So Choice

OU is probably my least-favorite tier. I just feel like you just see the same stuff over and over again. I decided to make a team was kind of a reaction to that.

After much helpful advice, I've remade much of the team, and now I'm ready for feedback on version 2.0. Since Conkeldurr isn't exactly the biggest problem this team has any more, I've renamed it in honor of Ferris Bueller's return.

At a Glance...
[pimg]665[/pimg][pimg]395[/pimg][pimg]623[/pimg][pimg]376[/pimg][pimg]251[/pimg][pimg]169[/pimg]

In Depth

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Modest
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Surf
-Fire Blast

Unchanged from the original. Great revenge killer. Someone suggested I run Timid over Modest. Honestly, I'd rather have the added power than the extra speed.

Infernape @ Choice Band
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge

Took Lasers' suggestion and replaced Victini with this set. Flare Blitz + Close Combat is an extremely winning duo (take that, Heatran!). U-Turn makes it a great scouting lead as an alternative to Celebi. Great synergy with Hydreigon and Celebi.

Victini @ Choice Band
Adamant
52 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
-V-Create
-Fusion Bolt
-U-Turn
-Zen Headbutt

Took out Brick Break (as nice as it is to ruin dual screeners' days), put U-Turn back in. Heatran really hampers the effectiveness of Victini. I would actually say that Heatran is the number one threat to my team right now, especially in the sun. It's not as simple a matter as "predict the switch into Heatran, go for Fusion Bolt / U-Turn"--my opponents have been competent enough to out-predict me more often than not.

If I'm being completely honest with myself, I don't really think Victini has a place on this team any more--Hydreigon and Crobat already have the fire-type moves covered. I might be better off with someone else in its slot. Bulky Rotom-W? Mamoswine? Mienshao? I'm open to suggestions.

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Modest / Water Absorb
172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
-Surf
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Ice Beam

Rounding out the trifecta is this guy. On one of my other teams, I used to run a utility Jellicent. Apparently, that's what most people expect. People DO NOT expect Specs Jellicent. This guy is my favorite new edition. Note the absence of Water Spout. That's basically because I don't trust that I can keep this guy at or near full health. Although--I gotta say--in testing, it's been doing remarkably well in that regard, so I might have to reconsider. Assuming I don't put Water Spout back in, should I reroute any EVs from Speed to bulk?

This guy's main drawback is that he's OHKOed by Scizor's Pursuit, so if my opponent has a Scizor, I've got to be VERY careful not to lock myself into anything besides Surf.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Brave
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
-Bullet Punch
-Ice Punch
-Psychic
-Earthquake

I wanted something bulky that could take a few Outrages / Draco Meteors. Psychic is to *threaten* Conkeldurr (haven't calced who wins 1-on-1, but in the absence of Drain Punch recovery, it does 2HKO). EQ is for Jirachi. I'm open to alternate sets/spreads.

That being said this set is surprisingly effective, and I really have no complaints.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Impish
108 HP / 112 Atk / 252 Def / 36 Spe
-Recover
-Stealth Rock
-Heal Bell
-Seed Bomb

This is my replacement for Mew. If I'm not running Tailwind/Transform on Mew, its primary purpose is for Stealth Rocks and Heal Bell. Celebi's got that covered, plus gets STAB grass for Gastrodon and Rotom-W. Now let's talk about that STAB grass. Why the hell am I running Impish and not Bold? And why the hell Seed Bomb? It's mostly a "historic" reason--namely, the first flawless pokemon I RNG'd was an Impish Celebi (can't control the nature, after all). But I've actually found that it does pretty well, since NO ONE expects Celebi to be physical.

More often than not, Celebi is my lead. If my opponent has a Politoed, it lets me scout if Politoed is Scarfed / has Ice Beam (haven't run the calcs, but I haven't been OHKOed by a Politoed's Ice Beam yet). It holds its own against Rotom-W and is generally a good rain counter. I'm open to suggestions, of course. Stealth Rock is vitally important on this team, as is Heal Bell. I've heard great things about Nasty Plot Celebi's sweeping prowess, but I really need a utility poke in this role.

