Smogon's First Create-A-Team - Part 2

hahaha its funny you mentioned that. Yes, Scarftar is excellent and extremely surprising in general, run Fire Blast, SE, EQ, Crunch, perhaps Thundebolt> Crunch for SS teams, as Stone Edge still OHKOs Gengar with ease. Boah won't stop Gyara though, and smart users will switch out. Yes sub can be a hazard for them, but any smart Gyarados user will save him for later.

I agree with one of the above posters. I don't think that we should make a sand storm team, although I do think that sand storm as one of the major elements in the team could work good. What I am trying to say is that we should not limit ourselves to a sand storm team before we start because then I think that the team might look overwhelmingly similar to other weather based teams. I think that if TTar is on the team, its main purpose should be a mid to late game sweeper and not a lead.

Does anyone like my idea from the old thread that we try to use many "original" movesets or movesets from the "creative movesets" thread in order to make this team original and to possibly boost some good undiscovered strategies?

True that, I am still considering Scarftar lead though. Maybe Ice Beam will go well in the Thunderbolt/ Crunch slot. Hell, maybe even Earthquake, it won't be that useful, as Fire Blast will OHKO Lucario anyway, not to mention Breloom :naughty:

Ice Beam allows it to surprise those god forsaken Mixmences.

i have a feeling that a weather based team would really start to limit things. mind you i can't say i've tried an offensive sandstorm team beofre, sounds fun.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
On the Rhyperior thing, I think it's a merited idea, just with the wrong pokemon. Supported by sandstorm, Regirock can also handle quite a bit, and with no def EV investments at all, it still hits 436. Thats ~20 points greater than the average Skarm. With enough SpD to potentially hit 315 and Sandstorm boosting it to higher than its defense, Regirock has the potential to Curse sweep. Just something to consider. (Also if anyone thinks I'm going too BL with my ideas just tell me and I'll stick to OU).
At the last part, absolutely not. Regirock is cool, and probably does what you're thinking about infintiely better than Rhyperior because the former has a couple of baaaad x4 weaknesses and way less Sp. Def to work with. Not to mention a distinct lack of Explosion.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have merely scanned the thread, Curt. I will just give a brief on what kind of "offensive" team I'm hopefully looking for.

Note: That this doesn't mean I want this for definat, but with previous experience I believe these are some of the best options.

Plenty of Life Orb and Mixed attacking in the team. Many teams are teared apart due to Pokemon being to take out walls because of their weakness to one side of the attacking stat, ie: Skarmory and SDef.

Options:

Infernape
Lucario
Salamence

--------

I am a fan of Revenge killing in the D/P Metagame. I think for a team that will most likely be very frail, the team must be able to not be outspeeded by a Pokemon that can OHKO your team. So I'd invest maybe 2 Scarf Pokemon to be an additional threat to the opponent's team.

Options:

Garchomp
Gengar
Heatran

--------

I will quickly address a love for dangerous Pokemon with a stat boost attack, ie: Dragon Dance. If you let a Pokemon die on your behalf, you can bring in your Pokemon best suited to sweep because the opponent's Pokemon can't harm the new threat you brought to the field.

Options:

Gyarados
Lucario
Azelf

---------

I will make more of an effort in this thread when I have some more time.

I'm gonna be shot down in flames for suggesting this, but we could possibly do a bellyzard team. Most standerd teams have trouble countering them if you set up correctly and it's something a little different. You would want:

A rapid spinner (to deal with rocks)
Walls (Obviously or you will be swept before you even get charizard in)
A secondary attacker (in case charizard dies)
A good encorer or something similar (to get him in safely)
Charizard (no explanation needed)

I've always liked the idea of offensively endowed tankish pokes (metagross starmie machamp) starting off the match, clippling stuff (leech seed, trick, para) and finishing off with a cleaner (infernape, gengar, weavile).

I'd also support using a BL poke like p2 or mismagius for extra flavour/unpredictability ?__?

yeh; but a purelyy offensive hail team is nearly impossible to get... and we'll be 50% weak to SR on nearly everything

I can't believe no one has even mentioned Trick Room, yet. It's practically built for offense! Opposing sweepers will be completely destroyed, and walls will be overpowered by bulky and powerful Pokémon, with no ability to hit them hard.

Smogon needs a famous TR team. Trick Room teams are versatile, too, being able to go first whenever it is necessary. There should be at least two backup fast sweepers, of course, to increase versatility out of Trick Room.

*Cough* Hail team >_>

On a more serious note: A U-Turn team seems to work well for me, particularly if you have a trapper you can turn to. Then again, I'm just testing it out because Wobbuffet is on the ladder right now and probably won't be nearly as useful.

But people have already mentioned Hail. And they have discussed why an offensive Hail team wouldn't work. *Cough* SR weak *Cough* Wasting passive damage *Cough*

Trick Room for the win!

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35684

Most super-effective hits: Ice / Ground (9 types super-effective)
Fewest resists: After dragon comes... Ice / Ground and Ice / Electric, both resisted by only two pokemon in the entire game. (Bronzong/Surskit resist ice/ground, Magnezone and Lanturn resist ice/electric). Rock/Ground theoretically tie, but there are more pokemon in practice (Flygon, Torterra, Bronzong, Breloom...)

If you aren't spamming Blizzard, you aren't taking advantage of Hail.

I really really want to use CM passing Celebi. I cannot describle in words how awesome that thing is.

The team would have a few bulky special sweepers and a mixed wall, something like Celebi/Mixmence/Raikou/Slowbro/Jirachi/Infernape.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35684

Most super-effective hits: Ice / Ground (9 types super-effective)
Fewest resists: After dragon comes... Ice / Ground and Ice / Electric, both resisted by only two pokemon in the entire game. (Bronzong/Surskit resist ice/ground, Magnezone and Lanturn resist ice/electric). Rock/Ground theoretically tie, but there are more pokemon in practice (Flygon, Torterra, Bronzong, Breloom...)

If you aren't spamming Blizzard, you aren't taking advantage of Hail.
i'm glad someone else is spreading the word about ice/ground. if you guys have read my posts before, you know what's coming. yes, i'm spreading the word on mamoswine again, CB swine to be specific. stab on ice AND ground, a priority move and attack that's just off the charts. half the teams out there are mamoswine weak because this ice/ground 1-2 punch. many teams have say 2 pokes that are ground weak so they throw in say a salamence to resist it, but that's ice weak. they don't realise they have a problem because they think the types are balanced, and yes they are but still mamo weak. here's a list of pokes that are either weak to ground, ice or can be OHKO by CB mamoswine's sky high attack:

salamence
dragonite
garchomp
roserade
metagross
breloom
lucario
heatran
infernape
t-tar
weavile
gliscor
starmie
jirachi
porygon-z
jolteon
celebi
togekiss
hippowdon
donphan
yanmega
magnezone
scizor

need i go on? this list of pokes also all happen to be in shoddy's top 50 for unweighted usage. mamoswine kicks ass. so what am i trying to say? don't forget about this monster when making our team. you don't have to put it in of course (that's what she said) but man is this thing beastly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)