#smogonvgc Live Tournament Week 17 - Terrakion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi everyone, in an effort to promote activity here in the VGC subforum, we'll be holding a practice tournament this Friday at 6 pm eastern daylight time (UTC -4, US East Coast time). If this tournament goes over well enough, we'll do more like it and hopefully have more fun stuff for everyone. This week, we'll be giving away a Jolly Terrakion (soft reset by Pyritie ) to everyone that enters the tournament to use in future live tournaments, or one of the many premier challenges being held across the US (and the world?).

This week, TheMantyke will be running the bracket.

View the bracket and sign up for the tournament here
The link for the IRC channel, #smogonvgc is Here.

You will need to check in one hour before the tournament begins to participate.

Additionally, we're aiming to record the finals and put them up on the official Smogon Youtube Channel! This should go without saying, but please, if you make it to the finals, save your Battle Videos and post them here!

Last week's finals have been uploaded to the youtube channel:

The rules are simple:
  • Flat Doubles, pentagon Pokemon ONLY. Basic VGC rules here, folks. If it's not allowed on ORAS Battle Spot, it isn't allowed here.
  • For the purpose of having the tournament run on time, strategies such as Minimize are STRONGLY discouraged. Id' like to keep this tournament fun and fast; these strategies are neither.
  • Competitors will need a copy of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire to enter.
  • The tournament will be Swiss, best of one with a top cut (with best of three matches) that will be determined by how many people enter (or depending on time constraints)
  • Each round will last a maximum of 30 minutes. If the match is not completed within the timeframe, it will be up to the host to decide who wins or who loses.
  • If there is a disconnection, it will be up to the host to decide who wins or who loses. Make sure to have a camera handy to get some proof if you're nervous about this.
  • Since this is a non-weighted practice tournament, you may change your team between rounds. However, it might be better practice for you not to do so.
  • You must join the IRC channel #smogonvgc in order to participate.

Halvard -
Terrakion

Nature: Jolly - Ability: Justified - Location: Pokemon Omega Ruby
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31

This week, we'll be giving away Halvard the ORAS-caught Terrakion. The previous tournament he was in, not too man participated in, so we have a whole bunch of stock leftover still to give out. It might dislike Fairy-types and Intimidate, but being able to destroy incredibly powerful Pokemon like Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Charizard Y means Terrakion is not to be taken lightly.

So even if you're not confident in your skills or your team, remember that this is just for practice and that you're getting a free Terrakion. Stop by #smogonvgc this Friday to show your support for VGC on Smogon! I hope to see you then!

HOW TO RECEIVE TERRAKION:
  • Note: Terrakion will not start being distributed until 5:30 PM EDT. Please follow these instructions then.
  • Step 1: Catch a Cacnea
  • Step 2: Offer the Cacnea for a Terrakion on the GTS. If you haven't registered Terrakion in your Pokedex yet, you can type its name in at the bottom.
  • Step 3: Enter your username that you entered the tournament with in the message box, or simply put #smogonvgc. If you don't do this, you'll be ignored!
  • Step 4: At about 3:30pm CST (90 minutes before tournament begins), our distributor will start giving out the Terrakion. Refresh the GTS to receive your Terrakion. Enjoy!

17 Weeks over the span of nearly 4 complete months. I'd like to casually note, however, that starting very soon, we'll be moving the tournament to some other day of the weekend. The main reason for this is that I personally will be busy most Fridays starting very soon. You can expect the change to happen around May 16th.

Last edited:
Think I might join in on this one, although I already have Terrakion. Going to test out my IC team, and as always hope for top cut.

Always a pleasure to participate!
Finals:
Game 1: 6E2G-WWWW-WWXT-SBEX
Game 2: 3ETW-WWWW-WWXT-SB8P

I also have the semi-finals videos, which I can provide the code if necessary

I did terribly, but I guess I got to see what still doesn't work (and got to test my new set, that was important).
Hope to improve the team a bit and bring something a bit more challenging to the table next time. You guys won't get so lucky on crits next time :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)