Crobat @ Leftovers
Timid
40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
104 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 136 Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Sludge Bomb
-Air Slash
-Hidden Power Ground

Took out Heat Wave now that Infernape is on the team. Note that at +2 Air Slash 3HKOs most Ferrothorn. With Flinch hax, this means that Crobat will probably win 1-on-1.

Okay. Crobat. Not someone who you see very often in OU. But this guy is my big answer for Conkeldurr. 4x resists fighting. Fast as anything (speed EVs to outrun Jolly Weavile Timid Starmie). Surprisingly bulky, even without Roost. After a Nasty Plot, OHKOes standard Conkeldurr with Air Slash. Sludge Bomb has great power. Without HP Ground, is COMPLETELY walled by Heatran (and taking down Tentacruel takes a few more turns).

Summary
As you'd expect on a team with three choiced pokes, this team relies a lot on switching. Aside from Victini Crobat, none are weak to Stealth Rock. Three are unaffected by Toxic Spikes, two are unaffected even by Spikes, so I'm not *too* worried about entry hazards.

If you do a typing analysis on this team, you'll notice that I have HUGE weaknesses (3x) to Ice, but I have three Ice-resists. So I'm not overly concerned. Tell me if I should be.

• Scizor: Infernape, Hydreigon--if only I can keep him in long enough to hit him.
  • Dragonite: After SR, Hydreigon OHKOes with Draco Meteor. Metagross does the same with Ice Punch. Jellicent does the same with Ice Beam. Metagross can take two +1 Outrages.
  • Rotom-W: Most sets 2HKOed by Celebi's Seed Bomb. Most variants don't like switching into Surf from Jellicent in the rain (112/0 set takes 50-59% damage). Not really very threatening.
  • Heatran: Biggest threat. Surf from Jellicent or Hydreigon is effective outside of the sun. Metagross takes 71% minimum from no-SpA Lava Plume OUTSIDE the sun. Best hope is HP Ground from Crobat (most sets will be OHKOed after a Nasty Plot).
  • Tyranitar: Metagross, Crobat with HP Ground, Infernape's CC.
  • Ferrothorn: See Scizor. Infernape's also got this covered.
  • Politoed: Celebi/Jellicent have this covered.
  • Terrakion: Infernape's CC. Metagross has Bullet Punch to pick off one that's been weakened. Seed Bomb from Celebi is nice. Jellicent can switch into a CC and threaten out with Surf/Energy Ball
  • Jirachi: Counting on Metagross here. Outside of rain, plenty of fire I can use. Don't have a phazer on this variant. Could be a problem with the subCM set.
  • Latios: Metagross? Hydreigon?
  • Skarmory: See here. Metagross walls. Few pokes on my team are hit by all hazards. Outside of rain, Flare Blitz will almost always 1HKO assuming Sturdy's broken (Hydreigon's FB does 77% minimum to the specially defensive set). In rain, Jellicent's Surf does 78-92% to the specially defensive set.
  • Reuniclus: No one really OHKOes this guy, but it can be pretty easily taken out if weakened (Dark Pulse does 50% minimum to the Calm Mind set at +1)
  • Haxorus: Metagross, Hydreigon, Jellicent, depending on what it locks itself into if Choiced. Standard DD set is Adamant, so Hydreigon will still out-speed if at +1.
  • Ninetales: Is a threat?
  • Conkeldurr: I overcompensated after my initial iteration of this team. Metagross walls, Crobat is a pretty hard counter.
  • Gyarados: Could be scary. I have no electric-type moves on this team. Still, plenty of neutral coverage.
  • Gengar: Slim chance that Metagross can take two LO Shadow Balls / Focus Blasts after Leftovers. Psychic has about a 50/50 shot at OHKOing at full HP. If it survives, go with Bullet Punch. Hydreigon can obviously revenge.
  • Starmie: Hydreigon. Celebi usually OHKOes 4/0 set after SR or LO.
  • Landorus: Celebi walls and does some damage back with Seed Bomb (3HKO?). If it's choiced, Hydreigon or Metagross can switch in safely.
  • Infernape: Crobat's a pretty good counter
  • Volcarona: If it sets up, it'll be pretty devastating. Trick is making sure Rocks are up and that it doesn't set up.
  • Magnezone: If Metagross gets trapped, I've got EQ
  • Espeon: Hydreigon
  • Salamence: See Dragonite
  • Hydreigon: If choiced, see what it locks itself into, and revenge with Metagross/Hydreigon. If not Timid Scarf, my Hydreigon out-speeds
  • Breloom: Crobat, mostly. Celebi's a great cleric.
  • Latias: See Latios?
  • Toxicroak: Crobat Air Slash
  • Lucario: Metagross' EQ, Hydreigon's Fire Blast/Surf, Jellicent's Surf, Crobat's HP Ground. Just can't let get off TOO many SDs.
  • Virizion: Crobat, Hydreigon
  • Scrafty: Crobat, Infernape
The list goes on, but my interest in going through it does not.

