Smogon Tour Season 6 Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
1 Earthworm
2 Maniaclyrasist
3 Fabbles
4 Arin
5 JabbaTheGriffin
6 Gouki
7 Loki
8 Taylor
8 Baris

We have a tie for the eighth spot... which presents a small problem for starting! We will have a play off between Taylor and Baris, and once a winner is decided, we will begin the tournament. I have delayed so that people will have a chance to refresh their teams before the finals. Please be patient for just a bit longer so we can decide who will fill that final slot!

Will the finals be played with the current Platinum metagame or with the D/P metagame that included Garchomp?

How are you going to do this then? Platinum changes would include Hypnosis accuracy, and since it's been programmed already how are you going to stop this?

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I want to hold off my match with Baris until we have absolute certainty within the rules of this tour.

Congratulations to the top 8! I nearly spammed enough points to sneak in by playing every week, but my lack of ability in ubers killed me. Also, getting to the semi-finals in OU in the same week didn't help either. I wish I could have spread those out to separate weeks. Good luck participants (just don't get stuck with EW since he just haxes the tours anyway ;P)

How are you going to do this then? Platinum changes would include Hypnosis accuracy, and since it's been programmed already how are you going to stop this?
I say let that be the only Platinum change allowed.

Or you guys can go to some other server that hasn't gone through Platinum changes. My server is down for maintenance so can't battle there. =O

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
* No move tutor moves
* No breeding moves made possible my move tutors, etc. etc. etc.
* No new Pokemon (Shaymin-S, etc.)

Hypnosis accuracy chance is fine. Any questions, let me know.

Why is Garchomp banned for the tour finals? The whole tour was played with Garchomp which means most players would have either built teams with Garchomp or teams with him in mind. Asking us to change teams now for a metagame we can't exactly test for seems a bit unfair.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There was an entire month period where there was a metagame with Garchomp banned. Garchomp was tested legitimately and deemed to be uber. I don't see what the problem is. (the decision to use the old uu tier list is NOT precedent for this decision just in case people try to state such.)

There was an entire month period where there was a metagame with Garchomp banned. Garchomp was tested legitimately and deemed to be uber. I don't see what the problem is. (the decision to use the old uu tier list is NOT precedent for this decision just in case people try to state such.)
There is no reason why that old uu tier list it shouldn't be precedent to this discussion. And Jabba even if a metagame where Garchomp was banned was present that doesn't mean that everyone played it, and even if people played that metagame Deoxys-S wasn't allowed there and it was never removed from the tour or banned at any time during the tour so Suspect Ladder is still irrelevant here as this would be a different metagame anyway.

Garchomp was still OU at the time of Suspect Ladder anyway and it was still allowed in tours so I see no reason to ban it from the tour finals.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm fine with the stipulations. Unfortunately I'm reluntant to play due to this Garchomp debate, that has now thrown another spanner in the works. I don't mind whether or not we can use it. I just want this clarifying so me and Baris can play immediately.

Edit: We stuck to the original rules without Garchomp permitted. I won Ubers and OU and never got around to UU because there was no point, so I advance!

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Congrats to all the finalists! Good luck to everyone.

Damn I ended up at 85, so close!

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Damn, I really like all of these battlers.

Don't make me choose. :/

Good luck to all of you!

(I predict a Maniaclyrasist v Fabbles final that Maniac wins barely, and also that Earthworm will metagame against his opponent incorrectly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)