Playoffs Smogon Tour Season 21 Playoffs [Won by Ciele]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valentine

Banned deucer.
BKC vs. Sweepage - a storied rivalry between manager and player. is it finally sweep's year to back up all his unwarranted smack talk? can bkc brush his opponent aside and make his way towards another tour trophy? will sweep's three starmies stay alive long enough to keep hazards off the field? only time will tell.

cosine180 vs. Shoka - i'd give the bw edge to shoka, something like 65 35. cosine should be able to bully and outlast shoka in oras, but.. between dpp and oras i expect shoka takes a game. cosine plays oras with expert precision, shoka has to raise his usual level there or focus all his energy on bw and dpp. cosine is probably the crowd favorite here but people really do tend to overrate him.

xray vs. blunder - this set houses the highlight oras game of the round. both of these high level oras players have the potential to bring almost anything (offensive) and use it effectively. bw seems like a coin toss, and i would give xray a slight edge in dpp. overall this should be an explosive, lively, close set.

PDC vs. Malekith - my heart says malekith but my brain says palkiadialgaclash. realistically i can't see malekith taking oras, and PDC is a serious contender in any gen he's playing. i think whoever gets bw ends up winning this set, since i expect pdc to claim oras and malekith to secure dpp. should be a very calculated, mind-bending series, unless pdc chokes in bw or oras. go malekith!

Ciele vs. hellpowna - this is the most one sided matchup in the round of sixteen. if hellpowna has anything going for him it's the fact that he's played dpp at the spl level. but in scenarios where he takes dpp from ciele, i don't see him winning the series. ciele is one of smogon's most consistent players, it is unlikely you will see his opponent next round. call it wolfpack's akela vs shere khan.

Tamahome vs. SoulWind - oldies but goodies. in general i think dm's level plateaued about two years ago (around the name change), i would currently rate sw higher in every metagame and just the overall better player. that being said, these are both two of the best players to ever touch the game, this series is an epic collision of massive proportion. this is the type of matchup you would hope to see in the finals.

Omfuga vs. PokèManiac Livio - i think omfuga has grown into a respectable OU player after his lower tier mastery. he had a good olt run, you might see him in wcop, but.. you won't see him in round 2. i would give livio the edge in all generations, with oras being the closest game. at the very least i think this will be a fun series to watch.

Luigi. vs. Mounts - i don't know enough about these players to make an accurate prediction. this is the dark horse seed that i don't expect to see after round 2.

---

Overall, I hope to see BKC, Sweepage, Malekith, or Ciele win the tournament. You might have had a shot Livio, but Ciele will dig up spooky italian things if you beat him oo~

Last edited:
Masterclass is such a little bitch. He always talks shit then gets all apologetic about it. We all know you're a pussy boy despite the tough act. Just own it and stop being a dumb bitch and then apologize for it as a mean of damage control. Hail allah.

Ciele or xray to win it all.
Sometimes I have to apologize WhiteQueen. Mainly because FLCL really hasnt said anything bad to/about me ever.

1. BKC vs. 16. Sweepage
2. cosine180 vs. 15. Shoka
3. xray vs. 14. blunder
4. PDC vs. 13. Malekith
5. Ciele vs. 12. hellpowna
6. Tamahome vs. 11. SoulWind
7. Omfuga vs. 10. PokèManiac Livio
8. Luigi. vs. 9. Mounts

davidTheMaster

TheMasterMind
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
1. BKC vs. 16. Sweepage
3. xray vs. 14. blunder
4. PDC vs. 13. Malekith
7. Omfuga vs. 10. PokèManiac Livio Make sure to freeze all I guess you already knew it Omfugod :]
8. Luigi. vs. 9. Mounts OFCS RULES

1. BKC vs. 16. [Sweepage vs. FLCL]
3. xray vs. 14. blunder
4. PDC vs. 13. Malekith
8. Luigi. vs. 9. Mounts

First time that I feel a prediction isn't a popularity contest, kudos!
omfuga will learn a lesson this smogon tour i think. playoffs are a whole different beast and there are only a select few consistent dp/bw builders of which i'm not sure any are working with him.
But nigga that's my breh, and I am the best dp/bw builder and he can come to me whenever he wants.

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
1. BKC vs. 16. Sweepage - both seem to be "the players to beat" this stour. BKC played incredibly dominant this season and masterclass seems to be determined to win the whole tour. This has the potential to be one of the best series we will see in this tour.
However i predict BKC to win in BW and Sweepage to win in DPP just from what i have seen from them. ORAS might decide this.