So what do you think?

It's not doing particularly well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

At a Glance...
[pimg]151[/pimg][pimg]665[/pimg][pimg]522[/pimg][pimg]195[/pimg][pimg]619[/pimg][pimg]670[/pimg]

In Depth

Mew @ Leftovers
Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
-Heal Bell
-Stealth Rock
-Tailwind Roost
-Transform

This is a rather strange set, I'll admit. Basically, I'm using Mew's awesome movepool in a utility fashion as both a cleric and a Stealth Rocker. Originally, this set ran Tailwind/Transform, the idea being you switch in on someone who's setting up, Tailwind while they think you're LETTING them set up, Transform, and then proceed to sweep. I pulled off this strategy exactly *once.* I'm open to other options for those two spots. Roost seems an obvious choice, especially if I'm sticking with Transform, but I'm open to getting rid of Transform as well.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Modest
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Surf
-Fire Blast

I love this guy. Great revenge killer. If there's no Conkeldurr on my opponent's team, this guy can do a hell of a lot of damage. But Conkeldurr is plenty common, and this guy's helpless against him.

Victini @ Choice Band
Adamant
52 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
-V-Create
-Fusion Bolt
-Brick Break
-U-Turn Zen Headbutt

Only enough speed EVs to outrun all non-scarfed-base-80s, and, honestly, I haven't missed those extra EVs at all. I'd even consider lowering the speed even further, as this guy's strength is against slower foes. When I was building this team, I figured its typing would make it a good match for Conkeldurr. Thing is, V-Create doesn't OHKO after a Bulk Up. Besides, Heatran is everywhere, so locking myself into V-Create isn't always a safe idea.

Edit: Just had the idea to remove U-Turn (it's grounded, SR-weak and slow--not a good recipe for scouting) and replace it with Zen Headbutt. Zen Headbutt is no more effective against a +1 Def Conkeldurr than V-Create, but it's safe to use with Heatran on the foe's team, plus there's the chance of a flinch.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Unaware / Careful
212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 SpD
-Recover
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Waterfall

Was supposed to be my answer to sweepers I'd foolishly let set up, but really doesn't hit hard enough to do much. Conkeldurr laughs at Earthquakes and nets a gain in HP after a Drain Punch.

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Swarm / Adamant
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
-Swords Dance
-Megahorn
-Pursuit
-Iron Head

I put it on the team to deal with Lati@s. It does its job great, assuming they're not running HP Fire. I'd consider a Band set, but I already have a Banded Victini.

Virizion @ Leftovers
Timid
IVs: 31/30/30/31/31/31
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Giga Drain
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power Ice

I put it on my team to cover up some weaknesses, but I haven't found it to be particularly useful--it's too hard to find the time to set up a Calm Mind (plus Focus Blast's accuracy sucks). I'm intrigued by the Work Up set if people have had good experiences with it. Otherwise, I'm fine with scrapping this puppy for someone else.

Summary
So basically, this team seemed like a good idea when I was putting it together and in initial testing (was I on the PO ladder or something? idk), but it really doesn't do too well in today's metagame. If the answer you guys have is that this team is beyond saving, I'll respect that, but I figured I'd come and ask in any case. After all, the RMT community saved my Ubers team.

Replace Victini with HP Fire Alakazam and replace Virizion with Lucario. And for something that does SR better than Mew, try Mamoswine. It looks like it would be pretty solid here after the addition of Zam.

