Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if this has been posted before, sorry.

When setting gifs as your profile picture, how are you guys able to make it so clear while maintaining the size limit? I've used resizers but they either can't make the gif a small enough file size or it just comes out in very low resolution.

Also, are only badge holders allowed to have those little messages below their name? For example, -Clone- has "mfw facing stall" and xzern has "can hentai kill you?"
those things are badgeholder-only features. only badgeholders can have large file-size (over 100kb) images and therefore high quality gifs. also, only badgeholders can have the messages in our postbits, which are referred to as custom titles. you'll see unbadged users with custom titles sometimes, too, but that just means that they used to be badged or a super-mod/admin gave it to them.

This is probably a dumb question, but is boTTT ever going to be brought back to the main Showdown server? Without it to automute spammers and the like, it has probably gotten more spammy in a lot of rooms, particularly the ones where there aren't many active drivers/mods.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is probably a dumb question, but is boTTT ever going to be brought back to the main Showdown server? Without it to automute spammers and the like, it has probably gotten more spammy in a lot of rooms, particularly the ones where there aren't many active drivers/mods.
if it's offline, then its probably either undergoing maintenance or is glitching out or something. i dont imagine that the ps staff would ever really remove bottt intentionally. if you notice spam in a room, you could always just highlight one of the room staff by saying their names; they'll get an alert and mute the spammer.

I know that Smogon and the Smogon Forums are mostly all about the Pokemon games on the 3DS and such, but I wanted to get some assistance on this Pokemon TCG deck I'm building and... I haven't found any open threads or anything on TCG besides the closed threads in the Archives. Is there anything I've missed or anywhere that I could post such a thing? It's pretty much a RMT but for my Pokemon TCG deck... I don't even know if that kind of thing is posted on these forums, lol. Also, if that option isn't available; is there perhaps some other place/website that I could bring my business to? Thank you!

~Umbriel_Umbra (but you already know that)

P.S. (Not Pokemon Showdown lmao):

Here is a Pastebin with what I am talking about:
http://pastebin.com/Cs1wvrq4
Just in case you wanted to know/read it :P

Last edited:

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I know that Smogon and the Smogon Forums are mostly all about the Pokemon games on the 3DS and such, but I wanted to get some assistance on this Pokemon TCG deck I'm building and... I haven't found any open threads or anything on TCG besides the closed threads in the Archives. Is there anything I've missed or anywhere that I could post such a thing? It's pretty much a RMT but for my Pokemon TCG deck... I don't even know if that kind of thing is posted on these forums, lol. Also, if that option isn't available; is there perhaps some other place/website that I could bring my business to? Thank you!

~Umbriel_Umbra (but you already know that)

P.S. (Not Pokemon Showdown lmao):

Here is a Pastebin with what I am talking about:
http://pastebin.com/Cs1wvrq4
Just in case you wanted to know/read it :P
There's a room on PS that focus on tcgs and board games, you can try asking there!
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/traditionalgames

There's a room on PS that focus on tcgs and board games, you can try asking there!
http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/traditionalgames
Funny thing you say that Xylen... I went there first and was directed here >.> But I suppose I can try there again...

Edit: Also, the chatroom is more often than not dead. They have tumbleweeds for admins yo (not really, and I don't mean to offend anyone there, but I'm still working on finding someone who will actually help me for more then... 5 minutes.)

Last edited:
I have a little question, I'm making a new team for battle maison in oras, but I can't choose Nature and item for my haxorus. I'm choosing between Adamant+choice scarf or jolly+choice band. What are your thoughts?

Funny thing you say that Xylen... I went there first and was directed here >.> But I suppose I can try there again...

Edit: Also, the chatroom is more often than not dead. They have tumbleweeds for admins yo (not really, and I don't mean to offend anyone there, but I'm still working on finding someone who will actually help me for more then... 5 minutes.)
Am I right in thinking that your list is more aimed at an unlimited format or are you looking to play in the current format? I play current format TCG so can't help if you want unlimited but if you want to pm me I could point you in the direction of a couple of sites rather than clogging up this thread if you'd like :)

In my trade thread I have two enters in between all of my Pokemon. But every time I save after editing the post, some of the enters just randomly disappear. Or even worse, sometimes random enters are added in between. This is beyond annoying. Do anyone else experience this?

I decided to use white | instead of enters. But there are still random enters being added over time. It doesn't matter much for the info of my Pokemon, but me and my OCD want to have everything neat and clean, so I have to edit the posts every time to add/remove random enters. Any idea what I can do about this, if there's anything at all?

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How does one make those collapsible lists in threads? Like if I'm posting a metagame and want to list notable threats, but you want it colllapsible?

xzern

for sure
How does one make those collapsible lists in threads? Like if I'm posting a metagame and want to list notable threats, but you want it colllapsible?
[hide ] text [/hide ]
without the spaces inside the brackets. it will look like this:
text

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yes, the text you want to write should be in this format, but with these brackets [ ] instead of these { }: {s}text you want to strike through{/s}

the result: text
Like this?
i hope this works

[hide ] text [/hide ]
without the spaces inside the brackets. it will look like this:
text
Like this?
I hope this works

Last edited by a moderator:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a little question, I'm making a new team for battle maison in oras, but I can't choose Nature and item for my haxorus. I'm choosing between Adamant+choice scarf or jolly+choice band. What are your thoughts?
Ask here: Battle Maison Discussion and Records

The best Haxorus streak reached 602 and was achieved by esteemed user Jumpman16, and it featured a Dragon Dance Haxorus (with Suicune and Mega Scizor for support). Here's the set he used:

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

If you want to learn about the Maison I highly recommend reading his posts, he's arguably the best player we've ever seen there and goes into extreme detail regarding team building and strategy.

Sorry I couldn't answer your Adamant + Scarf vs Jolly + Band argument. I would be slightly inclined to Adamant + Scarf though...

Two questions.
1st- Has Hoopa been released in OU (I just got swept by one)?
2nd- How do you create the spoiler thing to post importables?
Edit to 2: How do you name the spoiler?

Last edited:
Two questions.
1st- Has Hoopa been released in OU (I just got swept by one)?
2nd- How do you create the spoiler thing to post importables?
Edit to 2: How do you name the spoiler?
1. As far as I know, officially, no. Your opponent most likely hacked his. EDIT: apparently there is an event now in Japan for the movie that allows them to get one, so it might not be hacked.
2. [hide =whatever title you want]whatever you want inside[/hide ] - do this without the spaces after hide. You will get something like this:
random text

1. As far as I know, officially, no. Your opponent most likely hacked his. EDIT: apparently there is an event now in Japan for the movie that allows them to get one, so it might not be hacked.
2. [hide =whatever title you want]whatever you want inside[/hide ] - do this without the spaces after hide. You will get something like this:
random text
K I'll try it here
test

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)