SmogonDex Toolbar for Internet Explorer

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Internet Explorer Dex Search Toolbar

I recently made a SmogonDex toolbar for Internet Explorer quite like The Mozilla Search Plug-in. We do have the Mozilla Plug-In but more people use Internet Explorer over Firefox (I know its absurd) so I did this.

SmogonDex - Updated to fix the spyware porblem.

Download that file and place it in your C:\Windows folder (or whatever drive your windows is installed in)

The go to :-

Start --> Run and type RegSvr32 SmogonDex and press OK.

Run Internet Explorer with the SmogonDex toolbar.

Screenshots :-

- Updated Screenshot.

Hope you guys like it..

Uninstall Instructions :-

1. Make sure that SmogonDex.dll is present in your Windows folder. If not redownload it and put it there though its safest to have the same file you installed from there.

2. Then go to Start --> Run and type

RegSvr32 /u SmogonDex

and press OK.

3. Congrats, its uninstalled. You can delete the file now.

Wow, that's awesome. I just tested it and it works perfectly. I've got it installed now and I'll leave it, just in case I ever have to go back to Internet Explorer for anything (God forbid.) I don't use Internet Explorer normally, of course, but it's great to have Dex searches for the top three browsers out there now.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yea.. The Mozilla plugin works for Netscape too but you need to do a few manual steps..

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
I still need the source code, I can probably get rid of the ugly background on the icon. :)

If you figure out how to make it into an installer instead of a .dll file, we'd appreciate that information as well chaos.

Shiv

mostly harmless
Thanks Aeo.. Also Zero and chaos I have to transfer the respective sources to you guys so try to catch me online sometime.

Ohhh kaiiiibaaaaa...

I downloaded this toolbar yesterday, and during its daily sceduled scan, Microsoft AntiSpyware detected it as a CoolWebSearch trojan this morning while I was at work! :o

A few moments later, I ran Spybot S&D and it detected THREE other threats!

I don't know if I should ever trust you again... :(

I have both of these anti-spyware programs and I'll run a scan myself. He told me that he coded it himself in C++ so your spyware stuff had to come from somewhere else.

I'll edit back in a few after I've scanned my system.

Edit: OK yeah, it was the toolbar - a bunch of shit came up on mine. However, I believe that I can assure you that it's not kaiba's fault. It's probably the crappy software he used to make the toolbar to begin with.

Shiv

mostly harmless
!!!! I blame that Atl addition on my Visual C++...
# RBDeskBand ATL Object Wizard (Version 2.0)
# CWindowImpl ATL Object Wizard
Well, I guess Ill just work on an installer version. Maybe you should trust me again, lol.

zeroality said:
OK yeah, it was the toolbar - a bunch of shit came up on mine. However, I believe that I can assure you that it's not kaiba's fault. It's probably the crappy software he used to make the toolbar to begin with.
Did you use another anti-spyware program besides MS AntiSpyware and Spybot S&D? My Ad-Aware SE Personal came up with nothing [EDIT: scratch that, now it came up with 5 critical objects found
]
, and I only use Hijackthis for when I CAN'T get the spyware crap out.

I used to use Webroot Spy Sweeper until Microsoft released the first beta of their Anti-spyware program, which is based on technology MS acquired from GIANT Company Software Inc on December 16, 2004. When I ran it the first time it did a much better job than Spy Sweeper, so I uninstalled Spy Sweeper (Right now, I wish I should've never done that, but oh well... *shrugs* I'll just get a fresh copy for use on a new rig I plan on building after moving in to a new house at Republic.)

chaos said:
:/

I'll make a version.
Agreed.

My mom won't let me download it because we have "IE problems". It would be SO USEFUL though. Good job.

Shiv

mostly harmless
Oh well here are the updates :-

1. There was a Hot Icon glitch, fixed that.
CoolWebSearch.MWSearch is a CoolWebSearch Trojan that installs a toolbar and modifies Internet Explorer settings.
As this does install a toolbar I cant figure out a way to make the anti-spyware not detect this as of now. If you still want to use it I can send you the fixed version. Im still trying to fix the spyware thing though.

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
You're so ungrateful; :(. Can't you at least show an ounce of appreciation?

One of the most infamous highjackers known to date. Comes in a variety of versions, all using different techniques.

Handle with extreme care!

CoolWebSearch is a name given to a wide range of different browser hijackers. Though the code is very different between variants, they are all used to redirect users to coolwebsearch.com and other sites affiliated with its operators.

I go infected once, and it fucks shit.

Shiv

mostly harmless
Well, Ive given chaos the source and if he reads through it he can probably vouch that all this does is installs a toolbar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)