If not Zam, try HP Fire Reuniclus. I think these changes will solve a lot of your team's problems.

Very interesting team to say the least. This team has a lot work to do to fix it, but I guess I'll put my simplest suggestions first.

First of all on Quagsire, run the Specially Defensive Curse set, imo it gives you the best of both worlds. Curse Quagsire will allow it to have at least some presence to threaten something, and gives it a nice boost to patch up your defense. While it may seem strange to run on I curse set, you can run an EV spread of 248 HP /176 SpD / 84 Spe to nab a Curse before Conkledurr can hit you.

Mew is complete Taunt bait with your set. In Stealth Rock's place, I would put Seismic Toss. Seismic Toss will give you consistent damage and give you an option to do something other than sit there before you transform. I would recommend Substitute, but you already have Heal Bell.

You will resent this, but every Escalivier in OU is a spot Scizor can do much, much better. He isn't exactly a formidable sweeper either with his blazing base 20 speed and moderate bulk. Metagross is a much more suitable candidate, able to sponge a hit and provide SR that Mew would now lack. With this change we now have a free team slot to do whatever the hell we want with, but I see it that it is something that can take on Conkledurr and Rain teams. Nasty Plot Celebi can take on both of those very well. With Metagross taking down the Lati's, Celebi will have an easier time sweeping. Good luck.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Recover

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Meteor Mash
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

What about changing Quagsire to Sassy and give it Scald instead of Waterfall. This will allow him to get off some burns and deter physical sweepers from coming in.

Expert belt on hydreigon and choice scarf Tyranitar removes vrizion's weaknesses from play. More later

On Hydreigon, you may want to consider using a timid nature which lets you outspeed jolly Haxorus, Darmanitan and other modest Hydreigon. Also give Lum berry a try on Virizion, this lets you set up a lot more easily on stuff like T-wave Ferrothorn. Lefties recovery is not needed because you got Giga Drain. I would also recommend Scizor over Escavalier as previously mentioned. A set consisting of Swords Dance / Bullet Punch / Bug Bite/ Roost with a ev spread of 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef and Adamant nature would do fine. This lets you sponge attacks from Latios/Latias (bar HP fire) and set up easily. Its a much more threatening pokemon in the OU tier.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, it's Antar, so of course I'll be rating his team :ooo

I think what your team should aim for is to help support Virizion-Victini dual offense as much as possible, since those 2 are most likely the ones to actually kill mons.

Virizion's main issues include:
1) Psychic-types - Reuniclus, Latias, Latios, Celebi
2) Fire-types - Volcarona, Darmanitan, Ninetales, Infernape
3) Steel-types - Scizor, Skarmory, Jirachi
4) Tornadus

Victini's main issue, as far as I can tell:
1) Flash Fire mons - Heatran, Chandelure
2) Tyranitar
3) Dragonite
4) Politoed and Gyarados

The Psychic and Steel-Type issue can be dealt with replacing Escavalier for SD Scizor. Bullet Punch comes in handy here to pick off weakened Psychic-types, and SD Superpower is a great way to lure and destroy Steel-Types.

Scizor @ Metal Coat
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
~ Bullet Punch
~ U-turn
~ Swords Dance
~ Superpower

With Metal Coat Scizor's Bullet Punch packs a punch, whereas the SpD EVs allows it to sponge Draco Meteors for the team. U-turn is there to scout, while Superpower is there to break Steel-types, something that Escavalier fails at miserably.

Fire-types is an issue however. Scarf Hydreigon is great for annihilating most of them, except for Volcarona. Heatran may seem like the go-to mon, but the rise in HP Ground Volcarona variant makes me uneasy to suggest it; with Virizion and Scizor giving easy opportunities to switch in, the Volcarona counter must be fail-proof. SubRoost ParaShuffling Dragonite is therefore an appropriate choice to your team. With heavy investment in special bulk combined with MultiScale, this Dragonite shrugs off hits from Volcarona with ease. Oh yea, it also beats Conkeldurr, too xP Paralysis support will also help your Virizion and CB Victini, whereas phazing moves is always a useful utility. This Dragonite should probably go over Quagsire, as they both serve a defensive pivot to this team.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: MultiScale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
~ Dragon Tail
~ Thunder Wave
~ Substitute
~ Roost

Provides you with useful phazing and paralysis support, as well as a solid defensive pivot. It would be nice to give it Fire Blast to melt Steels, but it needs Thunder Wave to cripple Volcarona.

