Smushing Snorlaxes [[A War Story]]

This is my first war-story, and after lurking about reading some good and some not-so-good warstories, I decided to write one about a very close battle I had tonight on wifi just to entertain you all. SO here goes:

Rules of this match:
No Ubers.
Sleep Clause
Double Team Clause
OHKO Clause
Species Clause
Hax Item Clause

My Team:

Dadrien Team:

As you can see, my team for this battle is lacking in special power, and before the match, I was worried about getting walled by physical walls and tanks, but I didn't care because I wanted to see the real power of some physical hardhitters.

For the sake of space, I will leave out leftovers recovery.

I also might forget maybe a few turns here or there, since this was on wifi and it's done by memory.

Turn ONE:

I sent out Typhlosion (100%)
Dadrien sent out Weavile (100%)

Ah, a Weaville. A common starter, a common focus sasher too. I decided to go ahead and use scarfplosion's Eruption because I was hoping he wouldn't switch. Then, when weavile had one hp, I'd eruption again for the kill. But alas, it never goes like that..

Turn Two:

Dadrien withdrew Weavile and sent out Snorlax
Typhlosion used Eruption
Snorlax got hit for around 25 % damage (75%)

Ah, wtf. I thought I could hit around 40% because I never saw Snorlax that potent of a special wall. But wait. THICK FAT. doh. Anyway, I saw what's coming.

Turn three:

I withdrew Typhlosion and sent out Heracross
Snorlax used Earthquake.
Heracross took 28 % damage. (72%)

Hehe. I predicted right and expected Earthquake, and thanks to handy bug resist, heracross took barely a scratch..sorta. Snorlax would NOT like a CB'd Close Combat so I knew it would run. Time to chase the Snorlax down.

Turn Four:

Dadrien withdrew Snorlax
Heracross used Pursuit
Snorlax took 35 % damage (40%)
Dadrien sent out Weezing.

Well, whew. Snorlax was weakened, but its not out of the picture yet. Weezing was sent out. Weezing is 3HKO with Stone Edge..if I get a crit. I think Weezing's gonna use a fire move so I ...

Turn Five:

I withdrew Heracross and send out Typhlosion
Weezing used Flamethrower
Typhlosion took 10 % (90%)

Yes. Now Weezing is scared of an Eruption. But I have a little suprise for little Snorlax..

Turn Six:

Typhlosion is tightening its focus
Dadrien withdrew Weezing and sent out Snorlax
Typhlosion used Focus Punch
Snorlax took 40 % and fainted.
Dadrien sent out Garchomp

6-5 Mr101

:)!!! Woot. Got that snorlax out of the picture who could of caused me problems later one. Wasn't expecting mr. chinchilla to slug him in the mouth, I bet. But the battle's not even close to done. Garchomp is eying me for dinner, so I better run since I'm locked into Eruption

Turn Seven:

I withdrew Typhlosion and send out Donphan
Garchomp used Earthquake
Donphan took 22 % (78%)
Garchomp took 10 % away from Life Orb Recoil (90%)

I send out my reliable Dumbo. On hindsight, I guess I should of sent out Gliscor but I wanted to quick kill Garchompy with Ice Shard..and set up some SR while I'm at it. But he was on to my plan..

Turn Eight:
Dadrien withdrew Garchomp and sent out Weezing
Donphan used Stealth Rock.

Just as I spected. Atleast I got a SR out which would prove useful in the match, as well as wearing Weezing down. I was scared of WOW, not only would it cripple me, but it would halve my attack. SO I...

Turn Nine:
I withdrew Donphan and sent out Typhlosion
Weezing used Will O' Wisp; It had no effect on Typhlosion.

Whew. He must of forgot that fire types can't be burned. So now I got a threatening Typhlosion ready to smock that poison ball around. I knew he would run though. This is where I made a BIG mistake. I assumed he was going to bring in Garchomp to eat the Eruption, then fight back with EQ( It probably could of token two Eruptions ), so I used HP Ice. But I guess Dadrien knew what I had or maybe it was by accident but he ...

Turn Ten:

Dadrien withdrew Weezing and sent out Weavile
Weavile took 25 % from Stealth Rock
Typhlosion used HP Ice.
Weavile took 13 % from the attack ( 62 %)

Oh, boo. Now, I'm stuck into an HP ice but I don't want to bring anyone out to eat weavile's choice banded attacks, (donphan was at the hp where he could of been two hit ko'ed), so I decide to sacrifice my Firapina.

Turn Eleven:

Typhlosion used HP Ice.
Weavile took 13 % (49 %)
Weavile used Night Slash and Typhlosion fainted.

