Smogon's first Create-A-Team - Part 3

What should be our first pokemon?

• Total voters
My vote goes to Lucario. Specifically, a Scarf Lucario seems like a good option. Something like...

Lucario @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 2 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Me First / Hidden Power Ice / Psychic
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

I recommend Me First, myself. But the other two are less useful options. If we use this as a lead, it can outspeed ScarfGar's I've encountered.

I vote Gallade. If we're going to play with resistances and switch around a lot, might as well start with something that resists SR. Sadly, Mamoswine doesn't get my vote, since we'd be forced to include a spinner on the team, something I am against.

Gallade doesn't resist a lot, though.

man this is a tight race. when's voting gonna stop? i don't think there'll be one guy that really outruns its competition.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
well i didnt see anything i liked, soooooo here's my vote: Scarf Tauros.
It ties with ScarfGar, and can hit many common leads SE with a EQ/Stone Edge/Return/Pursuit, although pursuit can be dropped in favor of another attacking move.

I threw a vote to mamoswine since I have had to include one in every one of my teams for the last month and it is familiar to me. If you set up mamoswine well he is hard to beat. Though, my close second would definitely be Gallade after playing Lee's alts/stalkers about 8 times this past week. If you predict wrong a CB gallade punishes you (or you get lucky and sand veil saves you from an ice punch on gliscor haha)

CHARIZARD!

Charizard@Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Modest
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
-Overheat
-Air Slash
-Focus Blast
-HP (Ice)

My current lead. Ironically beats a little more than half the leads posted in the poll 1v1 lol :toast:
Honestly, who doesn't love Charizard? *prepares to knife anyone who raises hand*

Forces the use of a spinner though, but in this day and age, what team doesn't have one?

CHARIZARD!

Charizard@Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Modest
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spd
-Overheat
-Air Slash
-Focus Blast
-HP (Ice)

My current lead. Ironically beats a little more than half the leads posted in the poll 1v1 lol :toast:
Honestly, who doesn't love Charizard? *prepares to knife anyone who raises hand*

Forces the use of a spinner though, but in this day and age, what team doesn't have one?
mine %__%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)