With CBVictini and now Dragonite in tow, your team should pack a Rapid Spinner to realize their role in the team. Virizion would also appreciate Toxic Spikes removed from the field. Rapid Spin Starmie is a good fit here, providing you an additional check to Tornadus, Terrakion, Fire-types, and Rain teams. This should go over Mew, which is a piece of work, really xD. You lose SR support, but Rapid Spin would "even the field," by clearing hazards on your side.

Starmie @ Expert Belt
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
~ Hydro Pump
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Rapid Spin

Expert Belt keeps Starmie's health intact while providing it some offensive boost to seal some 2HKOs, such as against SR TTar, Celebi, and Jellicent. You can go with Leftovers, but then it'll miss those 2HKOs.

As for smaller fixes, U-turn should be added on to your choiced Hydreigon and Victini. It's a really useful scouting move, and I find it particularly useful on choiced mons, who may be uncertain to commit to offense yet. With Scizor - Victini - Hydreigon U-turn core and Dragonite's shuffling technique, it's a shame we can't fit SR here to really rack up residual damage, but I find Rapid Spin more necessary here to keep these mons healthy. U-turn / DTail damage still adds up anyways. Try out U-turn > Surf on Hydreigon and U-turn > Zen Headbutt on Victini.

Hope this helped, Antar! Have fun laddering in OU :P

Thanks for all the feedback! I'm trying out a few of your suggestions. I'll let you know how it turns out.

maybe get rid of victini for choice band infernape?

Infernape @ Choice Band
Jolly
252 Attack/252 Speed
-Close Combat
-Flare Blitz
-Stone Edge
-U-turn/Mach punch

I really think a spinner would help a lot. I'll come back and rate this soon.
Problem with adding a spinner is that I need a slot for the spinner. And I'm imagining it'll really only help if my opponent is able to get multiple layers of hazards up, something I *should* be able to prevent.

maybe get rid of victini for choice band infernape?

Infernape @ Choice Band
Jolly
252 Attack/252 Speed
-Close Combat
-Flare Blitz
-Stone Edge
-U-turn/Mach punch
I like it! In that case, I should probably lose Heat Wave on Crobat, yes?

As weavile is not an issue for your team, you might use a modest nature for crobat, because he really lacks pure power. But I think he can be funny to use (as everybody will expect u-turn, taunt...).
Maybe a Foretress with SR, rapid spin, spikes/offensive moove and volt switch instead of Metagross could help. I like very much using it with a red card, as your team can't realy deal with a powerfull set upper with a few boost, and you can spread hazard while your opponent is set upping without fearing anything. You can also use the more expected leftover.
Two weaknesses to fire for your walls could be annoying, but your three sweepers resist it. So you would have a free slot for Celebi (instead of SR); persih song (to avoid letting set-uppers having fun), u-turn, or maybe thunder wave might help your team.

As weavile is not an issue for your team, you might use a modest nature for crobat, because he really lacks pure power. But I think he can be funny to use (as everybody will expect u-turn, taunt...).
Excellent advice. Now that I've removed Heat Wave, I'm no longer going to be wanting to stay in against Weavile. Time to consult the speed tiers...

Edit: Okay. Speed. I can drop it down to 363 to out-speed Starmie, but then I need to stay Timid. Otherwise, I should probably hit 351 to outspeed Gengar (can't really do anything to Tornadus). Note that +2 Timid Sludge Bomb does 85-101% against 4/0 Starmie (OHKO unlikely) , while +2 Modest does 93-111% (OHKO virtually guaranteed after rocks). Meanwhile, LO Ice Beam/T-bolt from Timid Starmie (who runs Psychic on Starmie?) does 84-99% against 36/0 Crobat (36 being the leftover EVs for Modest 351). So can't decide... Further edit: If I were to run Timid, the defenses would be 104/8/8. Ice Beam/T-bolt would do 78-93%. So Crobat would hit first, *possibly* KO, but *definitely* survive to hit again.

