Smogon Usage-Based Tier Update: February 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
RU ladder shows gurdurr having 1.8% usage, while the suspect ladder shows it having 11% usage. Such a big jump.
The reason there was such a large spike is usage is call center assistant AMAZING RU BUILDER / PLAYER SHOULDA BEEN DRAFTED FOR SPL IMO Arifeen's Last Dinosaur team which many people abused in order to get reqs, as it is a solid team overall. Honestly 3 out of 10 battles you'd find that team and it got really crammed. From what I used of it, Gurdurr was the most reliable check it had to Sharpedo and honestly it rising seems kinda weird since the reason it was most used for in the ladder is gone now.

Antar I'd assume it'll just have to be another month's usage cycle for gurdurr to drop since it was literally one team that was spammed in ladder for it to drop correct?.

Last edited:
Antar I'd assume it'll just have to be another month's usage cycle for gurdurr to drop since it was literally one team that was spammed in ladder for it to drop correct?.
It'll have to be below 2.3% IIRC, but that's weighted over two months (5:1 in favor of next month). So let's say the combined usage for this month was 6% (I'll look up the real number at some point). Then its usage next month will need to be below 1.5%, if I did my arithmetic right..?

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Gurdurr moved from NU to RU. That's the only change this month.

(Stats are up on http://smogon.com/stats/2016-02 )

Recall that in order to rise in the month following a regular tier update, a Pokemon's usage must exceed 6.7% or must fall below 1.7% to drop.
Wait a second, I presume the usage stats for RU are based on the suspect test 1630 stats for Gurdurr to quickrise:

RU1630:
| 69 | Gurdurr | 1.88622% | 1076 | 1.023% | 837 | 1.031% |

RUsuspecttest1630:
| 13 | Gurdurr | 11.56576% | 4766 | 3.808% | 4054 | 4.120% |

In that case, shouldn't Aggron and Trevenant be scheduled to quickdrop as well?

RUsuspecttest1630:
| 74 | Aggron | 1.63906% | 5294 | 4.230% | 4163 | 4.231% |
| 75 | Trevenant | 1.59789% | 5232 | 4.180% | 4121 | 4.188% |

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wait a second, I presume the usage stats for RU are based on the suspect test 1630 stats for Gurdurr to quickrise:

RU1630:
| 69 | Gurdurr | 1.88622% | 1076 | 1.023% | 837 | 1.031% |

RUsuspecttest1630:
| 13 | Gurdurr | 11.56576% | 4766 | 3.808% | 4054 | 4.120% |

In that case, shouldn't Aggron and Trevenant be scheduled to quickdrop as well?

RUsuspecttest1630:
| 74 | Aggron | 1.63906% | 5294 | 4.230% | 4163 | 4.231% |
| 75 | Trevenant | 1.59789% | 5232 | 4.180% | 4121 | 4.188% |
It seems their regular RU usage balances out that usage for now. The usage of Trev in the original RU is about 3.84%, while Aggron's is roughly 3.32%. The regular RU usage is most likely enough to balance out their low usage on the suspect ladder as it's much higher on the regular RU ladder. I don't know what the combined usage is, but it's most likely higher than 1.7% at the moment.

If anyone is still keeping up with FU Usage and Stats:

Lumineon moved from FU to PU
Swanna moved from PU to FU
Mightyena moved from PU to FU
Actually, FU doesn't get quick rises or quick-drops. it's funny that way.
Gurdurr moved from NU to RU. That's the only change this month.

(Stats are up on http://smogon.com/stats/2016-02 )

Recall that in order to rise in the month following a regular tier update, a Pokemon's usage must exceed 6.7% or must fall below 1.7% to drop.

Edit: Anything Goes fans will have to wait a day or so for the me to get the 1630 stats.
Imo, Gurdurr should have been RU long ago. It's actually better there than it was in NU.

Actually, FU's not a supported tier, so people can play by whatever rules they want. That being said, I only publish the FU banlist every three months.

Actually, FU's not a supported tier, so people can play by whatever rules they want. That being said, I only publish the FU banlist every three months.
Thankd! Actually FU has a kinda faithful base of players... Just not big enough to make it to the surface again... :3 but sooner or later we will get here again! :3 so, please Antar! Keep doing those quick drops and raises! *_*

Btw! I would love to help you with stats! :3

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
whoever is in charge of moving mons in the teambuilder forgot to move Gurdurr to RU, it obviously updated because it says Sawk is BL3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)