2. cosine180 vs. 15. Shoka - yeah, probably "my best buddy" vs. one of my best. This will for sure be a close battle. I have no doubt Shoka will win BW and cosine will take ORAS.
But i think cosine will do it better than me and win DPP (probably because of hax but i gotta admit cosine became a beast in dpp)
Hope you dont mind this, shoka. Gl to both of u C:

3. xray vs. 14. blunder - hf bro, honor to play you

4. PDC vs. 13. Malekith - I dont know malekith that good but he seems to be solid and it seems like he plays on a good level for some time now. But i think PDC will take it bc yung, on fire and very good in all 3 modes. Malekith prob takes DPP but i think PDC is in the better spot overall.

5. Ciele vs. 12. hellpowna - Ciele seems more solid from what i have seen. Not incredibly fantastic but we will see what playoffs bring.

6. Tamahome vs. 11. SoulWind - SW seems to be the favorite on the paper and probably has one of the best chances to win this tour but my feeling says Tamahome because its just amazing to me how he understands and plays DPP. Maybe he will win one out of BW and ORAS as well.

7. Omfuga vs. 10. PokèManiac Livio - i dont wanna hurt feelings so just predicting that livio wins

8. Luigi. vs. 9. Mounts - I think get backer is underrated. He made play offs easily and i personally think he is solid and wins DPP and BW and even has a good chance to win ORAS.

When i see those matchups, i think the BW games will be very interesting. I can see many people "clearly" taking DPP or ORAS but the competition in BW is very tough :O

Last edited:
LETS GET THIS SHIT SWEEP, PDC, OMUFUGA, TAMAHOME, AND SHOKA SHOUTOUTS TO LUIGI TO

EDIT: LOVE HELLPOWNA didnt see u at first

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
1. BKC vs. 16. Sweepage => 2 really good players and team builders facing each other, with similar strenghts and weakness, and similar playstyles.
2. cosine180 vs. 15. Shoka => Cosine is better at ORAS, while Shoka is better at the other 2 tiers, especially in BW. However I am predicting Cosine will manage to take either DPP or BW and to win ORAS. However if Shoka manages to win in ORAS he will have a big advantage, to cosine will have all the pressure to win ORAS, so ORAS game will be very important in this series.
3. xray vs. 14. blunder => Both are very solid at ORAS and have a similar level, but I think xray is at a higher level in both DPP and BW
4. PDC vs. 13. Malekith => Malekith is that kind of player that is always solid in whatever metagame he wants to play and can beat anybody. On the other side PDC is probably one of the players that have improved the most, and one of the best ORAS players atm. I am predicting PDC to take ORAS and Malekith to win in DPP and BW
5. Ciele vs. 12. hellpowna => Ciele is doing very well in ORAS, but I think hellpowna is in a better shape in BW and DPP atm.
6. Tamahome vs. 11. SoulWind => Tamahome is one of the best DPPers to ever play this game, Soulwind is one of the best BWers to ever play this game, and they are both solid in ORAS, although SW has been doing poorly lately. I think SW will manage to beat Tamahome in the best series of this r1
7. Omfuga vs. 10. PokèManiac Livio => Livio has been doing p well, but I think Omfuga is at a good shape atm and will take this series
8. Luigi. vs. 9. Mounts => Idk what to predict here tbh, both are the underdogs in this POs

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
1. BKC vs. 16. Sweepage
Masterclass is one of the most overrated players on smogon, he's good at DPP, but that's it. BKC is one of the players who meet his skill in this tier, but also destroyed BW this season and should be capable of dealing with sweep in ORAS.
A hard one to call, cosine got the edge in ORAS, while Shoka got it in BW. I feel like Shoka is the "better" player all around, but cosine seems to be able do be better if needed. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes the other way.
3. xray vs. 14. blunder
Both of them are top tier oras players and not too known for others tiers. Anyways I think xray's the better one at oras, which also includes him doing better in at least one of the others tiers.
4. PDC vs. 13. Malekith
PDC is one of the most consistent players recently, while Malekith had a lot of ups and downs. I still think, if Malekith brings his best game, he is better. But if he doesn't PDC winning would not be a surprise.
I acutally haven't seen Ciele playing seriously since mechazawa days, but he was a beast in dpp and killed it in oras this season. Hellpowna is good and probably the most underrated player in this play offs, but ciele's one of the people who can match his dpp skills and seems to have an edge in oras. Didn't see too much of either in bw though.
Arguably the best match up in round 1. Despite tama being a stupid team thief he is the best DPP player around these days, but SoulWind isn't bad at this one either. He also should be the better BW player and take oras.
I don't really get where the Omfuga hype comes from. He never amazed me in lower tiers and wasn't too spectacular in ORAS either. Livio is a decent player all around, but doesn't reach top level in any tier. I still think he should be able to pull through here.
8. Luigi. vs. 9. Mounts
I don't know mounts, so this is a hard one for me. Luigi seems to be ok in every tier, while Mounts exceled in ORAS. So I'd say luigi takes dpp and bw, while mounts wins oras, but I'm not at all sure and can't really tell

