just straight sweep him. I'm often weak as shit to Drum Azu too so I can't call baddummy bad for that but please the next time you bring a team 6-0ed by it just make sure to adapt the sets so it cannot setup on half the team. In my eyes LH gets more hate than he deserves rn. I think he is somewhat competent but inconsistent. If he has a good day he plays really well and wins this, on a bad day he chokes every 2nd turn. Baddummy seems to be the more consistent choice. However Scoots have one billion ORAS players on their team so they might end up getting a rly good MU. This is a close one.

TDK vs Trosko | Trosko brought a pretty cool team week 1 but I feel like the game should've ended in a Drum Azu Sweep at some point. However Trosko still won despite being unlucky. I think this guy probably isn't rusty at all and has good chances to have a great showing this SPL. I felt like TDKs team last week was kinda meh, pretty slow and p much lost to CM Clef once he can't para it. TDK definitely played a bit greedy going for the Wisp early game as a Para on Clef could've been big but he didn't play that early game bad at all. And his endgame was probably one of the most impressive endgames I've seen in an official tournament in a while. That is why I am predicting him to take this one too :swole:

reiku vs obii | You simply cannot run a team with Mega Slowbro as the only Gliscor answer in 2019. Despite that I feel like reiku still had a shot at winning his game last week if he pivoted Slowbro on the Weav turn 1 and managed to Leech the Zone on the Switchin later in the game so the Ferro 1vs1s the Zone. So yeah building and playing wasn't on point for reiku last week. ABR is gonna give obii some hot shit this week. I think ABR knows as well as I do that reiku won't hesitate to bring the super big threats this week, so I am sure obii will be prepared for it. I really excited to see this one as I am certain reiku is much better than his last week showed.

Last edited:
BW OU: Luigi vs We Three Kings - Very unremarkable game by Luigi last week, while w3k played well, I'm not expecting this to change this week.

BW OU: Ojama vs ZoroDark - Very impressive game by ZoroDark last week, Ojama also played well, I'm going with ZoroDark purely because of momentum, but this is as close to a 50-50 match as I can think of.

BW OU: FLCL vs Posho - I still don't know why people don't think FLCL is good in BW, everytime I watch him (which is admittedly not much) he looks very dangerous to me. Posho is also coming off a win, and we all know how good he can be, so another matchup that's basically a 50-50 in my book.

BW OU: Sergi vs SoulWind - Okay, Sergi won last week, and SW lost, but there were too many question marks regarding Sergi's performance last week. SoulWind is just impressive, even though last week his talent didn't really shine (mostly because his opp had one hell of a game)

BW OU: dice vs ABR - dice promised me he'd redeem himself this week, so here we are. Also his teams are exceptionally good vs the kind of fat balance ABR favors in every gen.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
SM OU: Charmflash vs. Talah - both were massive underdogs going into their games last week, but they surprised all the naysayers. I’m a fan of Charmflash’s playstyle. I like how he just sits there and refuses to switch, yet still manages to win when his opponents needlessly overpredict. Pretty amusing to watch.

Last edited:

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
is a Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
World Defender
Nvm we just played. I'm a lot triggered at the result obviously, and the chat i suppose, nothing against anybody but reading "YES" and stuff can be really tough to digest during games like that g2. Now now i could bitch about it, or post a stupid meme, but i guess i will just get back my usual smile and promise my team that i will get better, and turn this stupid ass record upside down. Beware rby pool now i'm angry, may Roudolf guide my hand (NOT LITERALLY).

Gg FOMG, sorry for my schedule issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)