Smogon's Forum Invitational - Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.
A hypocritically noobish requiem for Serebii's Gen IV presence (had to do it, bout of noobishness, see.)

THE SEREBII NOOBS ARE DEAD/THE SEREBII NOOBS ARE NOT PINING/THE SEREBII NOOBS HAVE PASSED ON/THE SEREBII NOOBS ARE NO MORE/THE SEREBII NOOBS HAVE CEASED TO BE/THE SEREBII NOOBS HAVE EXPIRED AND GONE TO MEET THEIR MAKER/THE SEREBII NOOBS ARE A STIFF/THE SEREBII NOOBS BEREFT OF LIFE THEY REST IN PEACE/IF WE HADN'T NAILED THE SEREBII NOOBS TO THE FLOOR THEY'D BE PUSHING UP THE DAISIES/THE SEREBII NOOBS' METABOLIC PROCESSES ARE NOW HISTORY/THE SEREBII NOOBS ARE OFF THE TWIG/THE SEREBII NOOBS HAVE KICKED THE BUCKET/THE SEREBII NOOBS SHUFFLED OFF THEIR MORTAL COIL, RUN DOWN THE CURTAIN AND JOINED THE BLEEDING CHOIR INVISIBLE

THESE ARE
EX-SEREBII EX-NOOBS!!!!!!!

I just want to know, I, and none of my other Team PO team mates know who this random troll is... nor do we endorse his views. I apologize.

Anyways, go Pokemon Online!

Originally Posted by Fat Tortferngatr
A hypocritically noobish requiem for Serebii's Gen IV presence (had to do it, bout of noobishness, see.)

THE SEREBII NOOBS ARE DEAD/THE SEREBII NOOBS ARE NOT PINING/THE SEREBII NOOBS HAVE PASSED ON/THE SEREBII NOOBS ARE NO MORE/THE SEREBII NOOBS HAVE CEASED TO BE/THE SEREBII NOOBS HAVE EXPIRED AND GONE TO MEET THEIR MAKER/THE SEREBII NOOBS ARE A STIFF/THE SEREBII NOOBS BEREFT OF LIFE THEY REST IN PEACE/IF WE HADN'T NAILED THE SEREBII NOOBS TO THE FLOOR THEY'D BE PUSHING UP THE DAISIES/THE SEREBII NOOBS' METABOLIC PROCESSES ARE NOW HISTORY/THE SEREBII NOOBS ARE OFF THE TWIG/THE SEREBII NOOBS HAVE KICKED THE BUCKET/THE SEREBII NOOBS SHUFFLED OFF THEIR MORTAL COIL, RUN DOWN THE CURTAIN AND JOINED THE BLEEDING CHOIR INVISIBLE

THESE ARE EX-SEREBII EX-NOOBS!!!!!!!

I just want to know, I, and none of my other Team PO team mates know who this random troll is... nor do we endorse his views. I apologize.

Anyways, go Pokemon Online!
We do endorse his support on PO however :3

We endorse the support, but now I guess everyone understands why his topics were deleted and he was infracted on our forums, lol. Anyway, apologies for that.

Zephyr

Life Stream
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Right Harry I'm sure you'd be one of the last one's to criticize my ability to win =D and I was playing for serebii.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Just a reminder for the final matchup. Get it done as soon as you can. I won't be extending the deadline because there has been a lot of time. Make sure everyone will play or substitute them.

*randomly comes across this thread while Googling for something*

What? You guys lost?! When you get back to the forums heads are gonna fly!! I expect BETTER next time PokeBeachers!!

:p

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
KG, if I recall correctly pana and Flygon are in talks. I am unsure of whats going on w/ Ciele and his opponent, however we do have the biggest timezone issues of anyone else in this tournament thus far so you gotta bear with us.

Cyrrona

starlet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I've been looking out for my opponent daily, but I'll step it up over the next few days and make sure we get this done. I also spoke with Ciele recently and I'm confident we'll have all the necessary matches played before the deadline.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Schedule a time you can both commit to if you are having trouble seeing each other. I would like to avoid advancing Marriland based on their current record or coin flipping the remaining matches.

I've been looking out for my opponent daily, but I'll step it up over the next few days and make sure we get this done. I also spoke with Ciele recently and I'm confident we'll have all the necessary matches played before the deadline.
exactly where did you search? :o
we will hopefully get this done today or tomorrow

Cyrrona

starlet
PrayingMantis said:
exactly where did you search? :o
I keep my eye on the active users list while browsing Smogon and I've hopped on experte a few times as well, but I was mostly referencing the former--I'm sure our conflicting timezones kept us from running into each other on shoddy.

Anyway, we've worked out a time to play tomorrow, so we'll have this done soon!

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Playing Flygon 7am tomorrow (pretty sure my timezone is more than 7hours ahead of KGs so that should be before the deadline i think).

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Yeah, that's fine. If there is a need for a tiebreaker, that can take place after the deadline. As long as the games that are currently remaining are done it's all good.

Cyrrona

starlet
Losing a speed tie and then missing a late-game Hydro Pump (EDIT: which would have KOd with my spread but whatever it's done [EDITEDIT: actually my max satk spread easily gets the necessary damage 100% of the time vs regular x and there'd likely be a good chance of getting it against your spread unless you ran ridiculous amounts of hp and sdef which I'm pretty sure you didn't have, but this discussion doesn't really matter so let's just drop it]) cost me a game I would have won otherwise. tfp. Go get it, pana.

send the girl down anytime sapienta

won against eet, he had some luck with a para at the beginning (and yeah that did change something) and he missed his hydro pump (which wouldnt have killed in 80% auf the cases anyways)

it wasnt a good game but tfp anyways

e: and no it wouldnt have koed even with max satk modest (and you cant play more lol) because i have some sdef evs in (and even without you still only ohko with a chance of 50% lol)

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
mantis' sister still works very well :D

Has the captain to play the tie breaker or can we use any player of our team?

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
If it comes to tiebreaker again, I am sure that anyone could play, seeing as me and Conflict already played haha

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Okay so apparantly I misread the VM, I was on looking for him this morning but he asked to battle tomorrow morning. Which is after the deadline. Anyway here's the situation:

-I VM -Flygon- 26th December asking what times would be good to battle. We agree to play after the new year and he'll contact me then.

-I wait for him to contact me but he doesn't so I send him a VM on January 3rd asking if x times work as he didn't VM me back with times that do work.

-He VMs me back January 4th saying my times aren't good and if we can switch times. Note that I VMed him like 6 possible times so he still hasn't given me a specific time that we can play.

-I VM him back that same day saying yes switching times would be fine and ask again for him to VM me back with a date and time to play.

-He replies 2 days later (on January the 6th) asking to play "Friday 22pm my time" which as it turns out is a day past the deadline.

So basically I PMed asking him for times to play on the 26th of December (and asked again multiple times after that) and it took _Flygon_ until the 6th of January to suggest a date and a time that works for him (as I said I'm pretty flexible cos I'm on holidays) and then when he does suggest a date and time it's after the deadline.

This can all be verified by checking our walls btw.

I'll be on all day again but it's not looking good as I think he's asleep right now and then he'll have school when he wakes up. P.S. I have been active!

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Just play tomorrow when he wanted to if it was a misunderstanding. If it doesn't happen I'll have to force it into a tiebreaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)