Last edited:

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
The #unfiltered predictions of ya rusty boy:

1. BKC vs. 16. Sweepage
Despite a lot of great achievements, BKC's mental game is inconsistent as hell and he still gets on tilt pretty easily. Sweepage loves to take advantage of that and will (should?) go for it. There is also some beef between that at the moment (Real Legit Beef apparently), so BKC could enter the battle with a bad mentality before the serie even starts. Expect the jaw-lined Czech refugee to make his moves under 5 seconds and drop some "lol really?" as soon as something doesn't go his way.
Once in a while, he manages to get his shit together and read everyone like a book tho, so there is that.

I just hope they don't bring their usual boring fat shits consisting of bulky Starmies and Skarmories only to get wrecked by the closest Volcarona next door. Giving cosine the edge because I've seen him do a lot of work with marginal stuff too, and they can take Shoka by surprise.

3. xray vs. 14. blunder
The closest game in Playoff imo. Both guys have solid gameplan-making and can pull the trigger when it comes to aggression pretty often, which explains why cbb is on their nuts so much. Both are in great form atm, giving xray the edge bc I've seen blunder said he'd use a team of his own in DPP.

4. PDC vs. 13. Malekith
PDC is the embodiement of "linear". Not that he's bad, he's actually pretty good, but you rarely see fancy teams or plays from him. He needs to "unlock" his last level like the big bad bab said. Malekith on the other side is quite the opposite to me: plays and uses crazy stuff that either crash down or excel. Much like Kev/Sweep, this pairing depends on one player's form in the moment imo (Malekith in this case).

Ciele is my waifu so I'm 100% rooting for him. I also think he's a much better BW and ORAS player. Hellpowna is solid in DPP, altho I think he's kinda hit or miss with his gimmicks.

#1 matchup with the biggest disappointment potential. Both players like their boring fat shits too much and I'm not that thrilled to watch another paraspam fest in DPP (or the other tiers fwiw). SoulWind should take advantage of Tama's desire to never switch and go full yellow magic, even when it's a Jirachi Tran duel. Those are still fancy tags you wanna see fight, so I hope I'll be wrong.

Omfuga's kinda like FLCL as he isn't affected by pressure and plays like a madman in high stakes games. Team preview will help him a lot in this regard and I kinda think he'll burst in DPP (Livio is pretty solid there to top it off) while having the advantage in BW/ORAS.

8. Luigi. vs. 9. Mounts
I'd normally give Luigi a slight edge because he seems more well-rounded than Mounts, but you gotta know the latter is french and is on Ojama's good side, which means he'll probably get some help from the kingpin himself. That should make up for his lack of experience in the non-ORAS tier, and I'd even go as far as saying Mounts is the dark horse of this tournament.

Like StoneCold always says: no hard feeling <3 just keeping it real xD

Since I got nothing to do and everyone's doin it:

1. BKC vs. 16. Sweepage

I wish you the best of luck in this series, But I will be honest with you. You're not going to take two games off me. Plain and simple. But If you somehow do, good job. You just better hope I don't win because you know I'm not a sore loser, but I am a sore winner.

Let me just make it clear what I think about Shoka. Whether it's this year or the next one or the one after. At some point he will become the best pokemon player of his time. I see him being one of the best ever. I really do think that. He just needs to get over his nerves and mature a bit. These things only get better with experience and you can tell the difference between last year and this one. He's done well in SPL and he's reached both Smogon Tour and Smogon Classic Play offs. His potential is infinite, it's up to him what he does with it. Cosine is probably the best ORAS OU player in the game right now, Just like shoka is the best BW player. I will slightly give Shoka the edge in DPP.