5-5 TIE. Well now it's even..I bring out my Donphan now to absorb a hit and kill it with EQ. But..

Turn Twelve:

I sent out Donphan and used EQ.
Dadrien withdrew Weavile and sent out Weezing.
Weezing makes ground moves miss with Levitate.

Oh, well it was worth a try. But I got Weezing right where I wanted it. I didn't know if it was gonna use Flamethrower or Wow. I didn't want to risk Heracross being ko'ed with the flames, so I send in Blissey to take a WOW like a champ.

Turn 13:

I withdrew Donphan and sent out Blissey
Weezing used WOW and burned Blissey ( 84 %)
Blissey lost 12 % of its health ,(leftovers), (94%)

Blissey could heal her burn with aroma or natural cure, and she had softboiled so I wasn't worried. I got greedy though...

Turn 14:

Dadrien withdrew Weezing and sent out Garchomp
Rocks plunge into Garchomp (74 %)
Blissey used Thunder Wave; It didn't effect Garchomp

Bleh. Just Bleh. I know Donphan could survive an EQ , I wanted to suprise Dadrien with Gliscor so..

Turn 15:

I sent out Donphan
Garchomp used Earthquake
Donphan took 34 % ( 48 %)

Well, he still has a chunk so I'll ice shard it..I know Weezing's gonna come but thats my plan.

Turn 16:

Dadrien withdrew Garchomp and sent out Weezing
Donphan used Ice Shard
Weezing took shit damage ( 80%)

I know WOW is coming, so I'm gonna bring in my Cross to get some guts. Hopefully I'm right..

Turn 17:

I withdrew Donphan and sent out Heracross
Weezing used WOW; Heracross was burned
Heracross took 12 % from burn, (60%)

YES! Guts + CB+ Beast Attack= Own. But I knew I couldn't do 80 % to Weezing with Stone Edge..but maybe with a crit? Please hit.

Turn 18:

Heracross used Stone Edge.
Weezing took 53 % (28%)
Weezing used Flamethrower
Heracross took whatever percent to (30HP)

I survived! Well, doesn't suprise me since weezing must of been 252/252. You know what's next..

Turn 19:

Heracross used Stone Edge
Weezing fainted.
Dadrien sent out Weavile

5-4 Mr101

I decide to sacrifice now.

Turn 20:

His Weavile used Ice Punch (40%)
Heracross fainted.
I sent in Weavile

4-4 Tie.

Turn 21:

I withdrew Weavile and send out Gliscor(100%)
His Weavile used Brick Break (95 %)

I lured his weavile to attack with Brick Break then brought in Gliscor to take Shit damage. Since I know his weavile is CB, he's locked into Brick Break! But I figure he'll switch into Garchomp but I'm not sure. I don't want to send Weavile into a Brick Break. so I just send out Donphan. and sure enough..

Turn 22:

I withdrew Gliscor and send out Donphan
He sends out Garchomp.
Rocks plunge into Garchomp (38%)

Ah >.<;;. Now Garchomps out. I was wrong but hey wait I have ice shard. of course my little stylus didn't think so, and pressed EQ for me. Noooo. :(((. Well Donphan was about to be KO'd anyway so I just let it happen. T.T a lesson well learned.

Turn 23:

Garchomp used Dragon Claw and lost 10 % (28%)
Donphan fainted.
I send in Weavile.

3-4 Dadrien.

Time to revenge kill...!!!

Turn 24:

Weavile used Pursuit
Garchomp lost 35 % and fainted
Dadrien sends out Weavile

I used Pursuit because I didn't want little Garchomp to run away and to weavile who probably wouldn't of been ko'ed. and since i didn't max speed, i didn't want to become victim to any of his attacks. luckily, choce banded pursuit pulls me through.

3-3 Mr101.

Here is another mistake I made..I thought he thought I was going to bring in Gliscor to take an Ice Punch so I kept my Weavile in to eat it..since I didn't think it would be KO'd .. but my poor EvilWeasel ate a little serving of reality :(

Turn 25:

Dadrien's Weavile used Brick Break.
My Weavile fainted.
I send in Gliscor.

2-3 Dadrien

Ahh. Overpredicting the overprediction T.T. Well, atleast Weavile is stuck into Brick Break so I now I can KO with EQ. I'm sure he'll just sacrifice it.

