ORAS OU Snuggle Puff Squad [Mega-Altaria Team]

Introduction:

Hello everyone this is my attempt at an RMT haven't done too many so lets see how this turns out. I'll begin with an introduction; I am Will and I only just recently started dwelling into the forums as all I used to do was ladder a little and just basically lurk and such. i'm giving the ladder a go since the suspect testing on greninja opens up new team possibilities and formulas so its pretty much the main reason I am trying out Altaria and other mons. I am not that experienced at team building as this is something that I just recently started doing so any pointers and helpful tips on how to better the team are really appreciated.​

The Squad:

Altaria @ Altarinianite

Ability: Natural Cure
Nature / Spread:
Adamant 64hp/252atk/192Spd

Moveset:
  • Return/Frustration
  • Earthquake
  • Roost
  • Dragon Dance

Standard set 192 speed to outspeed base 110's at +1 like the latis and such return/Frustration as the preferred STAB as it gets that nice 30% BOOST from pixilate. went with EQ as a second attack since it helps me not get completely walled by heatran. Roost for some much needed longevity and Dragon dance to set up some sweeps. I actually really like Altaria since its new mega evolution was introduced because its a cute little puff ball of mass destruction like seriously this thing has such a great typing its ridiculous.

Empoleon @ leftovers

Ability: torrent
Nature / Spread:
Calm 252hp/252SpDef/4Spd

Moveset:
  • Scald
  • Knock Off
  • Roar
  • Protect
An underrated and fun pokemon to use; I went with a specially defensive spread to help cover Altaria's weaknesses. The emperor penguin adds some utility to the team with the not so reliable burn from scald, knock off to eliminate items, roar for some needed phasing against Crocune, Crobro and such as well as protect for scouting. Empoleon actually holds the team together and on many occasions it has saved me some games.

Latias @ life orb

Ability: Levitate
Nature / Spread:
Timid 72 hp / 184 SpAtk /252 Spd

Moveset:
  • Draco Meteor
  • Psyshock
  • Roost
  • Defog
Latias is by far the most reliable defogger around right now as well as being a great check to keldeo and Mega venusaur both of which can be worked around but are a tad bit annoying to deal with. Especially Venusaur that thing is still a monster. Draco meteor as the stronger STAB option and Psyshock to deal with fighting and poison types that want to come in and stop Altaria from shaking her cotton.

Landorus-I @ life orb

Ability: Sheer force
Nature / Spread:
Timid 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd / 4SpDef

Moveset:
  • Earth Power
  • Focus Blast
  • Hidden power-Ice
  • Calm Mind
Landorus-I to be honest is just a monster now with Greninja gone it has some free time to do some serious damage; CM Lando because I needed a way to break stall stuff like swarm who like to think they are safe by flying above ground and the annoying Ferrothorn. Standard 252/252 spread since I really need the power and the speed since it soars at 111 base speed which is great. Lando actually works well with Altaria it deals with a couple of things that try to belittle the snuggle queen bar if the unreliable Focus blast hits, Earth power for reliable STAB and Hidden power ice although not that big on power helps me against other Landorus-T's, Garchomps and other things that really don't appreciate a x4 Ice type move.

Terrakion @ Lum Berry

Ability: Justified
Nature / Spread:
Jolly 252 Atk/ 252 Spd / 4Def

Moveset:
  • Close Combat
  • Stone Edge
  • Swords Dance
  • Stealth Rocks
Terrakion is a very fun pokemon to use; The Bull is a powerhouse it helps me lay some SR's on the field to put some pressure on the opponents side and if that isn't enough it can do some serious damage if it gets to +2. Eventhough the bull isn't as common as its little Brony counterpart it is always something to be prepared for and a destructive force if ignored. Standard spread Lum berry lets me be a bit more reckless and do some damage to things that would like to Burn, Paralyze, etc.

Gengar @ Black Sludge

Nature / Spread:
Timid 8 Hp /252 SpAtk / 252 Spd

Moveset:
  • Sludge Wave
  • Hex
  • Will-O-Wisp
  • Taunt
The Jester, Joker, OG ghost from back in day. A pokemon that since the beginning of time has maintained its royal status. I chose Gengar for the last slot in my team because aside from covering Altaria's Poison weakness it helps me a lot vs. Stall/SemiStall teams with the support from taunt and WoW. Sludge Wave smacks Azumarill who is a big pain to deal with especially superpower or bull doze variants that can actually do some damage to Empoleon. I chose Hex over shadow ball because since I am running wisp and scald on the team burns are likely to go off at some point in the match it also helps me with the rare Gliscor whom although can be dealt with sub/roost variants are annoying to break.

Conclusion:

To end things off I would like to thank you for taking your time to read this thread as I had a lot of fun writing it. I really like the concept of the team these mons are some playful little things and all in all the team is very fun to use but I'd like for it to be a more structured and competent team as I don't really know what mayor flaws or weaknesses the squad has so please any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time and have a wonderful day - W.

Last edited:
I really liked this team when I first saw it but having lati+empoleon didnt really work out for me since lati checks keld and zard-y. Empoleon should be running defog over protect just because protect scouts for moves like EQ and fighting moves that kill empo right? so you could just replace lati with slowbro since it checks mega metagross,mamoswine which before you had no switchins too and keldeo as much as i would want to disagree slowbro cant take specs hydro as well but it can deffinately take a hit or two. Put sub over Eq on altaria so that you can beat crobro and is also a way to set up on things like rotom wash. Max speed isnt really helpfull on altaria since you have to be at +2 to be faster than the whole tier 152 in speed to outspeed base 110 ats +1 and exactly outspeeds lati twins by 1 point the rest in hp to take more hits behind a sub i always feel like altaria needs that bulk when using it. Finally you have to change the terrakion to scarf to not lose to manectric dash loppuny and just put rocks over cm on landorus since lando is pressure by other landos being that its your only switch in the cm set doesnt work properly in this manner. Hex gengar is cool but again like stored power you have to burn things to make it work so if a heatran is weakend it might just cost you the game that you dont have shadow ball. Shadow is for immidiate power since your team is more balanced hex gar cant work properly having 0 back up mons and that its coverage is hard against stall with out a life orb. I put ice beam instead of gknot on bro since if you run into sub dd gyara it gets walled by altaria since the only sub dd set you would be running into would be waterfall+crunch. Twave is nasty but it gives you an easier time dealing with fast threats. I took of roar on empo and replaced with rocks since the things you would be roaring out would most likely be tail glow manaphy its left as an option since psychic is needed on lando to beat mega venusaur. Still gets man handled by ferrothorn so I put 4 speed to outspeed those and hit it with fire blast or keep ice beam to deal with dragons up to you Im not in the mood to get into an argument onto which is better that is why I left is as options so that you could decide for yourself.

TEAM

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost
- Substitute

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Psychic/Stealth Rocks

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Defog
- Stealth Rock/Roar

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast/Ice Beam

Thanks a lot for the rate, I'm definetly gona try different variations on all your suggestions to see which does best. Scarf Terrak really helps me on the speed control as the team is actually very Sluggish, I really like the slowbro suggestion over latias as the team does need the physical bulk. The Hex Gengar is way too situational and shadow ball by far is a better option. As far who the SR setter should be I'll play around Lando and Empoleon and see who does best as like you said the Psychic coverage is really helpful. Thanks a lot for the help really needed it. :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)