Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i helped my friend register for smogon yesterday, but I noticed the captcha was incorrect in grammar: "What does Pokemon evolve Vullaby?"
It should actually be, "what Pokemon evolves from vullaby", shouldn't it?

I've been trying to post on the forums, but I don't have "sufficient privleges". What does that mean and what can I do?
If you're trying to post in the policy review section of the forum, thats restricted to badged users and maybe some other respected individuals. I wouldn't know what would cause you being unable to post in, say, the OU forum.

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Thanks. I tried posting in the welcome forum, but I must be doing something wrong, since I'm able to post here.
I believe the welcome/introduction thread has been locked so that no one can post in it anymore. If a thread is locked, it will say you have insufficient privileges.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
No, unless you're in BW / BW2 talking to interactable Pokemon that have HAs (like the Desert Ruin Darmanitan with Zen Mode) or are going through Hidden Grottos.

Acast

Ghost of a Forum Mod & PS Room Owner
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I wonder if its possible that Sturdy Shedinja be banned from Hackmons. Its basically Wonder Guard without being it.

(PS if this the wrong place, May I be directed to the correct one? Thanks.)
This would be something for the OM forum, but if you do mean Hackmons, then I don't think there is any sort of banlist. Hackmons is an unregulated metagame. If you meant Balanced Hackmons, this thread is the one you're looking for: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/balanced-hackmons-suspects-and-bans.3566051/

But please read the first post, because the author of that thread specifically refers to Shedinja and why it should not be banned.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
is it possible to breed for hidden abilities without having the hidden ability on the parent?
No, Hidden Abilities can be obtained through the (now closed) gen V Dream World, Horde Encounters, Friend Safari, DexNav encounters and occasionally events. They can be passed on through breeding only if:
- The Female parent has the HA; OR
- The male parent has the HA and the other parent is a Ditto (will not work with a regular female).
You cannot randomly obtain a HA when breeding with non-HA parents.

Ok, I have been on smogon for a while, but after returning from a several month hiatus I seem to have forgotten how to post pictures, I can only attach them. I only use my phone, but never had any problem with pictures and the like in the past. Anyway, if this is the incorrect place to post this question, direct me to the right place. Thanks in advance!

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
while trying to chance propic on smogon: "Your avatar's file size is too large. Please upload an avatar no bigger than 100 KB."
http://i.imgur.com/VxBHN5r.gif
File size: 94.47K, width: 200px, height: 200px, frames: 8, type: gif

I know this is a common bug as someone already told me, but it's really frustrating nonetheless
yeah i dunno what's up with that, i checked both the upload limit + the size of this gif in particular and it should have been fine, so i just manually set it as your avatar.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
yeah i dunno what's up with that, i checked both the upload limit + the size of this gif in particular and it should have been fine, so i just manually set it as your avatar.
The problem comes from the file size + dimensions of the image. It can go up to 100 KB but not 200x200 pixels at the same time, the error just doesn't specify that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)