Programming Smogon Sprite Generator

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
itt sandshrewz creates not very important but useful stuff

For many HTMLers, it is annoying when the article do not use Smogon sprites and they'll have to dig them up from going to the analyses etc and c/p the image url to use. Article writers themselves have to do the same thing to obtain the sprites. So I went to make a small script that lets you pick the sprites, including from different generations. It also provides you the full URL, the HTML of the image (with the shortened URL so it doesn't have the 'http://www.smogon.com' thing), and also in BBCode. I haven't tried to figure out how to use Flash to make the thing auto c/p when you click the text, but it will automatically highlight the text when you click on it for faster c/p. It's written in JavaScript so make sure you have it on! Who turns it off anyway >_>

LINK

The arrangement of the Pokemon under the option form follows the order in this thread. Just type in the Pokemon name and you can find it :) Anyway I intend to expand this to include sprites from Pokemon Showdown in future as well~ But that's all for now! :) It's not a major project but I hope it'll save time for HTMLers and writers alike! Let me know if you find any bugs or anything wrong with it. Suggestions are welcome too! Thanks! :)

Credits
sirndpt and Ray Jay for compiling all the Smogon sprites in order here :D

[Updates]

It now works fully with XY Sprites hosted on Smogon :D

Last edited:

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You may want to output the [pimg] bbcode too since no one wants to memorize Pokemon numbers ;)

Awesome contribution as usual shrewz.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow thanks for the positive comments guys! :D

You may want to output the [pimg] bbcode too since no one wants to memorize Pokemon numbers ;)

Awesome contribution as usual shrewz.
Haha idg the memorizing part ?_? There's already an output for the usual

Reactions: Mq

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Finally, something that I can use to plop Pokemon Sprites into discussions without searching for days!

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
could you add a reverse search btw? as in you put in the smog # and it gives you the pkmn :)

sandshrewz

POTATO
Lmao. Layell do you want me to update now or when everything is completed? With names for sprites that won't be too hard to update I think.

Edit: actually I think I'll update the script and put it on SCMS so it'll automatically update update without me having to edit it every time.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
however works well for you, we can wait until my entries are stable. But that will take a while so I leave it to you.

sandshrewz

POTATO
You can now swap between fron and back sprites. If the current Pokemon you're viewing has the front / back sprite, it'll automatically go to the respective sprite. For example, if you're viewing Absol-Mega front and you changed it to back, it'll go to Absol-Mega back.

ALSO. The cool thing that isn't noticeable is that once you load either the front or back sprites, it doesn't need to reload the data / sprites from smogon until you refresh / close the page. It makes stuff faster when you swap around between front / back sprites :D

more to come in future. Animated and Shiny is still unimplemented for now.

sandshrewz

POTATO
Animated option now works. I did it in a jiffy so lemme know if there's any bug.

Will work on Shiny option tmr since I gotta sleep now~ :)

sandshrewz

POTATO
Quadruple post ?_?

Implemented Shiny option. Note that there are currently no Animated AND Shiny sprites so far. Hence, if you check both Animated and Shiny, it'll just ignore the Shiny one and give you the Animated one, for now at least till shiny animated are on-site. Also tidied up about and it looks nicer now.

It's done now :D till when shiny animated mons come in haha. Have fun! :)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In stopping sandz from this awful consecutive posting here are the latest changes.

-Animated shiny is now an option, click both animated and shiny. More will be added in time, right now there is a grand total of two mons

-A credit page to the XY sprite thread is part of the page

sandshrewz

POTATO
In stopping sandz from this awful consecutive posting here are the latest changes.

-Animated shiny is now an option, click both animated and shiny. More will be added in time, right now there is a grand total of two mons

-A credit page to the XY sprite thread is part of the page
/me smack Layell x)

Also ya the credit thing is Layell's idea~

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
BBcode is buggy for gen VI pokémon: the second img tag doesn't have slash. [ img ] → [ / img ]

I can't generate sprites for XY. It might be a problem with Firefox, but can you tell me if its fine or not? appreciate it :D

sandshrewz

POTATO
Just checked, having same problem w/ Chrome
I think the XY sprites path changed like long ago or something. And so did the normal sprite path. I haven't updated this in ages and a lot of Megas are missing too.

Layell is there still a path for XY sprites?

I have no clue if I'll still be updating this though xd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)