Maybe a Foretress with SR, rapid spin, spikes/offensive moove and volt switch instead of Metagross could help. I like very much using it with a red card, as your team can't realy deal with a powerfull set upper with a few boost, and you can spread hazard while your opponent is set upping without fearing anything. You can also use the more expected leftover.
It is very true that my biggest problem right now is if I make a mistake and let a sweeper get off more than one boost. Study + Red Card = Sexy. I'll consider it.

Two weaknesses to fire for your walls could be annoying, but your three sweepers resist it. So you would have a free slot for Celebi (instead of SR); persih song (to avoid letting set-uppers having fun), u-turn, or maybe thunder wave might help your team.
Not sure what I would put in the last slot. Perish Song takes too long to force a switch, and too many sweepers run Lum Berry these days for me to like T-Wave. I'll think on it.

Hey,

This is a cool team, but why don't you try a Donphan over Metagross, as it can sponge physical hits better, has access to STAB Earthquake, has access to Ice Shard, and has Rapid Spin and SR. You can replace SR on Celebi after this change. In fact, I think you can change your Celebi to a Specially Offensive Celebi variant to deal with spinners and threats like Scizor better. It ruins sweepers with paralysis and has the ability to hit hard. On Infernape, I think a Life Orb may suit you better because you'll retain the ability to switch moves, as well as hitting with additional power. Of course, you can get revenged more easily, but that's the trade-off. That's basically all I have to say.

Celebi @ Life Orb | Natural Cure
Modest Nature | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Giga Drain | Psychic | Hidden Power Fire | Thunder Wave

You can opt for Heal Bell over Psychic but you lose the ability to wreck Conkeldurr.

Donphan @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Adamant Nature | 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Earthquake | Rapid Spin | Ice Shard | Stealth Rock

Anyhow, innovative team. Good luck!

why don't you try a Donphan over Metagross, as it can sponge physical hits better, has access to STAB Earthquake, has access to Ice Shard, and has Rapid Spin and SR.
I have experience with Donphan, and tbh, I'm not likely to switch to it. Metagross is on the team to specifically take Draco Meteors / Outrages, which it will do much better than Donphan, since it has comparable bulk, but better typing. Bulky (252/0) Metagross can switch into a +1 Dragonite's Outrage (takes 35-42%), take a second one, and will do 59% minimum with Ice Punch to the 0/0 set even if Multiscale is intact. At that point, assuming Dragonite's still locked into Outrage, Metagross might be able to take one more after Leftovers recovery* and kill Dragonite with another Ice Punch (unfortunately, Ice Punch + Bullet Punch falls just shy, even assuming max damage on both fronts).

Calcs: min damage on all three hits - 2 rounds of leftovers=349/364. If we change that to max damage, that goes up to 421. So, most likely, Outrage is a 3HKO. But this assumes rocks are down for some reason and that I haven't foddered anyone to break multiscale. Note that the Bulky DDance set only does 31-36% per Outrage, whereas Ice Punch is still a 2HKO even if multiscale is intact.

Now let's compare your Donphan: Ice Shard does 34% max with Multiscale intact, 70% if it's broken. Meanwhile, +1 Outrage does *minimum* 73% to Donphan, meaning you have to wait for someone else to die before switching it in, unless all you want to do is break multiscale.

In fact, I think you can change your Celebi to a Specially Offensive Celebi variant to deal with spinners and threats like Scizor better. It ruins sweepers with paralysis and has the ability to hit hard.
Specially offensive Celebi is great, no lie, but just not on this team. I really need a cleric (paralyzed Hydreigon = death fodder), and I really like how goddamn bulky my current set is.

On Infernape, I think a Life Orb may suit you better because you'll retain the ability to switch moves, as well as hitting with additional power. Of course, you can get revenged more easily, but that's the trade-off.
I'll definitely consider it if I start running into problems. Would probably replace U-Turn with Mach Punch in that case.

In any case, thanks for the advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)