Turn 26:

Weavile used Brick Break on Gliscor (93%)
Gliscor used EQ, Weavile fainted
Dadrien sent in Gengar
Rocks plunge into Gengar (88%)

GAH a gengar! The only poke I didn't want to see! But you'll see soon how i avoided a big stall war. i cant rly do anything but just knock off since blissey doesnt run ice beam and cant hit gar with seismic toss ><. so i..

turn 27:

Gengar used shadow ball on Gliscor
It's a Critical HIT! ( 30%)
Gliscor used Knock Off on Gengar (78%)
Gliscor knocked off Choice Specs

turn 28:

Gengar used Shadow Ball
Gliscor fainted, and I sent out Blissey

1-2 Dadrien

Since it had Choice Specs, I could of switched into Blissey and it couldn't of attacked. But then I realized he had one poke left..which I found out was Magnezone. I would of beat the Magnezone with Toss unless it splosioned, and then I would end up in a big stall war..I took the sportmanlike way out and just fled knowing there was nothing I could do..except struggle my way through over 60PP to use Struggle.

Mr101 Fled.

Damien won 1-2. Good match Damien!!

So, yea. That a pretty close match but there were some obvious slops and pros.

PROS:
Typhlosion for being a badass and punching Snorlax
Heracross for its guts..hehe.
Donphan for walling.
Weavile for killing Garchomp, and also being a badass
..and Stealth Rock =P.

Slops:
Gliscor. Although he ko'ed Weavile, he could of done alot better.
Blissey for not getting much action.
Me for overpredicting overpredictions.

So after this match, I realized some things, and will now spend some time reworking this team. But I do tell you that these CBthreats are some sure hardhitters

I hope you enjoyed this warstory.

Not too bad of a warstory. Your predictions were good, even if you did mess up once or twice.

EDIT: Whoops...guess I was the one who wasn't paying attention. Ignore that.

Good read; it's always more fun when the poster loses. Nice commentary, too. To be honest, though, the use of my favorite starter ever (Typhlosion) is what made me really like it. :3

Under turn #6:
Garchomp is eying me for dinner, so I better run since I'm locked into Eruption
Don't you mean locked into Focus Punch?

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
That was a good warstory, and I'm glad it was on wifi at least, good change from the Shoddybattle ones. The only problem I had with it was the end where you ran away...but the rest of the story was really good, I enjoyed seeing Snorlax getting punched right in the gut as he came in. Good show. :]

Good warstory a couple of mispredictions but other than that you were doing pretty good. You should be familiar with the damage calcs to your pokemon you could have predicted Gar had Specs after that much damage switch to Blissey and be able to get a free ST. Oh well GJ!:D

Turn 20:

His Weavile used Ice Punch (40%)
Heracross fainted.
I sent in Weavile
4-4 Tie.

Turn 21:

I withdrew Weavile and send out Gliscor(100%)
His Weavile used Brick Break (95 %)

I lured his weavile to attack with Brick Break then brought in Gliscor to take Shit damage. Since I know his weavile is CB, he's locked into Brick Break! But I figure he'll switch into Garchomp but I'm not sure. I don't want to send Weavile into a Brick Break. so I just send out Donphan. and sure enough..
There's a part that I don't understand :
You said that at Turn 20 your opponent's weavile used ice punch to kill you Heracross, then at turn 21, this weavile used brick break, so how could you said that your opponent's weavile is CB ? Is there something that I missed ?

Good Warstory nice predictions there from both trainers, but there is something i just can't understand, this part of the war story:

turn 27:

Gengar used shadow ball on Gliscor
It's a Critical HIT! ( 30%)
Gliscor used Knock Off on Gengar (78%)
Gliscor knocked off Choice Specs

Shadow ball from a Specsgar and also it was a critical hit!!, Gliscor should be death in that moment of the war story or maybe I missed something.

I hope you didn't make this up. Lol, the whole time, you guys read each other like a book, now there's all these inconsistencies.

Eh

Fun read though.

There's a part that I don't understand :
You said that at Turn 20 your opponent's weavile used ice punch to kill you Heracross, then at turn 21, this weavile used brick break, so how could you said that your opponent's weavile is CB ? Is there something that I missed ?

you're right. eh maybe i missed a turn that he switched out and switched in. this was done over wifi, and i wrote it 30min after the match so i may have missed something.

About the SpecsGar: I don't know how Gliscor survived. Gliscor was at full health, and even then he should of been KO'd but maybe the gengar had more sp. attk or something. I could of switched in Blissey but he had one more poke left and I didn't know what it was. makes me want to run ice beam now. I've been thinking about taking gliscor out and putting something else in.

Thanks for the comments. Sorry for some inconsistencies, but I assure you that it was a real battle.

:Typhlosion is a really good asset, mixed one is very dangerous if you predict well. Not only that, but it scares the *** out of Forretress leads. That's how I can oHKO tyranitar switch ins :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)