3. xray
vs. 14. blunder

xray's been a friend of mine for a pretty good while. On the other hand I recently met blunder. I really think they are two of the best up and coming players and they've grown so much in a short time. Like McMeghan said, it's gonna be a very close series but I will give xray the edge because he's more experienced.

4. PDC vs. 13. Malekith

I honestly enjoy watching Malekith play. He is a very unorthodox player who packs a lot of surprises. He also has a world of experience in him. But his form has dipped while PDC just gets better every year. I really think people are sleeping on PDC, he's established himself as a top player recently. I think PDC is the better player in ORAS and BW while he can also match Malekith in DPP. But this could go either way.

I've played with hellpowna recently and he's beaten me quite a few times. I am an honest guy and I will be honest when I say I liked what I saw. He can make plays if the opportunity arises and he is solid in DPP. But Ciele has been playing for a very long time and he's capable in every single one of the tiers. It would be an upset if Ciele fails to win this series.

It's hard not to be bias in this one. As xray called cosine ''my best buddy on smogon'', Soulwind is the same to me. However, bias aside. I think Soulwind will win BW, and he can match tama in DPP. I say this because I expected to beat him in the tie breaker of SPL in DPP and he managed to upset. ORAS is a toss up though. That's why this game is pretty hard to predict as only BW has a clear favorite while the other two are close. But I think SoulWind will win.

7. Omfuga vs. 10. PokèManiac Livio - eh, heard they were both okay.

8. Luigi. vs. 9. Mounts

The unfortunate seed that has to face me in the next round, I really won't predict this cause y'all just gonna lose anyway next round.

I wasn't going to respond but since i'm posting anyway, I have to address this:
1. BKC vs. 16. Sweepage
Masterclass is one of the most overrated players on smogon.
I can't be overrated If I am playing at the highest level for many years now. You've been here since 2003 and there are still people who can't spell your name right. I'll probably take your comments into consideration if they came from someone like McMeghan or M Dragon who have been playing tournaments at the highest level. You stick to hosting tournaments, I'll stick to competing in them.

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
1. BKC vs. 16. Sweepage- i'm expecting sweep to take bw as i think he's one of the best bw players on the site(altho bkc had an insane bw record this season), but i think kev prob takes the other 2. Sweep seems to always feel the need to run a fat sorta team in every "important" dpp match he plays, and as one of the best dpp builders bkc will probably take good advantage of that. ORAS is kind of a tossup, i'm kinda expecting the one who has team east(+abr) oras support to not have too much trouble getting through this, but whenever i see bkc playing oras he makes quite a few missplays(probably because he plays at the speed of light lol) so idk. Should be a good set
2. cosine180 vs. 15. Shoka- Shoka can take bw but i don't see him beating cosine in the other metas. Could be wrong tho
3. xray vs. 14. blunder- Classiest represent. The oras game will prob be the best one this round, and blunder's actually p good at bw altho most ppl don't know that, so i'm giving him the edge. I'm pretty biased in this one tho so idk
4. PDC vs. 13. Malekith - male's one of the funniest guys to play against, dude predicts like a dam madman. But i think pdc's definetly the better oras player(although male can take advantage of pdc's need of bringing a fatass team in every official tour) and bw player. DPP will be close but i don't see him losing tbh
5. Ciele vs. 12. hellpowna- ciele's one of the most mysterious users and it's awesome to see him playing these tours again. His bw game is amazing, and oras isn't bad, while i think hellpowna's more of just a dpp main, so i'd be surprised to see the wolfpack rapper winning this one
6. Tamahome vs. 11. SoulWind- This is def the best set of games imo. Both make the weirdest predictions, but also the best ones i've seen. Sw takes bw tama takes dpp with his trusty zapdos and starmie, and oras is hard to tell, but i'll give tama the edge
7. Omfuga vs. 10. PokèManiac Livio- Gonna have to predict fuga to win otherwise i'll catch his wrath i don't see fuga losing oras, specially if abr makes some new fire. I think livio will take bw as he's actually rly good at it, but fuga's love for the dpp metagame will get him to the next round
8. Luigi. vs. 9. Mounts- Mostly predicting gb cuz i haven's seen anything from mounts outside of oras. If ojama's actually helping him out this is a whole different story tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)