1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Smogon Tour Season 6 Finals

Discussion in 'Smogon Tour' started by Aeolus, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

1 Earthworm
    2 Maniaclyrasist
    3 Fabbles
    4 Arin
    5 JabbaTheGriffin
    6 Gouki
    7 Loki
    8 Taylor
    8 Baris

We have a tie for the eighth spot... which presents a small problem for starting! We will have a play off between Taylor and Baris, and once a winner is decided, we will begin the tournament. I have delayed so that people will have a chance to refresh their teams before the finals. Please be patient for just a bit longer so we can decide who will fill that final slot!
  2. Maniaclyrasist

Maniaclyrasist custom user title of doom!!!
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Will the finals be played with the current Platinum metagame or with the D/P metagame that included Garchomp?
  3. gorm

gorm
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

naw i think this should be the last hurrah of the pre Pt. metagame for sure :D
  4. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Platinum changes will not be included. Garchomp will not be allowed in OU.
  5. X-Trader

X-Trader

How are you going to do this then? Platinum changes would include Hypnosis accuracy, and since it's been programmed already how are you going to stop this?
  6. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Yeah, I want to hold off my match with Baris until we have absolute certainty within the rules of this tour.
  7. HECTORtu

HECTORtu matty is gay for me!

Hmmm, wonder how off I was of that 8th spot.
  8. COCKBLOCK

COCKBLOCK

9. Gaborik

Gaborik

Congratulations to the top 8! I nearly spammed enough points to sneak in by playing every week, but my lack of ability in ubers killed me. Also, getting to the semi-finals in OU in the same week didn't help either. I wish I could have spread those out to separate weeks. Good luck participants (just don't get stuck with EW since he just haxes the tours anyway ;P)
  10. Venom

Venom red eyes no visine
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

next time Xenogears, next time..
  11. Eternal

Eternal
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I say let that be the only Platinum change allowed.

Or you guys can go to some other server that hasn't gone through Platinum changes. My server is down for maintenance so can't battle there. =O
  12. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag

* No move tutor moves
    * No breeding moves made possible my move tutors, etc. etc. etc.
    * No new Pokemon (Shaymin-S, etc.)

Hypnosis accuracy chance is fine. Any questions, let me know.
  13. Maniaclyrasist

is a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Why is Garchomp banned for the tour finals? The whole tour was played with Garchomp which means most players would have either built teams with Garchomp or teams with him in mind. Asking us to change teams now for a metagame we can't exactly test for seems a bit unfair.
  14. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

There was an entire month period where there was a metagame with Garchomp banned. Garchomp was tested legitimately and deemed to be uber. I don't see what the problem is. (the decision to use the old uu tier list is NOT precedent for this decision just in case people try to state such.)
  15. Maniaclyrasist

There is no reason why that old uu tier list it shouldn't be precedent to this discussion. And Jabba even if a metagame where Garchomp was banned was present that doesn't mean that everyone played it, and even if people played that metagame Deoxys-S wasn't allowed there and it was never removed from the tour or banned at any time during the tour so Suspect Ladder is still irrelevant here as this would be a different metagame anyway.

Garchomp was still OU at the time of Suspect Ladder anyway and it was still allowed in tours so I see no reason to ban it from the tour finals.
  16. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'm fine with the stipulations. Unfortunately I'm reluntant to play due to this Garchomp debate, that has now thrown another spanner in the works. I don't mind whether or not we can use it. I just want this clarifying so me and Baris can play immediately.

Edit: We stuck to the original rules without Garchomp permitted. I won Ubers and OU and never got around to UU because there was no point, so I advance!
  17. .Baris.

.Baris.

lost in uubers to a crit
    and in ou to a speedtie
  18. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Unlucky Baris, congrats Taylor!
  19. Jimbo

Jimbo take me anywhere
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Congrats to all the finalists! Good luck to everyone.

Damn I ended up at 85, so close!
  20. dekzeh

dekzeh The caretaker of sin
    is a Pre-Contributoris a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Gouki to win it all!
  21. Stathakis

Stathakis I hax people in real life
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Field Ranger

ok so now I can make predictions....

fabbles is gonna win this thing for sure.
  22. Sapientia

Sapientia Gott weiƟ ich will kein Engel sein
    is a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Maniac wins, as fat baris got haxed :(
  23. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Damn, I really like all of these battlers.

Don't make me choose. :/

Good luck to all of you!

(I predict a Maniaclyrasist v Fabbles final that Maniac wins barely, and also that Earthworm will metagame against his opponent incorrectly)
  24. Aldaron

Aldaron indefatigable workhorse
    is a Tournament Directoris a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administrator
    OU and IRC Leader

considering I hate every battler there I am voting for Arin.

Go Team Uber!!!
  25. kd24

kd24 yo daddy musta been a drug dealer? why, cuz you're dope
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

go gou gouk gouki (gouki to win it all x])
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)